Sogdiana
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
I'm a University student so printing lecture notes up to 40 pages has been happening pretty often. Recently my lexmark piece of crap printer printed twice with refill and never again. Lexmark never does well with refills, it always fails very soon. I was wondering, What's the easiest refilling ink there is? I need to print alot of shit, they are all black and white with diagrams and images, but mostly text. I am tired of spending so much money on cartridge.
hate2.gif

Thanks in advance.

-EDIT- Oops, wrong section. I believe this belongs to GOTC or Computer Section.
unsure.gif

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If all you are doing is black & white invest in a laser printer, you can get them quite cheap and one toner cartridge will do a lot more sheets than the equivalent in ink jet cartridges (based on cost).

Get the extended warranty though, because it will stop working after a pre-set limit (drum life), if you went through that many pages each year for 3 years that warranty would save you the cost of 2 printers minus the warranty.

You can also refill the toner cartridge yourself saving more money.

Plus they emit ozone so you are saving the planet
tongue.gif

Shelleeson

Trophies
XP
Country
i had my printer do this on me, so i took out the printer cartridge and cleaned inside the holes (where the ink comes out) with printer cleaning solution and a cotton wool bud and did the same to the inside of the printer where they positioned (the prongs the cartridge is mounted on) and dried it off with dry cotton buds
i ran through a head clean and a test print and it worked great straight away (better than its done in years).
maybe if you've gone months without using it it's clogged up the slot and you need to get it cleaned up, you've not really got anything to lose by trying this
smile.gif

Little

I r Little
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Quoting myself from another forum about the "peach" system, I know its def available for HP printers, not sure about other printers though....
when you go to refil, its a simple click out the old ink part of the print head, and pop in the new one. Very clean and simple.

QUOTE said:
It separates the print head (expensive part of the cartridge) from the ink cartridge. When you run out of ink, you simply pop out the ink container (which is very easy and clean to do) and insert a new one into your old printhead... lots cleaner than DIY ink refill kits.

For my printer, HP PSC 1410 the Peach system ink cartridges hold 3 times as much, and cost a fraction of the price (still physically the same size though)

With Peach you start by buying the "starter kit", which contains one reusable printhead and usually 2 of the ink cartridges. I paid £21.99 for mine from the cartridge people and they are also giving 1 free extra ink cartrdige so you get 3 . Each of the holds 19mls of ink. The original 21 cartridges hold 5ml.
So for £21.99 you get 57mls of ink. Then after you've got the printhead you only need to buy the ink cartridges..... £10.99 for 3 (which is 2 + 1 free)... so 57mls of ink for £10.99 ... Very good when you consider the original HP 21's are RRP £12.99 for 5mls!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Cool. I got Prime