Hacking Priiloader 0.9 Released!

DacoTaco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
tl;dr :

Latest Priiloader (Stable - 0.9.1) is online and can be downloaded through Priiloader's 'Check for updates' menu.
you can also download it & the updated hacks file containing the new hacks @ https://github.com/DacoTaco/priiloader/releases/tag/0.9.1
Latest Priiloader ( Beta 0.10-2 ) has also been compîled and can be found on github & the update menu : https://github.com/DacoTaco/priiloader/releases/tag/0.10.0-beta2

Hey Guys, Galls and everything in between. It's been a while, i know. but no worries, im here to present you the beta of the new priiloader version, 0.10 ! as always with beta's & pre-releases , please be careful when installing this release and make sure you have bootmii@boot2!

Let's start with the changelog :
Code:
# v0.10 : Version Kappa
### New Features
* Add ability to load Wii and gamecube discs
  * this ignores region of the discs
  * this also does not apply any hacks
* Add setting to prioritize USB access over SD
* Priiloader can now drown your plants
* Added Support for System Menu 1.0
* Show Priiloader after installation
  * Priiloader will launch when booting System Menu 
* Added new hacks
  * Block disc autoboot
  * Remove Deflicker
* Refactor device access
  * Priiloader no longer waits for the usb drive to respond when mounting

### Fixes & Improvements
* Fix launching channels from another region
   * this only applies to channels launched by priiloader
* Refactor the region free hacks on SM < 4.3
* Fix Online updates after my host broke it (again)
* Correctly check for the gamecube shutdown flag
* Fix clearing bss section with .elf files
* Fix typo in installer
* Fix launching SM on IOS < 28
* Fix dvd active check
* Refactor meta.xml parsing
* Refactor versioning in priiloader

It's a small changelog, but 0.10 comes with a few nice new features.
First Feature: loading discs.
Priiloader now has a menu option called 'Launch Disc'. this menu will load the disc inserted into the wii. This launch menu is region free and will load any game from any region, both in GC & Wii mode. It will also apply Video mode fixes which should make it possible to load more games than System menu itself!
However, this menu can not, and will never, load burned discs out of the box.
Other than that, if a game does not load don't hesitate to report it to me.

Next up : prioritize usb over sd.
Priiloader up until today was able to access both the USB as SD as a means to load things like the hacks or homebrew. however, it always chose SD over USB if it was available, even if it contained nothing for it to use. this is now changed.
The Settings menu now has an option to select the priority of fat device. by default this is set to Auto, which is the old behavior ( SD has priority over USB ). however, there is also an USB option, which makes priiloader load things from the USB drive before checking the SD card. which can be helpful for setups in which the SD is not the primary device the user is using to store things like homebrew and the hacks file. Together with this change however, was a full device mounting rework, and slow responding USB devices might now work better, or still show slowdown when priiloader is booting something, or shutting down. BUT at least the menu will no longer hang because of all cpu cycles going towards the usb mounting code.

next up we have some fixes, which most can be ignored by 90% of you. The most obvious fix might be that when launching a channel, priiloader will now correctly setup the system so that all virtual consoles and channels from other regions are launched correctly.

And thats about it folks.
Enjoy and keep me posted if any problems come up!
DacoTaco, OUT!

Last edited by DacoTaco,

DacoTaco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
if requested,i will upload a dol to github.
Thanks for continuing developing this tool!
I would request this please :), also for offline installation / archive purposes.
Ditto. Thanks Daco!
ill be honest, i have mixed feelings about this. these binaries are not meant for redistributing and im heavily against it too, you know that. (but i have no trouble with archiving! i save a lot of shit myself lol)

iirc modmii redistributes modded versions of priiloader too...

Last edited by DacoTaco,

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
ModMii uses a version of priiloader with a modded installer to force it to run under IOS236. Does the official installer have a 236 option? Or is the ahbprot installer pretty much 100% safe from the network init hbc bug when using ahbprot? I know there was a risk once upon a time and work around established to avoid ahbprot crashes 99% of the time but this is as all I remember on the subject (and when I researched it recently I never found evidence that it was fully resolved) so I just kept the 236 installer mod to be safe.

