timishu

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I finally got the Trucha Bug installed on IOS36 WITHOUT the HBC being upside down, and then installed Preloader .29. It worked, but I got a strange message saying

"Syntax Error, missing '[' before 'n' at line 55."

after trying to load the system menu. After sitting on that screen for about 30s, my screen goes black, and, the system menu is there. So I figured this was just a problem with Preloader .29 and 4.0U, so I used the PreLoader .30 Installer/Removal Tool to update it. That went fine, and everything installed ok. However, I still get the same Syntax Error. I then set my PreLoader settings to

Autoboot to System Menu
Return to System Menu
Everything Else off

After loading the System Menu with BootMii, I sat there with a black screen for the same 30s, and the system menu came up. Is there a way to fix this, or is there something wrong with PreLoader?

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
timishu said:
So I finally got the Trucha Bug installed on IOS36 WITHOUT the HBC being upside down, and then installed Preloader .29. It worked, but I got a strange message saying

"Syntax Error, missing '[' before 'n' at line 55."

after trying to load the system menu. After sitting on that screen for about 30s, my screen goes black, and, the system menu is there. So I figured this was just a problem with Preloader .29 and 4.0U, so I used the PreLoader .30 Installer/Removal Tool to update it. That went fine, and everything installed ok. However, I still get the same Syntax Error. I then set my PreLoader settings to

Autoboot to System Menu
Return to System Menu
Everything Else off

After loading the System Menu with BootMii, I sat there with a black screen for the same 30s, and the system menu came up. Is there a way to fix this, or is there something wrong with PreLoader?

See, a little search and its working.

Ok, for the syntax error- this is mostly a hacks.ini problem. Are you on a Mac or on a PC?

timishu

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I checked out my hacks.ini file, and found out that I had a missing bracket at the end of my last system menu hack. This got rid of the syntax error and all of the hacks now work. Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over