Hardware Preloader sound distortion

bwaaatch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I installed preloader 0.29 a month or so ago. Didn't realise it immediately, but it is now very clear to me the whenever I boot to the system menu the audio is distorted, as though there is a a very metallic sound at the top end.

I understand that preloader might have tampered with the system menu when I installed it. Is it possible to revert back to my standard system menu (4.0 Europe)? How would I do this, and how would it affect the fact that I have a working HBC setup?

Or do I need to completely remove preloader to fix the issue? Is it safe to use Nandcean to do this (as some folk suggest that using Nandclean and NOT first installing a new system menu could leave me bricked.

All advice welcome!

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Try disabling all hacks and re-enabling them one by one to see which one is the culprit?

If you truly wish to remove Preloader, simply reinstall System Menu 4.0. Grab a WAD via NUS Downloader (for PAL, the first box is 0000000100000002 and the second is 418). If you want to remove every single trace of Preloader, run NandClean afterwards.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-