XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
according to the google code page the last commit was Jan 14, 2012 to v0.8 beta 2
http://code.google.com/p/priiloader/source/list

Also, I'd advise extreme caution when using priiloader to update itself, I personally would not attempt it on a Wii without bootmii @ boot2, at least not until it's proven to be totally safe.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Whoopdy doo. Since this is still a beta, it probably isn't worth trying or trusting, especially knowing Daco's coding.

FAIR WARNING: Stay away from this. If you are already happy with your current priiloader install then don't bother with this. No need to fix what isn't broken because it might become broken.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Heh, from the moment I saw
2yjrm2f.png
I knew that DeadlyFoez would bash Daco's coding skills and warn everyone to not update. Guess I was right :P

On a serious note, even if the last commit was beta 2 doesn't mean that there is no beta 3 available for download. I think he'll commit later.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Heh, from the moment I saw
2yjrm2f.png
I knew that DeadlyFoez would bash Daco's coding skills and warn everyone to not update. Guess I was right :P

On a serious note, even if the last commit was beta 2 doesn't mean that there is no beta 3 available for download. I think he'll commit later.
LMAO. I've never talked to Daco before (at least what I can remember), but I know his coding has been very buggy and not something worth trusting.

But can you at least agree (especially that it is still in beta) to not bother updating and it is probably not safe for the masses?

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
But can you at least agree (especially that it is still in beta) to not bother updating and it is probably not safe for the masses?
Of course I agree :) After all who in their mind would update a software that is known to be a bit insecure in the past when no changelog and information whatsoever have been provided?

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I think even daco would agree that updating is probably not safe for the masses, otherwise he shouldn't have called it a "beta". Even a small bug in priiloader could render a wii semi-bricked (or even fully-bricked) if it doesn't have bootmii @ boot2.

While we're on the subject, I really hate how priiloader has an internal update option... priiloader isn't something that should need to be updated frequently, so why the network code for update checks even exists is beyond me. Noobs who don't understand the dangers behind a priiloader beta will probably always say yes to updates because they usually think that newer is better, when really only beta testers with bootmii @ boot2 should be testing priiloader betas. That's why I think priiloader updates shouldn't be available via priiloader itself, especially not priiloader betas.

I am paranoid as hell just speaking my mind when it comes to priiloader... last time I made a couple harmless comments daco quoted "XFlak from gbafail" in his "goodbye world" message. So let me just stress the fact that I am not saying anything negative about daco or his work, I am just articulating my disagreement with the direction priiloader has taken when it comes to internal updates.

Reactions: 3 people

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I haven't seen the code and probably wouldn't be able to make heads or tails of it even if I did... but some very well respected devs have told me their opinion of priiloader's code, specifically it's network code, and the reviews weren't very positive.

edit:
I feel slightly better about it now that I've at least seen the changelog, lol

KingMuk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well this is nice and all but I'll stick with my current version of Priiloader (which I obtained via modmii)

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
* new libogc -> new wiimotes supported

* set black background as default
Sounds important, I will give it a test.... on my boot2 bootmii wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh