Homebrew [Pre-release] Agbsave9 - Tool to extract agb_firm saves.

Argentlan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
https://github.com/alex34567/Agbsave9/releases/tag/v0.2.2
Here is a step by step guide. It was working fine for me with Mario Kart Super Circuit. Now I hope for Eeprom saves support to continue my Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga savegame.

the problem is, following the guide i suppose the generated cia it should have the same title id from the game I wanna inject, but my cias always have a 00ffbb00 title id with a fire emblem sacred stones banner and when I open it it give me a error, so I don't know what to do after install the fakegame cia
I detailed my problem here
SOLVED: using this Build

Last edited by Argentlan,

gl1mml1ng

Trophies
Website
tuetenmensch.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
the problem is, following the guide i suppose the generated cia was to have the same title id from the game I wanna inject, but my cias aways have a 00ffbb00 title id with a fire emblem sacred stones banner and when I open it it give me a error, so I don't know what to do after install the fakegame cia
http://gbatemp.net/threads/pre-rele...act-agb_firm-saves.410684/page-3#post-6018069

Here is the post with the downloadlink for the version, where you get a proper titleid.

Reactions: Argentlan

Argentlan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
http://gbatemp.net/threads/pre-rele...act-agb_firm-saves.410684/page-3#post-6018069

Here is the post with the downloadlink for the version, where you get a proper titleid.
OK, now I made a cia with the same id, replaced the original game, and now it have a Sacred Stones banner
by "4. Run the program" I dunno he is talking about the homebrew or the fakegame cia, in homebrew it is saying only dump yet
in fakegame it runs the normal game '-'
I think it is because I use RxTools and don't have a patched AGB_FIRM maybe?
EDIT: the problem is I was trying to install in emunand

the assaf

Trophies
XP
Country
OK, now I made a cia with the same id, replaced the original game, and now it have a Sacred Stones banner
by "4. Run the program" I dunno he is talking about the homebrew or the fakegame cia, in homebrew it is saying only dump yet
Run the cia. Make sure you are on rxmode sysNAND

M-DitzyDoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is probably going to be a wonderful tool once I manage to make it past step one.
...I am clearly missing something that is likely entirely obvious, but my attempts to even boot it up has only briefly reunited me with my old friend the red flash. Least I'm trying on the sysnand this time, so that's one thing to mark off the list.

gl1mml1ng

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Gambia, The
He means the prepared cia with the injected savegame. Start it and when you see this screen, shutdown your 3ds.

2HGuplr6

Then you can follow the instructions with step 6.

And as the assaf has written, please do it in sysnand (rxtools devmode).

noctis90210

Trophies
XP
Country
will it be possible in future to see a version that is automated without the need of PC? extract inject directly using only a 3ds? thanks and have a nice day...

Argentlan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Run the cia. Make sure you are on rxmode sysNAND
He means the prepared cia with the injected savegame. Start it and when you see this screen, shutdown your 3ds.

2HGuplr6

Then you can follow the instructions with step 6.

And as the assaf has written, please do it in sysnand (rxtools devmode).
I was trying to install in emunand :rofl2:
now I installed in sysnand, but all is going fine until I have to restore the data folder...
when I restore folder, the game sudden turn back in fakegame injector o.o but without the "AGB_INJ" ID, I tried by devmen and FBI (sometimes FBI give me a error and when I press home the 3DS turns off, turn on again in sysnand rxmode and all my custom cias are gone, but my devmen is in Health&Safety app so it keeps working, when I reinstall any cia by it all my custom cias are back, weird..)

gl1mml1ng

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I was trying to install in emunand :rofl2:
now I installed in sysnand, but all is going fine until I have to restore the data folder...
when I restore folder, the game sudden turn back in fakegame injector o.o but without the "AGB_INJ" ID, I tried by devmen and FBI (sometimes FBI give me a error and when I press home the 3DS turns off, turn on again in sysnand rxmode and all my custom cias are gone, but my devmen is in Health&Safety app so it keeps working, when I reinstall any cia by it all my custom cias are back, weird..)
Normally FBI will ask you to confirm with A, when you replace a title with the same id. So your prepared cia should be fully replaced with the game cia. I can't say what's wrong with your setup. May we can see, when you describe step by step, what you did.

gl1mml1ng

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Gambia, The
could someone kindly write some clearer instructions as to where to begin? Would I need an existing save on my 3ds for the gba game I wish to inject another save with?
You need to know only the title id and the savetype (sram or flash) to generate a prepared savegame cia.

