Preloader hack affecting RB2 DLC

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by drmarvin, Aug 18, 2009.

Aug 18, 2009
  1. drmarvin
    OP

Member drmarvin GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    I'm not sure if this is the reason, but with trial and error, it seems to be the case. I had everything working well with RB2 backing up content to the SD card. Then I installed Freedom, reinstalled SM4.1U, and preloader with the hacks from the wiibrew site. Content backup no longer worked. I downgraded to 4.0U, and upgraded to 4.1U again, installed cIOSCorp 3.3, and tested again, and it worked again. I installed preloader again, and it doesn't work again.

I am thinking it is because of having the IOS Reload hack enabled. Should disabling this stop that from happening, but still allow for preloader install?

Thanks for the input.

2. bdr9

Member bdr9 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You can disable that and it won't ruin preloader but it will probably fix your problem.

3. drmarvin
    OP

Canada
    If anyone else has this issue, disabling IOS Reloading fixes it.

4. hitomiinlove

Newcomer hitomiinlove Newbie

Brazil
    Is there a workaround to avoid this? Or, is there a possibility that someone might be working on this, to make IOS Reload compatible with the Backup content being correctly moved to the SD?

I would love to buy an original copy of the game, but these come at a very expensive price where I live. And I really wasn't looking forward to installing cioscorp on my wii, either.

Thanks to everybody who's taking the time to read this. [​IMG]

PS: I downloaded cioscorp to my PC the other day (even though I didn't install it on the Wii) and I noticed there a lot of different WAD's in there. Is there a way I can install just one of them, just so Rock Band 2 will work? I don't mind running all the other games from Neogamma.

5. drmarvin
    OP

Canada
    I don't know if there is a workaround. All I know is that it fixes the problem. Maybe at some point it won't matter if they can get it to work with NAND emulation, so you can connect a big HDD or something, since SDHC isn't an option for RB2 (although it will be for GH5)

6. tripellex

Member tripellex GBAtemp Regular

United States
    What exactly was it doing, drmarvin? Are you talking about it not being able to back up to SD at all, or do you mean that it wasn't removing the DLC from the NAND? That seems to be my case...it backs up fine, yet doesn't remove the songs from NAND when done.

7. drmarvin
    OP

Canada
    That what was happening to me too. I guess it's because since the game uses IOS37 (I think) to do that stuff, it gets confused when it's using IOS249.

With IOS Reload off, it works great.

8. bdr9

Member bdr9 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    IOS37

9. drmarvin
    OP

Canada
    I suppose that might work. Then IOS Reload isn't necessary, and that IOS has rev14. Certainly might fix the problem. I'm not sure, since I have a retail copy that I play with.

10. tripellex

Member tripellex GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thanks so much, drmarvin, the fix worked beautifully. I would never have guessed IOS Reload was the culprit. Thanks again!

11. drmarvin
    OP

Canada
    That was my problem too. It ended up that I reinstalled system menu a couple of times before it hit me that everything worked until I installed Preloader, then i looked at the hacks and figured it could only be that one.