MasterNES

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all,

I've recently gone through the process of updating my Wii system menu to v4.0. So far, everything seems to be working pretty well. One question that I have: what does "Disc auto start when right pressed" do? This is one of the options given at WiiBrew.org for the hack.ini file. By the name, it sounds like it'll start the disc when pushing right on the GC or Wiimote or something, but I can't seem to get it to work. Any ideas?

Thanks.

MasterNES

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone?

P.S. Wow this forum is popular...that got buried in no time
tongue.gif

MasterNES

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fourth? Interesting...I wonder what the logic behind that was rather than the first?

Anyway, I'm assuming the use for this is to launch GC games without needing the Wiimote, correct?

I'll give this a go once I get back tonight. Thanks.

drmarvin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I haven't figured this one out either. As far as I can tell, it's not the WiiMote. Doesn't do anything for me, but it could be a nice feature. If it's the GC controller, it's really only good for rescue of some sort.

Let us all know if you can figure it out.

sess

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Yep, just tested it here. 4th port GC controller, pressed right, shows my version (4.0U) and autostarts the disc.

That other option, Disc autostart, does the same, but you don't need a GC controller. Just turn it on and it's fine. lol

drmarvin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For just "Disc Autostart", your game will just start if it's in the console? GC or Wii? I have tried a Wii game, and it doesn't seem to do anything. Do you need the GC controller in the 4th port?

sess

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
drmarvin said:
For just "Disc Autostart", your game will just start if it's in the console? GC or Wii? I have tried a Wii game, and it doesn't seem to do anything. Do you need the GC controller in the 4th port?

Yep. Wii. All you need to do is just turn on the Wii. It isn't region free, though.

sess

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Not sure about that (WAD Manager autoboot disc), but you can play backups, even if you're softmoded. But like I said, at least for me, japanese and euro backups didn't work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-