Can you describe, where the instructions by the OP are not clear? Then he could update them in the first post to make the process simpler.

Argentlan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Normally FBI will ask you to confirm with A, when you replace a title with the same id. So your prepared cia should be fully replaced with the game cia. I can't say what's wrong with your setup. May we can see, when you describe step by step, what you did.
I think, I've found your mistake. You seem to backup and restore the complete <titleid> folder. But you have to do this only with the "data" folder inside of the <titleid> folder. That is the folder with the prepared sav file, which we need.

Ok, Here goes step by step, I'm trying to inject a Mother 3 Save
here is the data agb_dump give me

System version 9.x
Title id 00c31900
Use save type 1
Creating agb_dump.sav ...
Save Dump: succeeded!

so I used this build to make the fakecia game using the title id and save type above
Open FBI in sysnand RxMode, install the fake cia, it ask me to overwrite, I press A
bot_0000.png
run the fake cia and it show "AGB_FIRM save injector" I turn off my 3ds and turn on again
copy the /Nintendo 3DS/sysnandlot/ofnumbers/title/0004000/00c31900 to a backup folder by CTRXplorer
run FBI again and installed Mother 3 normal cia it ask me to overwrite again, I press A ( Apparently the error of FBI that gone all my cia in sysnand is because I moved the folder when backuping, now that I just copy it's ok)
the game looks normal, the product code is now CTR-N-A3UJ

top_0003.png

I move back the backup to 00040000 folder
now the game changed the banner to sacred stones '-' and runs "AGB_FIRM save injector" again

top_0004.png

bot_0002.png
[/quote]

Attachments

• bot_0001.png
    bot_0001.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 363
Reactions: CatmanFan

gl1mml1ng

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok, Here goes step by step, I'm trying to inject a Mother 3 Save
here is the data agb_dump give me

System version 9.x
Title id 00c31900
Use save type 1
Creating agb_dump.sav ...
Save Dump: succeeded!

so I used this build to make the fakecia game using the title id and save type above
Open FBI in sysnand RxMode, install the fake cia, it ask me to overwrite, I press A
run the fake cia and it show "AGB_FIRM save injector" I turn off my 3ds and turn on again
copy the /Nintendo 3DS/sysnandlot/ofnumbers/title/0004000/00c31900 to a backup folder by CTRXplorer
run FBI again and installed Mother 3 normal cia it ask me to overwrite again, I press A ( Apparently the error of FBI that gone all my cia in sysnand is because I moved the folder when backuping, now that I just copy it's ok)
the game looks normal, the product code is now CTR-N-A3UJ

View attachment 37727

I move back the backup to 00040000 folder
now the game changed the banner to sacred stones '-' and runs "AGB_FIRM save injector" again

View attachment 37728
I think, I've found your mistake. You seem to backup and restore the complete <titleid> folder. But you have to do this only with the "data" folder inside of the <titleid> folder. That is the folder with the prepared sav file, which we need.

Argentlan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
IT JUST FINALLY WORKED, thank you very much
and about the tutorial I think it could be more "for dummies"
like specifying that you have to install python3 to make the fake cia, have to install the fakecia in sysnand, only backup de data folder etc

the assaf

Trophies
XP
Country
Release v0.9 https://github.com/alex34567/Agbsave9/releases/tag/v0.9.
This release works with(hopefully) all flash and sram games
Changes include:
Port the cakerop fix from Decrypt9.
Fix the error some flash games where having (like Rockman EXE 4.5 Real Operation).
Uses makerom for reliable injection.
I managed to build my CIA and I followed the instructions, but after the process nothing happens, and my game is starting a new save. I tried 4 times to inject the save, with the same results, can someone help me?
same results. trying to inject Final Fantasy V advance save game that I backuped with DS lite. help??

DeltaDragoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally got it to work with my Pokemon Emerald save, however Fire Emblem still has not worked, so I'm assuming its an EEPROM game. Great work, though! Keep it up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nah we have well established 401ks health insurance and paid daily