Hacking Priiloader/Neogamma. Can't Sync Remote.

Fathead666

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hacked my Wii awhile back without any problems. A couple days ago my brother in-law wanted his modded so I did his. The problem is that when I connected his Wii to my TV, apparently my remote synced to his Wii.

I've got my Wii configured with Priiloader and have Neogamma installed so that Priiloader boots straight to Neogamma. Of course it will still go to the Priiloader menu if I hold the reset button when powering on, but I can't navigate there either.

I can't get my remote to sync back to my Wii. The instructions on the Nintendo site say to boot into the health screen and sync it there, but as you can see, my Wii won't get to the health screen.

The only way I can see to fix this and get to the health screen or Wii menu to re-sync my remote is to use a Gamecube controller to navigate the menus. The problem is I don't have one and it blows that I would have to spend 15 or 20 bucks on one just to push a stupid button.

Any other ideas or solutions? Thanks in advance.

toejam316

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Gamecube controller is your only option.
I can't believe you only own ONE Wiimote though - surely you have another one you can use which is already sync'd.

It's why I always keep at least one Wiimote sync'd to my console, JUST IN CASE.

guitarloser85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What version of priiloader do you have installed? Daco implemented a fix for this issue in rev 0.3 by waiting 15 seconds after booting into priiloader, and then pushing the reset button to boot into the wii menu.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bosman said:
Fathead666 said:
The problem is that when I connected his Wii to my TV, apparently my remote synced to his Wii.

This is not possible is it.....
It's quite possible; it's happened to me. I modded my second Wii with a remote synced to my first Wii and then I had a hard time getting the remote synced to my first Wii again.
OP: Unplug your Wii for five minutes and then plug it back in and use the red sync buttons

Fathead666

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:

I read that but I'm not sure what to do with the tinyload file. I put the boot.elf from tinyload into every directory on the SD card as well as the root of the card but it doesn't do anything. I've read and re-read those directions and still can't seem to wrap my head around what I need to do exactly.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Fathead666 said:
giantpune said:

I read that but I'm not sure what to do with the tinyload file. I put the boot.elf from tinyload into every directory on the SD card as well as the root of the card but it doesn't do anything. I've read and re-read those directions and still can't seem to wrap my head around what I need to do exactly.
It goes into a folder (name it whatever) inside the apps folder

Fathead666

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tattar8 said:
Fathead666 said:
giantpune said:

It goes into a folder (name it whatever) inside the apps folder

I'm still confused because both priiloader and neogamma are installed to the wii. It makes no difference if the SD card is in the console or not, I can still get to both priiloader and neogamma. I guess my question is how do trick the console into booting the tinyload file on the card and as a result of that the game in the drive so that I can sync the remote?

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
youre still confused because you didnt read and reread teh instructions till you understood them. the tinyload trick will only work for people that have preloader set to autoboot a forwarder dol. since you dont have a forwarder dol, but actuall have neogamma installed on your wii, it will not help you. you fucked up. you were ignorant. you need a gamecube controller. this $10 you have to pay is your fee. and it will help you remember next time.

Fathead666

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
youre still confused because you didnt read and reread teh instructions till you understood them. the tinyload trick will only work for people that have preloader set to autoboot a forwarder dol. since you dont have a forwarder dol, but actuall have neogamma installed on your wii, it will not help you. you fucked up. you were ignorant. you need a gamecube controller. this $10 you have to pay is your fee. and it will help you remember next time.

I do know one thing. I know that you come across as an arrogant prick. Excuse me for asking a couple questions. Some of us have an actual life and don't live on these forums like you apparently do. But with an attitude like that, I doubt anyone in the real world can stand to be around you.

Peace out fuckface.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Fathead666 said:
I do know one thing. I know that you come across as an arrogant prick. Excuse me for asking a couple questions. Some of us have an actual life and don't live on these forums like you apparently do. But with an attitude like that, I doubt anyone in the real world can stand to be around you.

Peace out fuckface.
aha he's lettin you know whats up with a solution to your problem, and you directly insult him?

[sarcasm]you're just mad because you gotta buy a gamecube controller now![/sarcasm]

Bumpman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
You could be a tad bit nicer about that...

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sure, it can be said many ways. but the fact remains. no matter how nice somebody sugar coats it and holds his hand and spoonfeeds it to him, his wii is as good as bricked without a gamecube compatible controller. i provided that information back in 2009. if somebody is going to be messing with this stuff, they should be willing to suffer the consequences if they break their wii.

if they dont read information which is available to them, they shouldnt expect people to feel sympathetic when they tear something up. i put forth a good-faith effort to make that information available. he didnt read it before he broke his wii, so he gets stuck with a $10 lesson. he didnt use the search button, so i was a bit pissed, but i showed him where the information was. he halfass read it and didnt take the time to understand it and wants people to hold his hand and walk him through it step by step. so i treat him like an idiot.

Daco

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
dumpety

OP is a faggot cause he fails so hard he should choke on [ place something very gore here]

ANYWAY, i have never EVER EVER seen a wiimote "just sync to another wii when plugging it into another tv"

second, there is this nice fix for that in 0.3b (that apparently is backfiring for some ppl) and you are so stupid to have missed that, AWESOME

third, same as what pune said above me. go get a gc controller or use the wii to build a house

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Fathead666 said:
I do know one thing. I know that you come across as an arrogant prick. Excuse me for asking a couple questions. Some of us have an actual life...
Yes. And apparently, yours involves fussing over 15-20 bucks for a gamecube controller and complaining about people's attitudes*.
evil.gif

Yes, you've made a mistake. No, it isn't fun having to deal with it. But that's wii hacking for you: things can go wrong. And if they do, there's only one person to blame (and no, it isn't "nintendo").

If I were you, I'd be glad. Carelessness bricks more wii's than faulty homebrew.

*besides...don't act like you can't make your brother-in-law chip in on this huge expense.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think