Preloader sound distortion

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by bwaaatch, Jul 15, 2009.

Jul 15, 2009

Preloader sound distortion by bwaaatch at 12:10 AM (707 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. bwaaatch
    OP

Newcomer bwaaatch Newbie

United Kingdom
    I installed preloader 0.29 a month or so ago. Didn't realise it immediately, but it is now very clear to me the whenever I boot to the system menu the audio is distorted, as though there is a a very metallic sound at the top end.

I understand that preloader might have tampered with the system menu when I installed it. Is it possible to revert back to my standard system menu (4.0 Europe)? How would I do this, and how would it affect the fact that I have a working HBC setup?

Or do I need to completely remove preloader to fix the issue? Is it safe to use Nandcean to do this (as some folk suggest that using Nandclean and NOT first installing a new system menu could leave me bricked.

All advice welcome!

2. Dialexio

Member Dialexio GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Try disabling all hacks and re-enabling them one by one to see which one is the culprit?

If you truly wish to remove Preloader, simply reinstall System Menu 4.0. Grab a WAD via NUS Downloader (for PAL, the first box is 0000000100000002 and the second is 418). If you want to remove every single trace of Preloader, run NandClean afterwards.