Hacking Preloader 0.29!

Filter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
moviecouple said:
Any idea where to find IOS36-64-v1042.wad that isn't a torrent site? Google on comes up with torrents. You would think that this site would have it somewhere. Heard you might need it to install Preloader 0.29.

You cant ask for that here.

Just google the file name there should be a direct download somewhere. I found one easy just tried.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or find an older wii game before the 3.2 update (like mario kart) and use either wiiscrub (on the ISO) or FTPii (on the burned game) to find the file on the disc and rip it to your PC.

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
priapism said:
CheatingSoi said:
Is anyone having troubles using this on 4.0? I installed this and ued my old hacks.ini and it said there was no hacks. So I put the one that came with preloader .29 on my sd and the only thing that shows up is block disk updates.

1) the only hack that shows up for me is to Block Updates.

2) nobody will tell me if this hacks.ini file is PAL or NTSC.

3) i have the issue where my drive won't stop spinning after i power my Wii down and there is no option in the hacks menu to adjust it.

that's because that is the only hack for NTSC (version 417) in the hacks.ini
don't know why there aren't more
but that's the reason

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
lotion said:
Has anyone used preloader to load cios rev9 and successfully run a backup?

When I do this, the disc is identified as a Wii disc and the banner shows up perfectly fine but it errors out when you try to run it.

Anyone have any success?
That's because system menu sees the disc since it runs as IOS249, but when it boots any disc it reloads the IOS requested by the game. If you have not dip patched that particular IOS (by for example installing the cIOScorp equivalent) it won't detect the disc and thus fail.

On contrast, for example menupatcher by Waninkoko does not only run system menu as IOS249, but also forces all loaded games to use it as well; preloader doesn't do this yet.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
moviecouple said:
Any idea where to find IOS36-64-v1042.wad that isn't a torrent site? Google on comes up with torrents. You would think that this site would have it somewhere. Heard you might need it to install Preloader 0.29.
You can use Waninkokos IOS downgrader.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
1. There is single 4.0U Hack, that is stop disc updates... (possibly because crediar actively uses a pal machine) for 4.0E there are three:
Region free channels, Skip disc updates and Replace health warning with back menu

2. Old hacks are there but you can't use them on 4.0 since each hack is strongly tied to the exact system menu version

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
JJBro1 said:
since this patches ios60 does that make the ios60 patcher obsolete?
No. The IOS60 patcher patches the signing bug in the IOS and preloader patches something else that enables it to run the system menu.
But you can use both together (you just have to use the IOS60-patcher first)
Though if you use cIOSCORP it doesn't matter anyway...

muzz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nonamewasfree said:
has a new hacks.ini already been sighted? preferable with "remove copy protection for GC and Wii" which served so well at 028.

I have been wondering if anyone has a hacks.ini file for NTSC with additional hacks. I don't have the time to try to find them or confidence with my skill level. The only thing holding me back from 4.0/preloader0.29 config is the ability to autoboot via savemii by removing the disk check at boot. If anyone has that hack I would be so super-thankful, of course additional spoon fed hacks are appreciated. Is anyone digging around sysmenu4.0 NTSC for hacks? I may have missed it in another post, a link or something?

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
i don't know if anybody found out of this, but i noticed my cios60 doesn't work for me as it keep saying system files are damaged... booting with preloader from another ios makes the system menu run, but at that point i lose the ability to read from sdhc cards in the system menu... so you need ios 60 to read them.

but isn't it possible to set preloader up so it boots the system menu with ios 249 so booting backups from disc channel is possible, but keep the sdhc compability from ios 60 loaded?

and if not, would it be possible to import the sdhc ability from ios 60 into the cioscorps ios's?

phertiker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FGOD said:
i don't know if anybody found out of this, but i noticed my cios60 doesn't work for me as it keep saying system files are damaged...

Do you mean you see this when copying a channel over to SD? If so, I saw it once, the first time I tried, but after a hard reset of the Wii everything was fine and the channel was moved properly and plays from SD just fine.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
FGOD said:
i don't know if anybody found out of this, but i noticed my cios60 doesn't work for me as it keep saying system files are damaged... booting with preloader from another ios makes the system menu run, but at that point i lose the ability to read from sdhc cards in the system menu... so you need ios 60 to read them.

but isn't it possible to set preloader up so it boots the system menu with ios 249 so booting backups from disc channel is possible, but keep the sdhc compability from ios 60 loaded?

and if not, would it be possible to import the sdhc ability from ios 60 into the cioscorps ios's?

Hmm, it seems you messed with Ios 60 after installing preloader hence removing the preloader's ios 60 patch. That's the reason I guess...

Installing 4.0 menu again may brick you because of that unpatched ios since there will still be leftover files in the system menu content directories...

MightyMouse

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hopefully a region free patch for preloader will come soon...

i know that it was possible in 3.2 is it just a matter of figuring it out in 4.0 or has the whole ball game changed??

sorry if this is a rtard question lol

menage730

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiCrazy said:
FGOD said:

Hmm, it seems you messed with Ios 60 after installing preloader hence removing the preloader's ios 60 patch. That's the reason I guess...

Installing 4.0 menu again may brick you because of that unpatched ios since there will still be leftover files in the system menu content directories...

QUOTE(MightyMouse @ Apr 2 2009, 11:08 AM)
hopefully a region free patch for preloader will come soon...

i know that it was possible in 3.2 is it just a matter of figuring it out in 4.0 or has the whole ball game changed??

sorry if this is a rtard question lol
dont know if you are hard mod but im softmodded & this what i did
10 instal preloader 29
11 instal 249 rev9 make sure you have IOS36-64-v1042.wad in root of sd card & wad installation
12 instal cioscorp 60 bf when it reboots system corrupt restart load preloader go to hbc
13 install ciosorp v1 (all wads from softmii pack )when it reboots system corrupt restart load preloader go to hbc
13 reinstall preloader
14 install cmios
& thats how i did it result disc loading for backup wii/gc games your wiis region loading of vc wiiware games of sd card

deshwasi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i had cios36_rev9 & HBC installed. then i updated the wii to 4.0 thru Nintendo. then i did the ios60 patcher. now when i try to install preloader (first time ever, i had Starfall earlier) (press 1 at warning screen) it comes up with an error saying "ios36 fakesign bug fixed". whats up with that? any tips?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool: DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)