Hacking Preloader, system format, then Bootmii. Bugger! Help please

ought

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Any help would be much appreciated!

I think I have been rather impatient and made a big mess…. I had preloader on my Wii, which my Wii would always boot to. I did not like that so I did a system format from the Wii System Menu hoing to get back to the start. This meant I could get to the preloader but not the system menu any more. So then I installed Bootmii. So now all I can do is get to Bootmii and my Homebrew Channel and some other installation thing, that asks if I want to install every time I boot…

I only really wanted to play backups, but now I just want to be able to play Wii Sports that came with my Wii... Help?

Please ;O)

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think the best way to restore would be upgrading. Since you can't get into the system menu anymore, you should try Waninkoko cIOS Downgrader. If that doesn't work, try IOS Downgrader first.

Basically, you need to find some kind of way to upgrade, so everything except BootMii gets replaced by the original files. Also, you should start with making a backup in BootMii so if you mess anything up, you can always restore.

ought

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply... so can I do this over my WiFi connection? Does it give me an option to change the WiFi settings, WEP and whatnot?

And is it a good idea to uprgrade the latest more restrictive firmware? I was on 3.1e.

Ta!

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Preloader, at least 0.29, had an option to change whether to boot the sysmenu or preloader...
Since you are where you are though, find a disk with the 3.2e update on it, and use that to update, then it should work fine?
You can go the extra step and run the downgrader as mentioned in the post above, and then use Waninkoko's 4.0 updater to get the latest.
(Follow ultimate 4.0 guide for those instructions...)

ought

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
And thank you for your reply too ;o)

But where do I find a disk with 3.2e? I have had a search on Google, searched for a torrent, and none on newsgroups either?

Cheers!

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
yep. You will need either a disc with a system menu on it (ie mario kart) ot a system menu wad.

No offense, but before you go formatting or deleting things, you really should do some research first. Luckily what you did is recoverable from, next time you may not be so lucky.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
discs that have 3.2 are :

MarioKart Wii
Super Smash Bros Brawl

open in WiiScrubber 1.40, go to the Update Partition, and pull out the WADs you need

ought

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh no offence taken, you are right, stupidly impatient of me ;O)

Assuming I fix it, and I know this is doubtless covered everywhere but I fear getting it wrong (again). What is the simplest way for me to get backups on DVDr working with a reversible softmod?

Thank you again!

ought

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, so is this right:

1. I run "Waninkoko cIOS Downgrader" from my SD card using the Homebrew channel and use it to install this wad file, "3.2eb SystemMenu-v290.wad", again from my SD card, which I think is the right WAD for a Pal Wii?

Then I should have my system menu back. Yes?

2. I am guessing the homebrew channel will still be there. Is that right? So I then reset, install "cIOS rev10", and then run "wiigators wii backup launcher 0.3 with the 002 fix". Both using the Homebrew, and again from the SD Card, and then I should be able to play DVDr backups?

Do I need to do the same every time?

Apologies for being a pain.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Yawn