Hacking Problem booting into SX OS 3.04

Ishzark

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sup guys

got a problem here - I updated my Switch firmware from 10.0.4 to 10.1.0, also downloaded the newest SX OS Beta 3.0.4.
Now I experience some pretty funny things:
it boots normally into the SX OS overwiev but after I press "launch into fw", it stucks after reaching the Nintendo logo - screen stays black.
Note: when I detach the SD Card after that the Switch starts to boot normally into the OFW.
When I plug in the SD Card while it's still on, it wants me to update my FW(which is nearly impossible for me now due to the fact my switch is banned).

I tried that with 3 different cards, same problem - is my switch dead now or do I have to wait for a new SX OS release

oh, backing up my emuNAND didn't work as well, same result.

hope you can help me

thanks in advance

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Sup guys

got a problem here - I updated my Switch firmware from 10.0.4 to 10.1.0, also downloaded the newest SX OS Beta 3.0.4.
it boots normally into the SX OS overwiev but after I press "launch into fw", it stucks after reaching the Nintendo logo - screen stays black.
Note: when I detach the SD Card after that the Switch starts to boot normally into the OFW.
When I plug in the SD Card while it's still on, it wants me to update my FW(which is nearly impossible for me now due to the fact my switch is banned).

I tried that with 3 different cards, same problem - is my switch dead now or do I have to wait for a new SX OS release

hope you can help me

thanks in advance

Make sure not Mariko: V1 unpatched only!
Load CFW SYsnand - Not emunand
Get 10.1.0 files
Get ChoiDujourNXv102

Update

Done

Reactions: Ishzark

Ishzark

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Make sure not Mariko: V1 unpatched only!
Load CFW SYsnand - Not emunand
Get 10.1.0 files
Get ChoiDujourNXv102

Update

Done
Mariko V1?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

oh, so it seems like my Switch ignored the fact that it's banned and reinstalled the update through the internet

working now again, case can be closed, thanks for your help tho!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Sup guys

hope you can help me

thanks in advance
Format your SD card as FAT32. ExFAT is not recommended, as it's prone to corruption. That will also get rid of the message asking you to update.
It sounds like your OFW still works, so your Switch is not dead. Your emuNAND may be corrupted, if that is the case you can always make a new one.

Edit: Did you pick the exFAT update when you updated to 10.1? If not that could explain why CFW doesn't work.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Format your SD card as FAT32. ExFAT is not recommended, as it's prone to corruption. That will also get rid of the message asking you to update.
It sounds like your OFW still works, so your Switch is not dead. Your emuNAND may be corrupted, if that is the case you can always make a new one.
We're still having to worry about exFat corruption? I thought they were fixing that when I had my banned Switch. Two years ago...

addaX

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
[QUOTE="Edit: Did you pick the exFAT update when you updated to 10.1? If not that could explain why CFW doesn't work.[/QUOTE]
Erm... I may have done just that : I installed 10.1 without picking the exFAT update.
How screwed am I?

Thanks already :)

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Erm... I may have done just that : I installed 10.1 without picking the exFAT update.
How screwed am I?

Thanks already :)
Use an SD card on FAT32 to reinstall the system version update with exFAT support, or reformat your primary SD card as FAT32.

FAT32 is recommended regardless of which solution you go with, since exFAT drivers on the Switch increase the chance of data corruption.

Reactions: addaX

addaX

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Use an SD card on FAT32 to reinstall the system version update with exFAT support, or reformat your primary SD card as FAT32.

FAT32 is recommended regardless of which solution you go with, since exFAT drivers on the Switch increase the chance of data corruption.

Thanks Lacius.

I've done it all and reformatted in FAT32 and, good news, it works!

But...

It seems that FAT32 doesn't allow files larger than 4Go. How do you manage to install bigger games with that restriction?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Lacius.

I've done it all and reformatted in FAT32 and, good news, it works!

But...

It seems that FAT32 doesn't allow files larger than 4Go. How do you manage to install bigger games with that restriction?
NSP files should be installed over a USB, FTP, or internet connection using something like blawar's Tinfoil.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1