Homebrew [Pre-release] Agbsave9 - Tool to extract agb_firm saves.

OnionKgt

Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone have any experience injecting saves that you extracted from actual GBA carts? I used GBA Backup Tool to extract my saves on a DS, and now I'm trying to inject them into 3DS VC titles with failure.

I was earlier able to back up my Mother 3 save on the 3DS and then restoring it later so I think I'm doing this right. I have also tested my GBA save dumps and they work fine on an emulator like VBA. When I try to run the generated injection applications for my dumps I get the "An error has occurred" message. I have tried both SRAM and FLASH saves (CV: AoS, MMBN3 Blue, FFTA) and I had the same problem every time.

Frelia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I've tested my edit on an updated A9LH sysnand (10.7) O3DS with a Riviera (U) rom, using AuReiNand 3.13 payload chainloader, and haven't found anything wrong with it, the dumped save runs perfectly on VBA.

I might have uploaded a faulty release though, so I've compiled and uploaded again. https://github.com/execfera/Agbsave9/releases/download/v1.0.1/Agbsave9.bin Please try it out.

Last edited by Frelia,

pedriterman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Reactions: Frelia

the assaf

Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone have any experience injecting saves that you extracted from actual GBA carts? I used GBA Backup Tool to extract my saves on a DS, and now I'm trying to inject them into 3DS VC titles with failure.

I was earlier able to back up my Mother 3 save on the 3DS and then restoring it later so I think I'm doing this right. I have also tested my GBA save dumps and they work fine on an emulator like VBA. When I try to run the generated injection applications for my dumps I get the "An error has occurred" message. I have tried both SRAM and FLASH saves (CV: AoS, MMBN3 Blue, FFTA) and I had the same problem every time.
I tried with FF5 advance save dumped from cart with gba backup tool, and it worked. If you get "An error has occurred" message the problem is likely not in the homebrew/save.

OnionKgt

Trophies
XP
Country
I tried with FF5 advance save dumped from cart with gba backup tool, and it worked. If you get "An error has occurred" message the problem is likely not in the homebrew/save.
I think the error was due to me removing the save as a precuation before starting the injection title, I guess it needs the generated save as basis. I've been able to inject saves into my flash save games now, but the SRAM games (CV AoS, MMBN3 Blue) still refuse even though I did the exact same procedure as with the flash games.

Sometimes, and it always happened with the SRAM titles, FBI will be unable to overwrite a title and instead just deletes it so you have to fresh install it. Could that be the reason?

Pienkaito

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Can anyone help me? It won't start for me. Whenever I launch the programm on HBL, it simply crashes and brings me back to the HBL menu.

I am using AuReiNand CFW Sysnand + A9LH and have all the files on the SD. Launching the gateway browser didn't help.

Might as well mention, that I'm on the lastest firmware.

Last edited by Pienkaito,

BadBoyXxX

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've tested my edit on an updated A9LH sysnand (10.7) O3DS with a Riviera (U) rom, using AuReiNand 3.13 payload chainloader, and haven't found anything wrong with it, the dumped save runs perfectly on VBA.

I might have uploaded a faulty release though, so I've compiled and uploaded again. https://github.com/execfera/Agbsave9/releases/download/v1.0.1/Agbsave9.bin Please try it out.

and how can i injected the save? because my son have pokemon red fire but its no possible to edit the savegame :-(

Pienkaito

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Okay, so after digging through the thread I finally got the guide on how to make properly extract a agb_save for those who have A9LH.
  1. Start the game of your choice
  2. Take your SD card and rename Agbsave9.bin to arm9loaderhax.bin (Do not replace; Keep your previous arm9loaderhax.bin)
  3. Turn your 3DS on and start dumping.
  4. Presto! Your agb_save should be on the root of your SD
  5. To get your CFW working again, just replace the renamed agbsave9.bin with your previous arm9loaderhax.bin

seb5049

Trophies
XP
Country
Worked like a charm to move my Pokemon Emerald save from the MyBoy Android GBA emulator to my 3DS! I used NX.Pkmn2's instructions for dumping the save.

pedriterman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
what i have to do when i dumped the save of the 3ds? im sutck in the gen rom step
The dump is just to know ID and save tape ( or to dump your 3ds save )

To insert an external save, you need to put it on the same folder than gen rom, follow steps and create the cia.

Install that cia (overwritting the las one)

Go to your SD and you will see 1 or 2 folders with random numbers

Go into the smaller one

Go to the folder in that one

Go into title/0040000

Go into the folder matching the title id

Go to data and copy the .sav

Reinstall the original game, go to SD again and overwrite that .sav with the previous one

alex61194

Trophies
XP
Country
The dump is just to know ID and save tape ( or to dump your 3ds save )

To insert an external save, you need to put it on the same folder than gen rom, follow steps and create the cia.

Install that cia (overwritting the las one)

Go to your SD and you will see 1 or 2 folders with random numbers

Go into the smaller one

Go to the folder in that one

Go into title/0040000

Go into the folder matching the title id

Go to data and copy the .sav

Reinstall the original game, go to SD again and overwrite that .sav with the previous one

ok i get blue screen saying agb save injector and dont let me do nothing (somos los dos españoles te hablo por privado mejor?)

Cilerba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting an error stating my save data must be aligned to 64K. I'm trying to inject a Pokémon Emerald .sav and I can see that it's been done but how are people getting around this?

the assaf

Trophies
XP
Country
ok i get blue screen saying agb save injector and dont let me do nothing (somos los dos españoles te hablo por privado mejor?)
That is what should happen. Now go to you sd card->Nintendo 3DS folder-> sysNAND folders->search for a folder named like your game ID. Now backup the data folder. go back to your 3ds, uninstall the agb inject via, reinstall your gba game cia. Go to the same folder on your sd card and replace existing data folder with the one you had backuped before. Profit.

Cilerba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually now I'm getting a .cia created but it's giving me an error about a common key and saying the .cia isn't encrypted.

oFire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need someone who has done this stuff to write a guide that explains step by step exactly how you go about injecting a GBA .sav file into the 3ds VC version of the same GBA game. If its too complicated for a step by step, then I most likely wont mess with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFe0CCeTDd8