Hacking Preloader v0.29 - JODI Patched

rookrook

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wyndcrosser said:
You don't have to completely reinstall your system menu and that iso60 stuff. Just take his file, extract it, put hacks.ini at the root of your SD card (leave it in the folder to make sure also), then run preloader JODI with HBC. Works like a charm, no issues.

TAGs - copy over previous preloader with preloader JODI

Thanks man

When copying over do i use the hacks ini from my own preloader .29> ?im on 3.2e thanx in advance my version is 290 the one supplied with the jodi preloader i got is for 418 any help would be great
any one got an answer to this ?

sotra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
I love preloader, I have it set up to autoboot to USB loader gx... I can be in the middle of playing a game, hit home, then either hit the wii menu to go there, or hit reset and it will bring me back to usb loader gx and I can choose another game! Anyway, its convenient, but if you don't have bootmii as boot2, you need some kind of protection, and preloader is the next best thing.

Do you mind telling me how to set preloader to autoboot into usb loader gx? I figure it has to do something with load/install file option and then choosing file as autoboot, but I'm not sure which file. Is it a WAD file and I just need to keep in the root of my SD card? Anyway, enough rambling. Hope somebody could help me please. Thanks!

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
find a boot.dol file (btw, it doesn't have to be named boot), either a forwarder dol for USB loader or the dol for usb loader APP itself (note, if you use the forwarder, you will need an SD card or usb drive with the app saved to it inserted into the wii for it to load properly). I recommend the forwarder because if you use the channel you can't update once inside the app (and will need to reinstall an updated dol file your nand using preloader ever so often to update).

Anyways, save the dol to the root of your SD (I dont think SDHC works, not sure though as I dont own 1), then install the file, then go to your settings and select boot/load to file, and return to systemmenu.

UScr00ge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This badboy gave me the system menu is corrupted message, as others have reported in this thread, when installing to a 4.2 Wii. Gonna try the IOS70-64-v6687 [Patched][FreeTheBug].WAD method to fix it as I can still get into preloader, HBC, bootmii, etc.

edit: that worked

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To reinstall my system menu 4.1u can I just use waninkoko's updater for 4.1? I'm scared to use the wads I know I can probably just do it it won't be a big deal but still, I'd rather have the automated system do it and I've used it before
does that update still even work since the new update? it should i would imagine

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
the main difference between waninkoko's updater and the offline method generally used is waninkoko's updates the IOSs all w/ the trucha bug, this may conflict w/ your homebrew channel (flipping it upside down), which can be fixed, but still. I think the offline method is better

jaydoc05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have system menu 3.2U.
I can only install bootmii as an IOS: thus, I am in the preloader market:

Do I still need IOS60 prior to installing preloader 0.29 JODI if I am on 3.2U?

I think my version of IOS36 is before truncha bug was patched. Do I need to ES id it and update via dop IOS mod prior to installing 0.29 preloader JODI?

If I do need to ES id my IOS36 via DOP IOS MOD: I do know that I must not hash check it as I will result in an upside down HBC

thx in advance

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I have a weird problem with Preloader.
I am using SM 4.1E and I enabled region free Gamecube games(no VM).The strange thing is that when I try to load a NTSC game it displays at 576i(something impossible for NTSC games) and the screen is half-size.
I tried to enter in progressive mode by holding down B button,but as soon as I select progressive scan the game freezes.
Has anyone encountered a similar problem?Is there any solution to this?
Thanks in advance.

jfireyall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wyndcrosser said:
You don't have to completely reinstall your system menu and that iso60 stuff. Just take his file, extract it, put hacks.ini at the root of your SD card (leave it in the folder to make sure also), then run preloader JODI with HBC. Works like a charm, no issues.

TAGs - copy over previous preloader with preloader JODI

Thanks man

this works just remember to rename the file to boot.dol

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jaydoc05 said:
If I do need to ES id my IOS36 via DOP IOS MOD: I do know that I must not hash check it as I will result in an upside down HBC

You KNOW? Yea buddy... and I know that the world is flat....

If you install the latest HBC with a fresh IOS61, it will not be upside down.

Do what you want with 36.

lemming

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hi

i'm on 4.2E with bootmii as ios and want brick protection

can someone tell me how to install preloader on a 4.2E wii?

i have installed IOS70-64-v6687 [Patched][FreeTheBug].wad

do i just install Preloader v0.29 - JODI Patched?

i don't wanna brick my wii trying to add brick protection

thanks

plog367

Trophies
XP
Country
I just installed this preloader over the previous 0.29 by copying the .dol over the original (I backed up first of course). All good and now can autoload into HBC 1.0.6...

---------------------------
Plog

piwikiwi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Works perfectly! Have regained HBC launch capability, I wanted to stick with 0.29 due to some other stuff, so this is great!

Thank you!

Daco

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
piwikiwi said:
Works perfectly! Have regained HBC launch capability, I wanted to stick with 0.29 due to some other stuff, so this is great!

Thank you!
you do know phpgeek hasn't been around for ages and that you just necro'd this topic right?

piwikiwi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What happened to him? Sometimes you gotta raise the appropriate solutions from the dead, I guess....

p.s.: necro'd is after 6 months, isn't it?
p.p.s.: so...you get smacked upside your head yet? ;-)

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I've been wondering about phpgeek's whereabouts myself...but other than regular concern, I can't change anything about it.

But even though the solution works to solve the problem, it is not the only one. Nor the best one. Between that and now, priiloader has gradually taken preloader's place. It has more features, is easier to install &maintain (among which thanks to phpgeek's installer) and things like that. It's certainly worth checking out.
smile.gif

piwikiwi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks,
I have previously used priiloader, but (brace yourself) it required a different version of the USB Loader GX forwarder which allowed a whole bunch of "debug text" to be shown onscreen during bootup.

Er...I didn't think it was very "pretty"...hehe...so while I wait for a "prettier" version of the forwarder to be released I'll be using preloader again.

I know it sounds lame, but I like my Wii to work AND to look good too.

Thanks anyway!

Daco

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Wever said:
I've been wondering about phpgeek's whereabouts myself...but other than regular concern, I can't change anything about it.

But even though the solution works to solve the problem, it is not the only one. Nor the best one. Between that and now, priiloader has gradually taken preloader's place. It has more features, is easier to install &maintain (among which thanks to phpgeek's installer) and things like that. It's certainly worth checking out.
smile.gif
his installer and dolboot! (eventho dolboot has been replaced now)

@ piwikiwi : future priiloader version should work again
wink.gif

as in, 0.4 when i feel like releasing it
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I see your mop and raise you George's mop lol