Hacking Preloader Hacks?

Tux'

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I recently got preloader only becuase I had semi bricked my 4.0U Wii, now I'm wondering if it is safe to use the preloader hacks, like skip disc check update on move the disc channel? Or will I have another chance of bricking my wii once more?

wii-tom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I live by preloader... only hack every had a problem with was

[Remove NoCopy Protection]
version=417

and that was on a system upgraded to 4.0 from the big N and I downgraded CIOS... for what ever reason switched on and booted to a black screen... but rebooted with reset and switched back....

hope that helps... preloader will save your ass!

Tux'

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so how do I make them work? Put hacks.ini on root of sd, boot up preloader, and go to settings or something?

Also, I'm making sure this doesn't brick my wii, beacuse I used preloader 0.28 without knowing it and semi bricked my wii
tongue.gif
I fixed it tough.

D

Deleted User

Check the sticky guide by me. Start from scratch so it'd be easy to follow
smile.gif

Tux'

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, copied the hacks.ini to a empty notepad named it hacks.ini, now, to uninstall it is it easier to use NAND clean or jsut get a systemmenu 4.0 wad?

EDIT: Also, does it have to be a notepad config file, or just a normal notepad?

D

Deleted User

Lordpoketehpenguin said:
Ok, copied the hacks.ini to a empty notepad named it hacks.ini, now, to uninstall it is it easier to use NAND clean or jsut get a systemmenu 4.0 wad?

EDIT: Also, does it have to be a notepad config file, or just a normal notepad?

Re-installing the System menu only uninstalls Preloader. So I guess you should use NANDClean. Be careful and read through the thread.

What do you mean notepad config file? Thing must be named "hacks.ini" and the end file may look like a notepad file with a gear icon stamped to it.

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the remove no copy protection hack isn't working? hmm that sucks for those that have no other hack for it. as For me thats why I like my hardpatched system menu.

Tux'

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What exactly does the no copy protection do? Also, I can't get the Config File, so can't I just copy over the one I got in the preloader .rar file from wiibrew? Wouldn't that be easier?

BlindDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lordpoketehpenguin said:
So, all I want to do is move the disc channel and skip disc check updates, will I brick my wii doing this or no?
I thought you could move the disc channel if you booted gamma 0.3 and restarted with hooks,, after that you can move the disc channel.

The no copy protection is supposed to let you copy game saves that cant be copied,, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them