Pro Controller -> Android Linking

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by mikeyt1998, Jul 24, 2013.

1. mikeyt1998
    OP

mikeyt1998 YouTube Glitcher

Aug 11, 2007
    Dalton-in-furness, north west
    I've looked all over for a solution. To this But struggling to find one...

Basically I bought a pro controller for my Wii u and assumed it would work with my android device as it's a Bluetooth Pad, however it always asks for a pin when pairing, the chances of me guessing it are slim to nil I'd say as I've read its a 6 byte pin so over 2 million combinations or something crazy, can't remember exactly haha

Anyways, just wondering if there's any way I can find the pin to pair it or not? Otherwise I'll be getting a classic controller and just using the wiimote controller app with It haha

Cheers!

2. Warlord698

Warlord698 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 9, 2007
    United States
    most likely gotta wait for somebody to make an app like they did for the Wiimotes that knows what number to punch in

3. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
    someone need to make an app like this
    for the controller

4. mikeyt1998
    OP

mikeyt1998 YouTube Glitcher

Aug 11, 2007
    Dalton-in-furness, north west
    Yeah thats what I mean, i've been using the wiimote controller app and Its great! Thats why i'm gonna get a classic controller coz it works through the wiimote which I know works! Haha

Cheers anyways, just wondered if there was some algorithm to determine the pin or not but guess not yet :(

5. Langin

Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Jul 29, 2008
    Netherlands
    The Hague
    So emulators support the controller already. I can't recall which of them supported it though. :P (I tried it myself and it worked perfectly)

6. EvilMakiPR

EvilMakiPR GBAtemp Addict

Apr 9, 2013
    slingblade1170 likes this.
  7. ganons

ganons GBAtemp Addict

Jun 12, 2005
  8. xdarkmario

xdarkmario Philosopher

Dec 30, 2010
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    the pin should be 0000 or 1234 because that works for windows.

9. Ambushbug

Ambushbug Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2014
    United States
  10. Ambushbug

Ambushbug Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2014
    United States

I have tried those when pairing my Wii U pro controller to my nexus 7 tablet and they do not work. :(

11. Chewy_Cooking

Chewy_Cooking Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 16, 2017
    Colombia
    While this won't help, I also have this problem on my Kindle, I'm doing research and I'll put anything I find on this feed.

12. Chewy_Cooking

Chewy_Cooking Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 16, 2017
    Colombia
    Okay,
    so it seems like if you type in nothing at all it will work, with my Keindle it won't let me do that, so there is no way to test that fact.

13. Felek666

Felek666 retarded memekid which no one likes

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    Root your Android phone/tablet [Kindle has modified version of Android with shitty Launcher on it called FireOS (Still, Android)] then you can do most of your stuff.

Grab a OTG cable and connect your Pro Controller to your phone and download ex. USB Golden Joystick and check if it reports in your phone. If it still doesn't, you might as well try to install drivers for it. [Yes, Android also requires to have drivers installed if it's below +5.0]

14. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    It's not a Sony controller, miniusb is for power only (although it has an identification chip conforming to the USB standard, unlike 99% of power-only devices)

15. Felek666

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    OTG cable works as host so everything will work. Even a Xbox One Controller [But you have to search half off the internet to get it working on 4.4] meaning that even HDD will work if battery can hold it.

16. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    ...for charging the controller from the phone, sure :)
    It doesn't send button presses over usb in any way, whether standard hid or proprietary

17. Felek666

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    *sigh* Your phone has to support it first. Plug a keyboard using USB OTG cable and magically it works. PS3, XBOX 360/One also works, just needs external application to make it work.
    Normal USB will not work (I mean that you can't insert full-sized USB to your phone), it has to be USB OTG. Otherwise, you will be charging your controller.

Your phone has to be OTG compatible also.

Last edited by Felek666, Jun 17, 2017
  18. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Most phones without OTG don't output power at all (in fact there are many models with a chipset that supports OTG, but since they wanted to save a few cents of wiring and 5V inverter, it's not actually usable without external power and drivers)

But it doesn't matter in this case - it's the pro controller that doesn't work via USB, whether on phone, console, or computer

Felek666 likes this.