If newer official installers are just as safe I have no problem switching to your official fork, in fact all else being equal I would make the switch just because it's your preference and you're the dev in charge so why wouldn't I follow your lead. Just bear in mind it may be awhile until I get around to a modmii update because I'm extremely busy IRL and it's just not a priority at the moment.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Thank you for your Work and your Update.:bow:

I am looking forward to the Update.

Unfortunately the Priiloader v0.8.3(beta v1) says:

P1360127.JPG P1360128.JPG P1360130.JPG P1360131.JPG

Thank you.:)

Reactions: jeannotte

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neat! Haven't fired up my Wii in years. Strangely enough, it's been almost as long since I've fired up my WiiU.

So, for those who started rolling your own since installing tools with pacman/dkp-pacman made things so much easier, here's what's needed.

1) (dkp-)pacman -S devkitPPC libogc libfat-ogc gamecube-tools
2) You need to dump your NAND (or otherwise access it) and take sys/cert.sys, copy it to priiloader/data, and rename it to certs.bin

@DacoTaco, thanks for the update, and whoa... there are a lot of warnings when I build this. Stuff like:

Code:
/home/urherenow/projects/priiloader/Installer/source/main.cpp:647:22: warning: format '%lx' expects argument of type 'long unsigned int', but argument 4 has type 'u32' {aka 'unsigned int'} [-Wformat=]
/home/urherenow/projects/priiloader/Installer/source/main.cpp:656:22: warning: format '%lx' expects argument of type 'long unsigned int', but argument 3 has type 'u32' {aka 'unsigned int'} [-Wformat=]
   sprintf(file_path, "/title/%08lx/%08lx/data/hacks_s.ini",(u32)(title_id >> 32),(u32) (title_id & 0xFFFFFFFF));
                      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/urherenow/projects/priiloader/Installer/source/main.cpp:656:22: warning: format '%lx' expects argument of type 'long unsigned int', but argument 4 has type 'u32' {aka 'unsigned int'} [-Wformat=]
/home/urherenow/projects/priiloader/Installer/source/main.cpp:662:22: warning: format '%lx' expects argument of type 'long unsigned int', but argument 3 has type 'u32' {aka 'unsigned int'} [-Wformat=]
   sprintf(file_path, "/title/%08lx/%08lx/data/hacks.ini",(u32)(title_id >> 32),(u32) (title_id & 0xFFFFFFFF));
                      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/urherenow/projects/priiloader/Installer/source/main.cpp:662:22: warning: format '%lx' expects argument of type 'long unsigned int', but argument 4 has type 'u32' {aka 'unsigned int'} [-Wformat=]
/home/urherenow/projects/priiloader/Installer/source/main.cpp:668:22: warning: format '%lx' expects argument of type 'long unsigned int', but argument 3 has type 'u32' {aka 'unsigned int'} [-Wformat=]
   sprintf(file_path, "/title/%08lx/%08lx/data/hacksh_s.ini",(u32)(title_id >> 32),(u32) (title_id & 0xFFFFFFFF));
                      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/urherenow/projects/priiloader/Installer/source/main.cpp:668:22: warning: format '%lx' expects argument of type 'long unsigned int', but argument 4 has type 'u32' {aka 'unsigned int'} [-Wformat=]
/home/urherenow/projects/priiloader/Installer/source/main.cpp:674:22: warning: format '%lx' expects argument of type 'long unsigned int', but argument 3 has type 'u32' {aka 'unsigned int'} [-Wformat=]
   sprintf(file_path, "/title/%08lx/%08lx/data/hackshas.ini",(u32)(title_id >> 32),(u32) (title_id & 0xFFFFFFFF));

Last edited by urherenow, , Reason: confirmed requirement for libfat-ogc
Reactions: TheTechRobo

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please upload v9b1 dol. Thanks in advance.
since building it requires the certs.bin from a Wii, I don't think it's legal to upload here. Even if that particular cert file doesn't contain proprietary information, I believe DacoTaco stated that he doesn't like it shared in a bunch of places. If you read my post above, and read through the link in my sig, it really is easier than ever to roll your own...

Reactions: grimson

DacoTaco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
first off all, i uploaded a zip that has the dol in it on github [click me], if you can't download it through priiloader, use that one instead

is anyone else having issues of it not showing up in the updates page?

ModMii uses a version of priiloader with a modded installer to force it to run under IOS236. Does the official installer have a 236 option? Or is the ahbprot installer pretty much 100% safe from the network init hbc bug when using ahbprot? I know there was a risk once upon a time and work around established to avoid ahbprot crashes 99% of the time but this is as all I remember on the subject (and when I researched it recently I never found evidence that it was fully resolved) so I just kept the 236 installer mod to be safe.

If newer official installers are just as safe I have no problem switching to your official fork, in fact all else being equal I would make the switch just because it's your preference and you're the dev in charge so why wouldn't I follow your lead. Just bear in mind it may be awhile until I get around to a modmii update because I'm extremely busy IRL and it's just not a priority at the moment.
oh boy.
first off all, please don't mention the ahbprot bug ever again to me. that shit has been following me, biting me in the arse ever since it happened. it caused people to use dodgy mods & their own installers and i never got them to stop.
0.5 had the bug, 0.6 reloads IOS on startup and keeps ahbprot disabled (aka patches IOS live), killing the bug. 0.7 improved on that design and killed the last bits of the bug. so its been 9 years since that bug was killed.
yes its safe, and if you don't trust it, go look at the code on github. don't like it? make a Pull Request making it better so we can all just use the installer with ahbprot disabled...
(also, imo , a 236 mod is stupid. 249 is an always modded IOS. why the f*** do you need -another- cios... )

Neat! Haven't fired up my Wii in years. Strangely enough, it's been almost as long since I've fired up my WiiU.

So, for those who started rolling your own since installing tools with pacman/dkp-pacman made things so much easier, here's what's needed.

1) (dkp-)pacman -S devkitPPC libogc gamecube-tools
2) You need to dump your NAND (or otherwise access it) and take sys/cert.sys, copy it to priiloader/data, and rename it to certs.bin

I personally also installed libfat-ogc... can't say for sure if that was actually needed.

@DacoTaco, thanks for the update, and whoa... there are a lot of warnings when I build this. Stuff like:

