United States
Cuber said:
9th_Sage said:
Cuber said:
QUOTE said:
Now Repairing Do Not Power Off

The hell is this? >.>;
A joke of the most April variety.
So I've heard after lurking other threads..
wacko.gif

I have this too is this the reason why preloader autoboots even though its set to system menu?

by this i mean after tomorrow will it work properly?

EDIT: set date to April 2nd and it was fine lol

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiCrazy said:
@Brian117 : It does have a Spin Disc Motor setting, isn't it of any use? Changed the default setting and I don't have such a thing...

Um. Sadly once again, there is no setting of that kind on my Preloader menu. Am I missing something? Is this a joke to you?

QUOTE(chr0m @ Mar 31 2009, 06:38 PM) What about when there is no disc in there, is the drive totally off then? I never leave discs in my Wii anyway.

I'm pretty sure it does turn off.
smile.gif

Cuber

Trophies
Website
mytgn.co.uk
XP
Country
chaseincats said:
Cuber said:
9th_Sage said:
Cuber said:
QUOTE said:
Now Repairing Do Not Power Off

The hell is this? >.>;
A joke of the most April variety.
So I've heard after lurking other threads..
wacko.gif

I have this too is this the reason why preloader autoboots even though its set to system menu?

by this i mean after tomorrow will it work properly?
It should do. I set my date to tomorrow and it's normal now.

Wiiownzzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok...I really want to make sure I'm going to do this correctly because my wii is my baby lol! I got it the day it came out 11/19/06...waaaa. Anyway, I have SoftMii 2.1.1 installed, which includes cioscorp and preloader .28. According to this thread I need to:

1. Install IOS60
2. Install System Menu 4.0 WAD of my region
3. Then install preloader .29

I just want to be absolutely 100% sure before I do anything.

Cuber

Trophies
Website
mytgn.co.uk
XP
Country
Wiiownzzz said:
Ok...I really want to make sure I'm going to do this correctly because my wii is my baby lol! I got it the day it came out 11/19/06...waaaa. Anyway, I have SoftMii 2.1.1 installed, which includes cioscorp and preloader .28. According to this thread I need to:

1. Install IOS60
2. Install System Menu 4.0 WAD of my region
3. Then install preloader .29

I just want to be absolutely 100% sure before I do anything.
As far as I know.. I don't have IOS60 (So fuck knows what it patched), I've not got 4.0 and it appears to be fine on 3.2.

So I guess you don't need those..

lotion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone used preloader to load cios rev9 and successfully run a backup?

When I do this, the disc is identified as a Wii disc and the banner shows up perfectly fine but it errors out when you try to run it.

Anyone have any success?

dimmujed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i used waninkoko's updater to 4.0 from a virgin 3.4u (only had twilight hack). Can I use this to downgrade that way I can install cIOS that i forgot to install prior? Thanks.

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone having troubles using this on 4.0? I installed this and ued my old hacks.ini and it said there was no hacks. So I put the one that came with preloader .29 on my sd and the only thing that shows up is block disk updates.

priapism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MrBubbles said:
-fixed a bug which let the disc endlessly spin when wc24 was enabled and the wii got turned off

This once happened to me 3 days ago and scared the hell out of me. Awesome fix if I do say so myself.

it is not fixed for me. i don't understand what is going on.

Brian117 said:
QUOTE(WiiCrazy @ Mar 31 2009, 06:29 PM) @Brian117 : It does have a Spin Disc Motor setting, isn't it of any use? Changed the default setting and I don't have such a thing...

Um. Sadly once again, there is no setting of that kind on my Preloader menu. Am I missing something? Is this a joke to you?

i have the same issue. do you have a chip installed? i do. could that have something to do with it?

priapism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CheatingSoi said:
Is anyone having troubles using this on 4.0? I installed this and ued my old hacks.ini and it said there was no hacks. So I put the one that came with preloader .29 on my sd and the only thing that shows up is block disk updates.

1) the only hack that shows up for me is to Block Updates.

2) nobody will tell me if this hacks.ini file is PAL or NTSC.

