Hacking Preloader v0.30 Installer / Removal Tool

jaydoc05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On my 3.2u preloader 0.30 rev 4 causes my eject button to not only eject but also shuts down my wii requiring a hard reset.

So I reverted to rev 3. Works for mii. I still hope the bootmii redundancy cycle can be fixed when preloader is set to autoboot bootmii ios

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Daco said:
xflak40 said:
EDIT: I FOUND WORK AROUND TO THE GXFORWARDER AUTOBOOT PROBLEM, copy the boot.dol file from the the following folder SD:\apps\usbloader_gx\ to the root of your SD card (rename it if you want, I never use spaces but it should work with them if u want 2 try)
what the
what dol were you guys taking otherwise?
your "work around" sounds more like how it should be done :wtf:;

Using the "work around" causes GX to not display any cover art, not to mention uses 3+ MB instead of under 1. Why should there even have to be a semi-working work around when the official forwarder works perfectly with preloader .29?

Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for share
grog.gif

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jaydoc05 said:
On my 3.2u preloader 0.30 rev 4 causes my eject button to not only eject but also shuts down my wii requiring a hard reset.

So I reverted to rev 3. Works for mii. I still hope the bootmii redundancy cycle can be fixed when preloader is set to autoboot bootmii ios

Give me a break already. why the he** would you want to autoboot bootmii? There's no reason at all. It doesn't give you any more brick protection. It doesn't give you ANYTHING. If you want to use bootmii and I can't see that as being every time you turn your wii on... just load the homebrew channel, press the home button, and load bootmii that way
wacko.gif

jaydoc05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
urherenow said:
Give me a break already. why the he** would you want to autoboot bootmii? There's no reason at all. It doesn't give you any more brick protection. It doesn't give you ANYTHING. If you want to use bootmii and I can't see that as being every time you turn your wii on... just load the homebrew channel, press the home button, and load bootmii that way
wacko.gif

okay fine. I will quit asking. But, it is interesting that revision 4 leads to my eject button inactivating my wii requiring a power cycle.

Anyone else with that issue?

DaFees

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Everyone,

I finally upgraded my Wii to 4.2u, HBC to 1.0.6, and preloader to .30

Two things:

1. I was not expecting the white background of preloader,
blink.gif
(not a problem though)
2. No matter what I do I cannot get CFG USBLoader to work using an installed file (I'm using the latest forwarder found in the loader's thread). I get a code dump every time:

81047870: 913F004B 915F004C 3C608111 93BF0050
81047880: 3863C298 913F0038 389F0010 315F003C
81047890: 913F0040 915F0044 4BFF97C1 817F0008

If someone could help me fix this small issue then that would be great and there by maker this preloader the best ever.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully the next version will fix the GX and CFG forwarder issues. It certainly isn't a
problem with the dols as they worked 100% in .29.

This makes it .30s fault... something in the code changed to make them not work anymore.

justmike

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Would anyone recommend updating preloader 0.29 from its menu? When I do this, I get a -105 error when it downlaods the something net after it downloads the changelog?

Also, any problems with 0.30?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as far as I can tell, the network update never did work. It would only download and display something like a whatsnew text and that was it.

in a nutshell... no.

mgrimmenator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
trottolo said:
already asked but it will be solved in the future.....this is a minor issue!

I think I know what the problem is and it really does need to be fixed. Question is your app folder that your forwarder points to located on your usb drive? If it is then this is what is causing the forwarders you install with preloader to fail. I am having the same issue. If I install the actual .dol file into preloader instead of say the new N-forwarder for usbloadercfg then all works well. The problem is that preloader no longer recognizes the usbdrive as a source for files. It only uses the sd card. I noticed this when trying to install a file to autoboot from and it would only pick up the sd card as a resource to get a file from. Preloader .29 worked and hopefully this functionality can be added back. Just so everyone knows I am not knocking the coders in any way. They are doing a great job and probably just missed something.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mgrimmenator said:
trottolo said:
already asked but it will be solved in the future.....this is a minor issue!

I think I know what the problem is and it really does need to be fixed. Question is your app folder that your forwarder points to located on your usb drive? If it is then this is what is causing the forwarders you install with preloader to fail. I am having the same issue. If I install the actual .dol file into preloader instead of say the new N-forwarder for usbloadercfg then all works well. The problem is that preloader no longer recognizes the usbdrive as a source for files. It only uses the sd card. I noticed this when trying to install a file to autoboot from and it would only pick up the sd card as a resource to get a file from. Preloader .29 worked and hopefully this functionality can be added back. Just so everyone knows I am not knocking the coders in any way. They are doing a great job and probably just missed something.

My app folder is on my SD card and it doesn't work, so that's not the problem. Although it may be for others, I believe the majority of users having autoboot issues with forwarders have them on their sd card.

warlock666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wii 4.2E preloader 0.29

How do i install preloaderv0.30r4-phpgeek.dol

do i just use preloader 0.29 to install file or rename file to boot.dll and place in apps and WAD Manager?

also when i tryed to remove preloader using systemmenu.wad wii would not boot run preloader and it said boot,dol not found could not install systemmenu.wad file hd backup of NANDS to reinstall dont wont to go through that again

will i still need to install iso70patched after upgrading prelaoder?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.