Code:
/home/urherenow/projects/priiloader/Installer/source/main.cpp:647:22: warning: format '%lx' expects argument of type 'long unsigned int', but argument 4 has type 'u32' {aka 'unsigned int'} [-Wformat=]
/home/urherenow/projects/priiloader/Installer/source/main.cpp:656:22: warning: format '%lx' expects argument of type 'long unsigned int', but argument 3 has type 'u32' {aka 'unsigned int'} [-Wformat=]
   sprintf(file_path, "/title/%08lx/%08lx/data/hacks_s.ini",(u32)(title_id >> 32),(u32) (title_id & 0xFFFFFFFF));
                      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/urherenow/projects/priiloader/Installer/source/main.cpp:656:22: warning: format '%lx' expects argument of type 'long unsigned int', but argument 4 has type 'u32' {aka 'unsigned int'} [-Wformat=]
/home/urherenow/projects/priiloader/Installer/source/main.cpp:662:22: warning: format '%lx' expects argument of type 'long unsigned int', but argument 3 has type 'u32' {aka 'unsigned int'} [-Wformat=]
   sprintf(file_path, "/title/%08lx/%08lx/data/hacks.ini",(u32)(title_id >> 32),(u32) (title_id & 0xFFFFFFFF));
                      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/urherenow/projects/priiloader/Installer/source/main.cpp:662:22: warning: format '%lx' expects argument of type 'long unsigned int', but argument 4 has type 'u32' {aka 'unsigned int'} [-Wformat=]
/home/urherenow/projects/priiloader/Installer/source/main.cpp:668:22: warning: format '%lx' expects argument of type 'long unsigned int', but argument 3 has type 'u32' {aka 'unsigned int'} [-Wformat=]
   sprintf(file_path, "/title/%08lx/%08lx/data/hacksh_s.ini",(u32)(title_id >> 32),(u32) (title_id & 0xFFFFFFFF));
/home/urherenow/projects/priiloader/Installer/source/main.cpp:668:22: warning: format '%lx' expects argument of type 'long unsigned int', but argument 4 has type 'u32' {aka 'unsigned int'} [-Wformat=]
/home/urherenow/projects/priiloader/Installer/source/main.cpp:674:22: warning: format '%lx' expects argument of type 'long unsigned int', but argument 3 has type 'u32' {aka 'unsigned int'} [-Wformat=]
   sprintf(file_path, "/title/%08lx/%08lx/data/hackshas.ini",(u32)(title_id >> 32),(u32) (title_id & 0xFFFFFFFF));
ye, i noticed the warnings in my CI build as well. it looks to be a linux thing, because on my windows machine it doesn't give those warnings...
been thinking of reinstalling libogc/devkitppc. maybe im having some issues i don't know about

also yes, libfat is needed. look in the makefile in the priiloader folder to see what libraries priiloader needs

Last edited by DacoTaco,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
first off all, i uploaded a zip that has the dol in it on github [click me], if you can't download it through priiloader, use that one instead

Thank you for the Priiloader Update dol.:)

The Navigation with the Wi Buttons and
the new "We can load -any- dol or elf now" Feature works great by the Way.
(Makes it now easier to help Users IF they have installed Priiloader.:P)

I am pretty sure many Users will be very,very grateful for this Update.

Thank you for your Time and your Work.:)

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@DacoTaco, thanks for your explanation. I won't ask about the old/resolved ahbprot issue again. When 0.9 beta becomes an official/stable release I will make an effort to update ModMii accordingly in-line with your wishes - unless you feel this beta release is final in which case please let me know and I will just use this version.

I hope you know we're on the same side! Maybe I'm just misreading your messages directed to me but it seems like I upset you either now or in the past and I hope we can put the past behind us. Cheers and thanks again.

DacoTaco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thank you for the Priiloader Update dol.:)

The Navigation with the Wi Buttons and
the new "We can load -any- dol or elf now" Feature works great by the Way.
(Makes it now easier to help Users IF they have installed Priiloader.:P)

I am pretty sure many Users will be very,very grateful for this Update.

Thank you for your Time and your Work.:)
just wondering, how will that feature make it easier?
i mean, i made it so priiloader was no longer a factor when developing stuff but thats about it :)
im glad to see many are happy to see the update!

@DacoTaco, thanks for your explanation. I won't ask about the old/resolved ahbprot issue again.
no problem. you can ask/comment about it,but it's just that that shit has been shoved in my face way to many times (both here, and on IRC).
BUT ANYWAY...

but it seems like I upset you either now or in the past
this sh*thole of a community in general has ;)
and sure, i have grown up as a person, but i don't forget easily.

The plan was for a final 0.9 to be released as soon as the Wiimmfi patch hack for Priiloader is complete and tested.
basically this. the beta was released to put the code we have now out there and if everything is OK, everything will be released as a full version update.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
just wondering, how will that feature make it easier?
i mean, i made it so priiloader was no longer a factor when developing stuff but thats about it :)

Thank you.:)

We had many "Threads" with Users they could not longer access the System Menu or the Homebrew Channel
(we don't even need to talk about a BootMi installed as boot2...)
only Priiloader installed BUT no synced or no Wii Motion Controller and/or no GameCube Ports.:)

Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended