Hacking Priiloader not working (PLEASE HELP)

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'll try it, but I just can't find a place to download it. Is it a download?

I still have a couple problems.

1. I don't have a GameCube controller. I'll try to get one, though.

2. I don't know how a wii game would need an update if it's on a disc, but how do I know which ones do?

I have Skyward Sword, and there's some glitch that requires a downloadable channel to fix. Would that do it?

savemiifrii is not a download. All you need is a gamecube controller to try it out.

The update on the wii disc updates your wiis ios files if they need updating. Newer games require newer versions of ios files.

Not sure what games have the 4.3 update on them but they would be first party titles made by nintendo. So i would recommend
trying to find the latest released games by nintendo for the wii.The newer the game the better chance it has 4.3 on it.

EDIT:

It looks like skyward sword does have a 4.3 update on it.

Also the 4.3 system menu update was released on June 21, 2010.
So any major release game from nintendo after that date should technically have the 4.3 update on the disc.It's not 100% guaranteed though but there is a good chance of it.

KTBMedia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
savemiifrii is not a download. All you need is a gamecube controller to try it out.

The update on the wii disc updates your wiis ios files if they need updating. Newer games require newer versions of ios files.

Not sure what games have the 4.3 update on them but they would be first party titles made by nintendo. So i would recommend
trying to find the latest released games by nintendo for the wii.The newer the game the better chance it has 4.3 on it.

EDIT:

It looks like skyward sword does have a 4.3 update on it.

Also the 4.3 system menu update was released on June 21, 2010.
So any major release game from nintendo after that date should technically have the 4.3 update on the disc.It's not 100% guaranteed though but there is a good chance of it.

It's a built in "glitch" type thing in the wii? Sounds cool, but if I need SM IOS to work, I'm not sure if I have it. So if I DON'T, I'd be wasting my money on a new gamecube controller. I hope it works...

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's a built in "glitch" type thing in the wii? Sounds cool, but if I need SM IOS to work, I'm not sure if I have it. So if I DON'T, I'd be wasting my money on a new gamecube controller. I hope it works...

You never did say if you found out for sure if you had bootmii as boot2 on your wii.

If you do have bootmii as boot2 then you don't even need to try the savemiifrii method.

I explained how to get the bootmii files on your sd card in an earlier post in this thread.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If the version of the theme is there then it must serve as a purpose, 4.1, 4.2 and 4.3.
Also installing themes is beyond stupidity unless you know EVERYTHING is working, including bootmii.

EDIT: If you have bootmii installed as boot2 you can still recover it, if not well then you'll have to install a modchip, burn a autoboot disc and use the savemiifrii method.

KTBMedia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, a while ago, I sent a message to Nintendo explaining my wii was bricked, and they said they want me to call them to explain more details. Should I do it? What would they say? Would they get mad for having the HBC?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, a while ago, I sent a message to Nintendo explaining my wii was bricked, and they said they want me to call them to explain more details. Should I do it? What would they say? Would they get mad for having the HBC?

If you mention anything about homebrew they will not fix it. Also if you don't say anything to them and decide to take a chance to send it in and get it fixed they will see that its modified with homebrew and they will send it back to you in the same condition you sent it to them in.

So do you have bootmii as boot2 or not? You seem to be avoiding that question for some reason.

KTBMedia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you mention anything about homebrew they will not fix it. Also if you don't say anything to them and decide to take a chance to send it in and get it fixed they will see that its modified with homebrew and they will send it back to you in the same condition you sent it to them in.

So do you have bootmii as boot2 or not? You seem to be avoiding that question for some reason.

They're expecting a call. What exactly should I say? Why would they not fix it? Should I not call back at all?

Anyway, I'm not sure how to see if I have bootmii/boot2.

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
They're expecting a call. What exactly should I say? Why would they not fix it? Should I not call back at all?

I was successful once in sending in a bricked Wii. I said I just turned it on one day and just a black screen and told them I had tried different av cables and went through all the troubleshooting. That was years ago though when Nintendo wasn't really educated on the HBC and I believe I got lucky but I suppose you could try I think all they do is send it back not repaired.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

They will not fix it because they will see that its been modified.
You might not be able to access the wii because of the theme brick but nintendo will be able to see what you have done to the wii.

I wouldn't even bother calling them back and even if it wasn't modified you would end up paying $75 i believe for an out of warranty repair.
You could get a used wii from craiglist,ebay, gamestop ext... for half that probably.

To check for bootmii as boot2 do the following.

Use modmii and then goto downloads page #2 and build the bootmii sd files.

After you download them transfer them to your sd card and then insert the sd card into the wii when its off. Then turn the wii on.
If you have bootmii as boot2 then bootmii will load. If you don't have bootmii as boot2 then nothing will happen.

Reactions: slingblade1170

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States

Try any other way first and only send it to Nintendo if you are desperate enough if you have to pay for repairs then screw that just go to a pawn shop and get a different one.

KTBMedia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might not be able to access the wii because of the theme brick but nintendo will be able to see what you have done to the wii.

I wouldn't even bother calling them back and even if it wasn't modified you would end up paying $75 i believe for an out of warranty repair.
You could get a used wii from craiglist,ebay, gamestop ext... for half that probably.

After you download them transfer them to your sd card and then insert the sd card into the wii when its off. Then turn the wii on.
If you have bootmii as boot2 then bootmii will load. If you don't have bootmii as boot2 then nothing will happen.

Where can I get ModMii?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not really since all you get is a black screen.

Get a gamecube controller and try savemiifrii or try like i suggested earlier and check to see if you do in fact have bootmii as boot2.

Look for one of my previous posts on how to do that.

Is there a way to see if I do, in fact, have a system menu IOS?

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's an easy way to check for bootmii/boot2.
with no sd card or game in the console, turn it on. if you have bootmii/boot2, the drive light will give two quick flashes.

...if your system menu worked up until you added a theme with mymenuify, then your SM IOS should be intact...unless of course you intentionally deleted it in the same HBC session prior to using mymenuify

KTBMedia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure I don't have bootmii/boot2. I found a thread that has a list of serial numbers as well as whether or not that one is vulnerable, and when I found mine, it was not vulnerable.

As for what Brausm08 said, I didn't even know it was possible to delete a menu altogether, and even if I did, I have no reason to do so if I'm going to replace it anyway. So that means all I need now is a gamecube controller and a tri-wing screwdriver....Correct?

KTBMedia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All right guys, I just bought a GameCube controller!

However, it came from gamestop, and is a gamestop brand. I'm not sure if that would still work though. I'm about to try the method anyway.

KTBMedia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I tried it last night. I took apart the controller, plugged it into the fourth port, held down all four D-pad buttons, turned it on, waited until the version showed up in the corner, and put the game in. But nothing happened. Could someone help?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16