Problem applying skin on the DSTT.

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by Ruzz, Oct 15, 2008.

Oct 15, 2008

Problem applying skin on the DSTT. by Ruzz at 2:52 PM (1,269 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Ruzz
    OP

Newcomer Ruzz Advanced Member

Singapore
    Ok what I do is go into my TTMenu folder, remove my default skin folder then copy in a bunch of .bmp files into the skin folder. I've tried putting the bmp files into a folder to put INSIDE the skin folder as well but it doesn't work. When I switch on the DS, the menu is filled with pixelated crap and all I see is my game icons. (the games still work though)

I've tried reformating already and the default DSTT skin comes up nicely. I put in the new skin, the ugly pixels come up again. I put the default skin folder back in and it works again :wtf:?

This is the skin I tried - http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=3136

How?

2. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    The skin MUST be in a folder named "default" within the "skin" folder. So you want to simply replace all of the skin .bmp files with the new ones, NOT create a new folder (the DSTT will only look at a folder named "skin/default" to find the skin .bmp files).

So why is the "default" folder even needed since you can only have one skin? My guess is that at one point DSTT thought they might add the option to switch skins within the menu, so they kept the skin in a "default" sub-folder (presumably they thought users would be add new skins in new sub-folders of the "skin" folder). But of course that never happened.

-Bri

3. Ruzz
    OP

Newcomer Ruzz Advanced Member

Singapore
    Thanks a TON, Bri! Worked perfectly.

4. Selena Mackenzie

Newcomer Selena Mackenzie Newbie

United States
    Ok.So i had the same problem,i did change it to default.(I got my skin from http://www.ndsthemes.com/themes/details/t/bdaaec7d77)The only problem is that when i turned it on,it says LOADING.But its loading forever!!Please help me!I dont want to stick with the old boring one.I had it for 6 years!