Pro B-4 PSX compatibility ?

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by mechagouki, Apr 13, 2011.

Apr 13, 2011

Pro B-4 PSX compatibility ? by mechagouki at 12:16 PM (2,173 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. mechagouki
    OP

Member mechagouki Kill 'em all...

Canada
    I haven't moved to 6.20 PRO B-4 yet but the general tide of opinion seems to be that it could become the new reliable permanent CFW, and the fact that it works on so many PSPs of all generations seems like a positive thing for the community in general, It doesn't however currently run popsloader, and i know that a lot of PSP users use their consoles to play PSX games, myself I play more PSX games than PSP games. Supposedly PRO B-4 has better across-the-board PSX compatibility built in, which if true would make popsloader redundant, I just wanted to know if anyone who has installed this new CFW permanently has tried it with a range of PSX games, both PSN and home made EBOOTs, and what kind of results they are getting.

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
  3. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    It simply won't have better compatibility with home-made eboots because 6.20 pops just can't offer the same range as 3.xx to 5.xx.

PSN eboots are a different matter entirely, but if you play PSX as much as PSP then you may as well stay on M33 and just use ISO Tool.

4. mechagouki
    OP

Member mechagouki Kill 'em all...

Canada
    Thanks for the link Rydian, that's exactly what I was looking for. Still no Brave Fencer I see - will it ever work? Strange that Vagrant Story (US) is working but not (EU).

@ xist: Is M33 better for PSX than GEN-D3? I'm currently on GEN-D3 and most games work fine, though I have intermittent problems with some games - Tomb Raider 1 sometimes has no music for instance (under 5.50 pops) and Shadow Man will not be recognized by CWcheat no matter what pops I use.