Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
G0dLiKe said:
pepxl said:
G0dLiKe said:
Is it just me that has ECC failures when backing up his Nand since IInstallation of preloader 0.30?

Didnt have this error before... Just wondering.

im doin a NAND backup now using IOS so ill let you no

P.S Rev4 fixed my SDHC support prob now i dont need to swap SD's about

OK, I´m restoring to pre- preloader Nand, then backing up again too see if it is there... I´m pretty sure that it has something to do with what preloader writes to the Nand. I didnt install anything else than preloader so what should it be...?

Ok,so it seems that preloader is the "problem" restored to my "just before installing preloader Nand backup" arranged my channels another way that I actual could backup my Nand... and the ECC failures are gone. Phpgeek?

transam81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yay! oh Thank you, Thank you, Thank you guys sooooooooo much. Rev4 works! it works, it works, it works! i'm using my 4GB SDHC again. uh as you can probably tell by now this means alot to me. shouts out to crediar, daco, phpgeek much love and respect! Every1 who tested and those who gave constructive feed back, thank you. if i left any1 out i'm sorry.

phpgeek i read your recent post, i just want to say daco and your your efforts are greatly appreciated by the gbatemp and Wii community. keep your head up don't let these haters get you guys down.

You're all amazing for getting preloader this far.

foozyx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hi,
why the update preloader and the hack.ini don't work with USB, SMB or WIFI ....
cool.gif

thank
yay.gif

phpgeek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
G0dLiKe said:
Ok,so it seems that preloader is the "problem" restored to my "just before installing preloader Nand backup" arranged my channels another way that I actual could backup my Nand... and the ECC failures are gone. Phpgeek?

This would have nothing to do with preloader or the installation process. EEC failures are becoming a common occurence, especially on 4.x for some reason? Are you being prevented from actually backing up or are you referring to the log entries?

muzz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I purchased a broken discdrive 3.4 system and installed bootmii first thing. There was no evidence of softmodding on the system and it got ECC errors in the log and all I did was perform a boot2 bootmii install to keep it as pristine as possible to go back to if desired one day. That was the first I ever saw it and this was on a NAND with no bad blocks. This was with the latest version of bootmii. Maybe the previous ones didn't print the error before?

Sorry for only being kind of on topic......back to your program
smile.gif

timishu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow, nice work. This is quite impressive. However, before I install, I have a few questions I was hoping someone might know how to answer...

1. I have Crazy Intro Video, is there any need to change this? (Uninstall, Clear NAND?)

2. Will I need a good internet connection for this to work?

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
phpgeek said:
G0dLiKe said:

This would have nothing to do with preloader or the installation process. EEC failures are becoming a common occurence, especially on 4.x for some reason? Are you being prevented from actually backing up or are you referring to the log entries?

I am not being prevented but it was just a thought, especially when running without preloader, the errors are gone... this is what makes me wonder.

Besides I´m on 3.2 so nothing to do with 4.x

Question, what IOS must be installed to get a clean 0.30 install on 3.2? I only can install preloader if I install 0.29 first and then 0.30...

I´ve tried several IOSes...

DOP IOS MOD and DOP IOS: 30, 36, 60, 61 always getting the cannot get ticket, aborting mission.

I also used Freethebug at NUS IOS: 30, 36, 60, 61 getting the cannot get ticket, aborting.... wah.

mverason

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
G0dLiKe said:
phpgeek said:
G0dLiKe said:

I am not being prevented but it was just a thought, especially when running without preloader, the errors are gone... this is what makes me wonder.

Besides I´m on 3.2 so nothing to do with 4.x

Question, what IOS must be installed to get a clean 0.30 install on 3.2? I only can install preloader if I install 0.29 first and then 0.30...

I´ve tried several IOSes...

DOP IOS MOD and DOP IOS: 30, 36, 60, 61 always getting the cannot get ticket, aborting mission.

I also used Freethebug at NUS IOS: 30, 36, 60, 61 getting the cannot get ticket, aborting.... wah.

I'd like to know, since I'm on 3.2 as well while looking forward to update Preloader to v0.30. I also get the errors "cannot get ticket, aborting mission".

phpgeek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
G0dLiKe said:

BootMii FAQWhat does 'WARNING: ECC failure at page XXX' in the installer log mean?

Nothing, it's normal; it's just there for diagnostic purposes.

/phpgeek

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
y not update to 4.1 or 4.2? No real benefit to stay on 3.2

Nostalgia xD

Posts merged

phpgeek said:
G0dLiKe said:

BootMii FAQ
What does 'WARNING: ECC failure at page XXX' in the installer log mean?

Nothing, it's normal; it's just there for diagnostic purposes.

/phpgeek
Ya, I know that. Nevermind. Any idea about the IOS for 3.2E needed? To install 0.30 without having to install 0.29 before?

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I tried the following.

As I am unable for whatever reason to install preloader .30 on my 3.2 Wii, I always had to install .29 first followed by .30 which gave me ECC errors when backing up my Nand with BootMii, not really a problem but annoying, at least for me.

So, to avoid those errors I did install .29 followed by .30 then delete .30 and reinstall .30 Voila, all ECC errors are gone when backing up with .30 installed...

Nand backed up, back to normal now.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question. Everytime I install preloader 0.3, my Wii bricks. Preloader runs great, but everytime I try to go to the Main system menu it gives me a EVS error or something like that. I'm on Wii menu 4.2 U. Do I have to trucha patch IOS 70?

lightyear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about anyone else, but my wii starts up USB loader GX if I drop the dol in the root & install it with revision 4
wink.gif
This is definitely one of the coolest things to happen to homebrew!!! Thanks to everyone responsible...
grog.gif

The best part....customizable background music at system startup!!!!
smile.gif
wacko.gif
bow.gif

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice. Now I need more help. I need to install Wii system menu 4.2 U. NUS downloader doesnt work on my vista. So... anyone wanna host? Or solve the problem I have now. Everytime I start up my wii it goes to a black screen in the right hand corner is Wii Menu 4.2 USA or something like that. Help?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated