Hacking Price comparison for G6L and SCL

Melchizedek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
All prices are USD, as of July 27. These prices include preorders, shipping and taxes (Divineo). I only checked for the English version of the G6L. The price in parenthesis is when a 40$ 1GB Sandisk MicroSD card is added (bought from eBay.ca).

Bamboo Gaming: SCL + SuperKey = 84.90 (124.90)

Divineo (Canada): SCL + SuperKey = 107.27 (147.27)
G6L + PassCard = 137.00

RealHotStuff: SCL + SuperKey + 1GB MicroSD = 125.10
G6L + PassCard = 113.69

Ulavshop: SCL + PassCard = 94.29 (134.29)

Hopebuy: G6L (Chinese?) + SuperKey = 114.90

Shop.01media : Way too expensive

So it seems that for a Canadian, RealHotStuff is the winner for now.

Hope this can be useful for some!

blah11

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
yeah I think I will buy from realhotstuff too. i just hope they can mark it as a low value item so i don't get dinged at customs.

btw where is this $40 micro sd card you speak of on ebay.ca? I notice a LOT of the sellers charge prepostrous shipping fees... and the one that's near $40 has a "hidden" extra couple bucks in the required insurance.

Anyway I am torn between SC lite and g6 lite but I am swayed by the review of the g6 lite here about how it's much faster loading. So as a casual gamer, I think I'll go for a 1-2 punch and have everything ready to go when I get my g6 lite bundle.

***edit: of course, after reading the post about the broken g6 lite and corruption problems, I am confuzzled again.

Melchizedek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You're right, most sellers will sell the MicroSD for 40-45$ USD (everything included), sometimes with a bonus. Still, I'm pretty sure it's the cheapest place to buy one.

And if the English G6L is the same price as the Chinese one, yes PSXbox is the cheapest: 107.50 USD for a G6L + PassCard.

blah11

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ugh. I just contacted a guy selling a 1gb micro sd for around $40-45 shipped on ebay (a-depot) and he wrote:

"Hi,sir!Welcome!Shipping cost to Canada is $12.45 for Standard Int'l Flat Rate Shipping,and I'm sorry that we couldn't mark the item as a low value gift!Thanks!Hope you have a good time!:)"

So I don't think I will buy from them now, us Canadians will be majorly dinged at customs.

blah11

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I've bought from realhot twice, both times large orders. He marks them as low value and I've never been dinged.

That's good to hear. I will definitely buy from realhot.

(although for clarification purposes, before I edited it, I was referring to a 1gb micro sd card in case I get supercard lite... the only iffy thing about getting SC lite is having to buy the micro sd card too and those aren't necessarily cheap for Canadians).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y