3) i have the issue where my drive won't stop spinning after i power my Wii down and there is no option in the hacks menu to adjust it.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
menage730 said:
fst312 said:
i need to know this can preloader really stop the wii from getting bricked i'm still on system menu 3.2U and i can see it is possible of getting bricked with starfall and prloader installed but i now i can just hold down the Y button to save my wii or use preloder to just go to HBC and just install system menu wad for 3.2U.i'm not to sure but does preloader have that rescue menu like starfall because i don't see any way out of a brick with preloader on a 4.0 wii.i mean like you can put the region free stuff but if your bricked can downgrading save your wii if your able to get to HBC using preloader and what i mean there is what if your not able to access HBC from prloader .i need this answered please because i really don't want to get bricked because till this day i never seen my wii get semi bricked or fully bricked,i never even seen a bricked wii.

so far i can only say till my question is answered i'll be updating tonight for my 3.2 wii.
fyi preloader is great as ever just need more hacks in the ini brick protection for real i had installed it earlier for some reason when i installed cioscorp 60BF (got an error with madworld when) it rebooted it gave me systemenu corrupted i just restarted held reset went to hbc ciosdowngrader went back 3.2 now back on 4.0 with preloader waiting for some hacks for the ini anybody know what went wrong with cioscorp 60BF im on 249 rev 9 patched ios60

i guess if i update which i guess everyone is going to soon i won't be using cioscrop if it doesn''t work.with preloader on wii v4.0 this is the end of an era for v3.2 wiis.you maybe right preloader does maybe need more brick protection maybe the next update will have that.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
priapism said:
CheatingSoi said:

1) the only hack that shows up for me is to Block Updates.

2) nobody will tell me if this hacks.ini file is PAL or NTSC.

3) i have the issue where my drive won't stop spinning after i power my Wii down and there is no option in the hacks menu to adjust it.

does this preloader have problems when using it.i just posted saying ill be updating soon again and now i just read this.i really do think now i should wait longer before i update to 4.0 i will wait till preloader .30 or something.

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CheatingSoi said:
That's because the hacks are version specific. Your old 3.2 hacks won't work on 4.0

menage730

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CheatingSoi said:
Nevermind

fst312 said:
menage730 said:
QUOTE(fst312 @ Mar 31 2009, 03:39 PM) i need to know this can preloader really stop the wii from getting bricked i'm still on system menu 3.2U and i can see it is possible of getting bricked with starfall and prloader installed but i now i can just hold down the Y button to save my wii or use preloder to just go to HBC and just install system menu wad for 3.2U.i'm not to sure but does preloader have that rescue menu like starfall because i don't see any way out of a brick with preloader on a 4.0 wii.i mean like you can put the region free stuff but if your bricked can downgrading save your wii if your able to get to HBC using preloader and what i mean there is what if your not able to access HBC from prloader .i need this answered please because i really don't want to get bricked because till this day i never seen my wii get semi bricked or fully bricked,i never even seen a bricked wii.

so far i can only say till my question is answered i'll be updating tonight for my 3.2 wii.
fyi preloader is great as ever just need more hacks in the ini brick protection for real i had installed it earlier for some reason when i installed cioscorp 60BF (got an error with madworld when) it rebooted it gave me systemenu corrupted i just restarted held reset went to hbc ciosdowngrader went back 3.2 now back on 4.0 with preloader waiting for some hacks for the ini anybody know what went wrong with cioscorp 60BF im on 249 rev 9 patched ios60

i guess if i update which i guess everyone is going to soon i won't be using cioscrop if it doesn''t work.with preloader on wii v4.0 this is the end of an era for v3.2 wiis.you maybe right preloader does maybe need more brick protection maybe the next update will have that.
look ive managed to get cioscorp from the softmii package to work + cios 60BF to work using preloader changed systemmenu ios to 36 in the settings then installed cios 60BF WITH WAD MANAGER THEN INSTALLED CIOSCORP FROM THE SOFTMII PACKAGE DISC LOADING FROM CHANNEL DONT HAVE PAL GAMES SO BE CAREFUL ALL MY NTSC GAMES WORK MADWORLD HOTD MLB09 SONIC

moviecouple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any idea where to find IOS36-64-v1042.wad that isn't a torrent site? Google on comes up with torrents. You would think that this site would have it somewhere. Heard you might need it to install Preloader 0.29.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on