Priiloader and NeoGamma question

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by nasty_spike, Feb 4, 2010.

Feb 4, 2010
  1. nasty_spike
    OP

Newcomer nasty_spike Member

United States
    Well, i finally was able to hack my "no vulnerable IOS" wii. then i used hackmii to install homebrew and the other two things. i installed Priiloader but i could not get it to read my hacks.ini file. also, when i'm in homebrew channel menu, i don't have the option to launch bootmii like other videos i've seen on youtube. then i tried to install NeoGammaR7 through Wad Manager v1.4 using IOS36. NeoGamma installed but when i start it, it just gives me a blank screen. long story short, i need help with:

1)get priiloader hacks to work (or is there another app i can use besides priilloader?)
    2)Where is my "launch bootmii" option?
    3) how do you get Wad manager in the homebrew channel?
    4) did i install NeoGamma incorrectly?

one thing to note, i have a 4.2U

Thanks in advance.

2. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    1) u can also use startpatch, but priiloader works too, u just have to have the right hacks.ini saved to the root of your sd card
    2) it would be in the priiloader menu, it sounds like u installed the older preloader (notice the spelling). To get the right hacks.ini (from Q1) and update priiloader to its latest rev, see my Priiloader Shortcut page here
    3)download wad manager from here, make sure that you save the files on your sd card in the following manner (SD:/apps/anyname/boot.dol). If the dol file isn't named boot.dol, u must rename it, then it will appear in the HBC (this applied to all apps)
    4) u also need to install cios249 for neogamma to work. check out the guide here

u also may want to check out my neogamma autoboot mod channel (see my signature), its a mod of the most recent neogamma (r8 RC1) so that games boot automatically when the channel is started (u can still access the menu by pressing any button during game loading)

also, did u know u can play games off of an external hard drive? barely any1 plays games off of disk anymore... look into configurable usb loader (or usb loader gx) if this interests u

also, it sounds like u didn't do much searching... that's rule #1 my friend, search before asking for help

good luck

EDIT: correction to #2, u were asking y its not showing up in the homebrew channel menu (i thought u were asking about priiloader). You need to install it as IOS for it to show up there. Installing it as boot2 is better, but u may as well do both if u can.

3. nasty_spike
    OP

United States
    Thanks kflax40. i must say, you've been great help. does the site take donations?

4. Eon-Rider

Member Eon-Rider GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    1. Are you using the correct hacks for your region? Is the file on the root of your SD card?
    2. You need to install it as an IOS for it to appear. If you did, I don't know what's wrong.
    3. Put it in like any other homebrew. If you don't know how to do this then you really need to search. This is basic knowledge for Wii homebrew.
    4. You may have downloaded a forwarder for NeoGamma. You should be using NeoGamma R8 RC1 (or whatever the latest is) in any case.

EDIT: Crap, I'm slow. =\

5. nasty_spike
    OP

United States
    hey Kflax40, thanks [​IMG]