Homebrew [Preview] Z26 3DS - Atari 2600 Emulator

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm sorry but I cant work at any project now. Maybe in a couple of week I could find some free time to finish the sound part.

Today after dinner I tuned some of the code, and now with a frameskip between 3 and 5 almost every PAL game can run near 50 FPS on o3ds.

I eliminated the previously introduced rendering hack (I don't need it anymore). FPS limiter doesn't work very well with frameskip but it's usable.

Warning: With an odd frameskip some sprite could disapper, and with frameskip pitfall has some problems.

EDIT: updated code is on my github

Last edited by nop90,

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No because it isn't a full working emulator.

I can't get sound working (don't know why, maybe I broke sound in the original emulator code) and it's very slow on O3DS.

To make a CIA I should modify the code to adapt it to the latest ctrulib and I don't have time. Maybe in Spring when I start yo have less work load.

But if you want you cando it yourself using the code on my github.

Reactions: Naked_Snake

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Love this emu clusters revenge is pretty awesome on N3ds goes extremely fast the higher you're rap....Score haven't tested a lot of games though because I have over 3000 Atari Roms from
What I have tested though they all work fine , good job and I hope
You're work load isn't to heavy

P

PaiiNSteven

The interface looks awesome. I'll probably use this, 'cause I have a 2600 myself!

EpicMario50

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
When I hit the select game option, it freezes. Could it be that I just downloaded a rompack of every Atari 2600 game? Do I have to wait 528945721409 years for it to load?

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No sorry. Too many projects open and to much work to make this run full speed on o3ds.

And for a strange reason the is no sound output from the emulator core. Probably I broke something.

I should start from scrarch to make it work properly (at least on n3ds)

Maybe when I'll finish the two zelda game missing, I could return on this project. I'll think about it during the Xmas holidays

NuikopeaDemon

Hello Darkness
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
No sorry. Too many projects open and to much work to make this run full speed on o3ds.

And for a strange reason the is no sound output from the emulator core. Probably I broke something.

I should start from scrarch to make it work properly (at least on n3ds)

Maybe when I'll finish the two zelda game missing, I could return on this project. I'll think about it during the Xmas holidays

that's all good man I mean I have an N3DS so don't worry Bout O3DS lol and take your time bro I noticed you been working a lot lately on other stuff so no worries

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Z26 has some problems I can't solve. I would like to port another 2600 emulator but now I don't have time, I have other projects ongoing.

Probably this summer.

Reactions: SaffronXL

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte