Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
razorback78 said:
TheNewbPleaser said:
segasaturn said:
TheNewbPleaser said:
1st try running dop ios MOD and update all your ioses then run wad manager and try installing ios 70 and system menu 4.2. thats a fix but ull be 4.2 saftly
I can't seem to launch it, tried using the install file feature in preloader, since I can't launch the homebrew channel..
u just need to run the boot.dol of dop ios mod
i think the problem is his installation of priiloader at 4.1 and not to update to 4.2...

why don't you just reinstall your system menu 4.1 through NUSD then wad manager, then try installing priiloader again. the author admitted that there is a known bug for his installer.
Just performed the system menu 4.1 update via the wad manager, should I try installing priiloader now, or wait for the next version with the "stuck in priiloader" fix?

segasaturn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Alrighty, I got it installed properly after I installed the system menu I downloaded from NUSD. I'm going to guess the problem has something to do with DOP installing it or downloading all the right files?

Thanks, razorback!

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
segasaturn said:
Alrighty, I got it installed properly after I installed the system menu I downloaded from NUSD. I'm going to guess the problem has something to do with DOP installing it or downloading all the right files?

Thanks, razorback!
you are welcome. not really, i kinda experience some bug also during installation but eventually managed to install this preloader mod by the next try.

jxer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NEWBIE ALERT!

I realize that these questions are prolly answered but i need confirmation, none of these guides are overly clear.

I have a 4.2U wii that was updated from 3.4u via Nintendo servers, that is modded to work with usb loader.

my bootmii is in Cios due to no boot 1 vulnerability. my cios are modified obviously and all i keep reading is i should have a unmodded cios?

i have a backup of my nand, but

IS THIS SAFE? i realize nothing is with this type of stuff. but do i have any recourse if this fails. i solely want to put this on, so i can install channel forwarders without worry. I failed the .30 preloader with the no target aborting missing error.

should i wait for v .2?

please let me know

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
i would try installing priiloader, if it still doesn't work, install preloader 0.29 JODI, then use priiloader installer to upgrade to priiloader v0.1

in fact, without bootmii as boot2, priiloader is your best brick protection (when combined with bootmii as ios)

jxer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
i would try installing priiloader, if it still doesn't work, install preloader 0.29 JODI, then use priiloader installer to upgrade to priiloader v0.1

in fact, without bootmii as boot2, priiloader is your best brick protection (when combined with bootmii as ios)

i realize this

if i install and this fails, like it seems it has for several people, what is my back out option? do i have to do anything with my cios that are modded, alot of this is still over my head, are there any other utils that can save me if the priiloader installer doesn't work?

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
if it fails, it shouldn't have made any changes to your wii.

I've never heard of preloader 0.29 JODI failing.

Hypothetically, if the install corrupts your system menu, and u dont have bootmii as boot2, you are bricked... but I've never had this happen to me (EDIT: or heard of this happening to anyone else for that matter), and I've modded a bunch of wii's

Daco

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
jxer said:
xflak40 said:

i realize this

if i install and this fails, like it seems it has for several people, what is my back out option? do i have to do anything with my cios that are modded, alot of this is still over my head, are there any other utils that can save me if the priiloader installer doesn't work?
that you boot HBC and reinstall system menu, then reinstall priiloader
the crash some ppl have wont brick their wii you know (and the can't start system menu means they tried again after the crash, which again , is easy fixable by reinstalling system menu

jxer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need the ios used to installed patched with ES_DIverify & trucha ( in most cases you ran the installer from
Homebrew channel so that should be IOS36)

this is in the install guide, i have no idea where this or, how do i tell if i do. remember i failed preloader .30 will i need the fix for ios 60 for priiloader to work or no?

jxer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dled priiloader v 01 it only has a dol file. i created a folder in apps but its not showing HBC, how exactly do i get this installed?

jxer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
did you rename the dol file to boot.dol

ok it installed comes up to the priiloader menu, how exactly do i move through the menu's?

nvm got it working had to turn on the remote lol

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
just get the hacks from wiibrew for your region

http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Preloader/hacks

just copy the hacks and paste into a txt file and save it as hack.ini on the root of your sd and next time you boot go into pre/priiloader and go to system menu hacks and select what you want and remember to save them

jxer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
with up and down, and A to select, B to move back... r u kidding me? lol

r u sure u installed it already? and u didn't just launch the installer? U have to hold B and press + to install, then restart your wii holding the reset button to access the menu

its fully installed i was having a blonde moment thought it was the same as boot mii where u need to use the power and reset to move around

another question how do i get back to the main menu in preloader after applying settings?

Posts merged

QUOTE(longtom1 @ Dec 4 2009, 05:15 PM) just get the hacks from wiibrew for your region

[url=http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Preloader/hacks]http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Preloader/hacks[/url]

where does it get placed on the sd?

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
download this hacks ini (works on 4.1 and 4.2 wii's of any region). Link from the complete softmod guide, and the hacks.ini itself is from Da_Letter_A

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nnoqm1o0tdm

you must access preloader, and go to the hacks section, and hit save (even if you did not select any hacks), this will save a hacks.ini to your nand and u will not see that error message anymore

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one