• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Pride Month begins tomorrow. Considering Target and Bud Light, how do you think the nation will respond this year?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Wait, how did that happen? did the run out of a room when you walked in?
A good chunk of the trans community is extremely anti-masc and anti-femboy. The notion of a masc femboy is often met with a lot of hostility, including ridicule for wanting to be gender nonconforming while being trans. Equally being told that my identity is “problematic.” That’s not even a small fraction of the tribalism in the trans community. Out of the trans community I’ve also experienced biphobia and homophobia from gays and lesbians. I am also regularly experiencing transphobia and even harassed by LGB people for being trans. Being part of the lgbt doesn’t shield from having shitty beliefs.

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A good chunk of the trans community is extremely anti-masc and anti-femboy. The notion of a masc femboy is often met with a lot of hostility, including ridicule for wanting to be gender nonconforming while being trans. Equally being told that my identity is “problematic.” That’s not even a small fraction of the tribalism in the trans community. Out of the trans community I’ve also experienced biphobia and homophobia from gays and lesbians. I am also regularly experiencing transphobia and even harassed by LGB people for being trans. Being part of the lgbt doesn’t shield from having shitty beliefs.

well which is it, arethey afraid of you or against your belief system?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Equally being told that my identity is “problematic.”
(random-ish phrase selected from your post)

That's why I kinda agree with the claim (probably not the intent) of whoever said, 2 pages ago, something like "all the retarded letters" - they don't seem to work, at least for me: they're (at best) post facto categories, can't predict who will win your attentions and I don't consider it smart or useful to restrict yourself on their basis!

There are 10 kinds of people: binary ones, non binary ones, and that obviously leaves 8 intermediate levels...

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That's why I kinda agree with the claim (probably not the intent) of whoever said, 2 pages ago, something like "all the retarded letters" - they don't seem to work, at least for me: they're (at best) post facto categories, can't predict who will win your attentions and I don't consider it smart or useful to restrict yourself on their basis!

There are 10 kinds of people: binary ones, non binary ones, and that obviously leaves 8 intermediate levels...

they dont work for anyone, that why everyone denies the near 50% stat you cant mention without people threatening you. The reason it doesnt work its because its all about people trying to create artificial value in themselves by labeling themselves with a label they think will be useful to them, it doesnt work, and has literally only become a negative thing.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

The problematic part of my identity is that I am not a trans girl or not their ideal image of what they expect a masc individual to be. Coupled with my stances on trans issues, such as not giving a free pass to queer people to be terrible. Basically, I am “problematic” because many trans people expect very different things from me as a fellow non-cis person and they get the big mad when I am not up for playing their games
So yeah, I actually don’t consider myself part of the lgbt+ community or trans community as I do disagree with identity expectations in those communities

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problematic part of my identity is that I am not a trans girl or not their ideal image of what they expect a masc individual to be. Coupled with my stances on trans issues, such as not giving a free pass to queer people to be terrible. Basically, I am “problematic” because many trans people expect very different things from me as a fellow non-cis person and they get the big mad when I am not up for playing their games
So yeah, I actually don’t consider myself part of the lgbt+ community or trans community as I do disagree with identity expectations in those communities

then why bother with it?

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
then why bother with it?
My issues with the internal politics and social issues don’t effect my stance that lgbt+ people shouldn’t have their rights fucked with. LGBT+ people are the same as everyone else and should be treated as such. Any individual problem should be handled on an individual basis. I can separate my individual experiences from my personal stance on issues.

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
On Friday this Canadian MP claimed to be the victim of an assault at a rally for defending LGBT rights etc. Turns out he’s another Jussie Smollett and it was all a lie. So persecuted you need to make up your own hate crimes.

Attachments

• 3C722C8A-0161-4B92-990F-A77B572EC8E7.jpeg
    3C722C8A-0161-4B92-990F-A77B572EC8E7.jpeg
    844.2 KB · Views: 18
Trophies
XP
On Friday this Canadian MP claimed to be the victim of an assault at a rally for defending LGBT rights etc. Turns out he’s another Jussie Smollett and it was all a lie. So persecuted you need to make up your own hate crimes.

Just because the dude you cited is an idiot, doesn't mean all of us are the same way. Making up assault is just plain stupid in any regard, why does the fact that it's related to LGBT aspects make it any worse?

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Is there a point that you are trying to make? Individuals should be held accountable for their own actions

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lockheed Martin not changing their icon to pride, and not tweeting any pride related stuff makes me sad. Them posting pride stuff is my highlight of pride month, because the responses are funny. Oh well, there is always Bethesda and Bethesda Middle East doing the same old.

Reactions: Xzi

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My issues with the internal politics and social issues don’t effect my stance that lgbt+ people shouldn’t have their rights fucked with. LGBT+ people are the same as everyone else and should be treated as such. Any individual problem should be handled on an individual basis. I can separate my individual experiences from my personal stance on issues.

i agree they shouldnt and they arent, so it seems like problem solved to me.
Post automatically merged:

Quite easily. You can hate your own community. Look at all the gay gender critical people. And you can be bigoted towards an idea the same way you can be bigoted towards religion.

ahh the religious one ive heard is quite relevant these days.

EthanB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

You're blind if you don't think LGBTQ+ rights are being fucked with. First they discredit us by saying we're predators, etc and then they start repealing.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Considering the amount of anti-lgbt+ laws (mostly focused on trans women and gay marriage,) being pushed, it’s safe to say that they are being fucked with. You can agree but there’s still the issue of government actively interfering with the rights of lgbt+ people

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering the amount of anti-lgbt+ laws (mostly focused on trans women and gay marriage,) being pushed, it’s safe to say that they are being fucked with. You can agree but there’s still the issue of government actively interfering with the rights of lgbt+ people

didnt gay marriage just become law recently and like 12 of those "evil" republicans joined the cause?

Reactions: WalterSlovotsky

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wayne Wheeler is shocked that all he needed was some men in dresses to get Americans to stop drinking certain alcohol brands.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only place would be instagram.