Hacking Preloader v0.30 Installer / Removal Tool

piratesmack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, phpgeek and daco

The only issue is my SDHC card isn't working. (Are SDHC cards working for anyone?)
Oh well, I have a few SD cards laying around.

Good job

wiiman123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
r3
yaynds.gif

transam81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
piratesmack said:
Thanks, phpgeek and daco

The only issue is my SDHC card isn't working. (Are SDHC cards working for anyone?)

Good job

I posted a few time before about SDHC not working with preloader .30 then .30r2 and still same prob with .30r3. seems SDHC was overlooked.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
transam81 said:
piratesmack said:
Thanks, phpgeek and daco

Good job

I posted a few time before about SDHC not working with preloader .30 then .30r2 and still same prob with .30r3. seems SDHC was overlooked.

what brand of sdhc card are u using? maybe its a compatibility issue (ie. maybe other sdhc cards work)

Daco

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
transam81 said:
piratesmack said:
Thanks, phpgeek and daco

Good job

if some1 could tell me how to setup the .app (aka inject the nand loader into the dol correctly) i could make a few installers and run them on my cousins wii this weekend while i fix his wii

IlluminiX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know Crediar removed the Preloader Update feature - but why was that again? Seems useful with now all the frequent updates, no?

foozyx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hi, can i install a new preloader without SD Card and change my Hack.ini without SD Card?
thank (my card reader in out (Hs))

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
foozyx said:
hi, can i install a new preloader without SD Card and change my Hack.ini without SD Card?
thank (my card reader in out (Hs))

you should be able to install it using wiibuilder or sendelf without an SD card. You can install a patched system menu IOS using wad manager lan edition without an SD card. But you can't edit system hacks without an SD card.

jaydoc05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On system menu 3.2U

moved HBC to IOS61

installed a clean IOS30 via DopIOS MOD (no ES option though)

installed a ES signed IOS36 via same program

Trying now version 3 of the installer: still getting error:
Failed to get root.. aborting mission:

any ideas,
perhaps I will install 0.29 JODI then run this afterward

Is that the right thing to do?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
what brand of sdhc card are u using? maybe its a compatibility issue (ie. maybe other sdhc cards work)

Maybe? I'm not trying to be mean but you're not helping at all. If ANYONE can access and change the system menu hacks from an SDHC card, please say so. If you haven't tried, there's no point in 'guessing' anything.

QUOTE(jaydoc05 @ Oct 14 2009, 11:56 AM) On system menu 3.2U

moved HBC to IOS61

installed a clean IOS30 via DopIOS MOD (no ES option though)

installed a ES signed IOS36 via same program

Trying now version 3 of the installer: still getting error:
Failed to get root.. aborting mission:

any ideas,
perhaps I will install 0.29 JODI then run this afterward

Is that the right thing to do?

Are you holding the B button down when you press the "+" button? Do you have cIOS rev 14 installed? (if you updated to 4.2 the normal way you'll need to possibly delete the IOS249 stub and definitely install cIOS again.

jaydoc05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doing it the IOS249 way:
B with "+"

not get;
got root; unable to read ticket: aborting mission:

shit. cIOS38 rev 14 is definately installed.

how about that JODI option

transam81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just remembered a bit of info while posting about preloader on a different thread.
The thing is that this very same SDHC card that is not being recognized by preloader 0.30Rx, was recognized by preloader 0.29 on 4.1u firmware.
I only started having this issue with preloader 0.29 jodi and every update that has followed after.
all yesturday i thought the problem lay some place else.
but now i'm sure the problem is with preloader, but alas i am not a coder and the source looks like a foreign language to me.

jacobopantoja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FYI:

SD "standard" cards are up to 4GB (yes!), and SDHC have a capacity from 4GB up to 32GB (formerly), but would be able to be up to 2TB.

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BOTH IS THE ADDRESSING MODE, so a 4GB SD is DIFFERENT (and never will be the same, even with different partitioning or partition format) than a 4GB SDHC.

So please, don't post incorrect things like "I have a 2GB SDHC working", "Format it to FAT32", etc. Please, we are all interested in knowing REAL SDHC support!!

Thanks

transam81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jacobopantoja said:
FYI:

SD "standard" cards are up to 4GB (yes!), and SDHC have a capacity from 4GB up to 32GB (formerly), but would be able to be up to 2TB.

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BOTH IS THE ADDRESSING MODE, so a 4GB SD is DIFFERENT (and never will be the same, even with different partitioning or partition format) than a 4GB SDHC.

So please, don't post incorrect things like "I have a 2GB SDHC working", "Format it to FAT32", etc. Please, we are all interested in knowing REAL SDHC support!!

Thanks

how is this relevant? was it me that posted having a 2GB SDHC? i don't think it was me? i'm pretty sure it wasn't. i've got a "4GB SDHC" and have posted it as such. i you trying to help or did you create an account just to bash ppl?

caribpapi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone experiencing problems with this on 4.1 while having a USB drive plugged in? I sometimes must remove my HD for it to work. Never happened with 0.29 JODI.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, yep +1