Homebrew [Pre-release] Agbsave9 - Tool to extract agb_firm saves.

the assaf

Trophies
XP
Country
Are you using Python 3? The fact you have to use quotes suggest you aren't, as I made the same mistake. Download it from here: https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-351/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I had the same "SD Card has been removed" error. I believe the fix was to reboot the 3ds after installing/uninstalling each CIA. Did you try that? It's also possible that something else caused it, although I have tried once more using that method and it worked.
Thank you, installing python 3 did the work! However, I managed to build my CIA and I followed the instructions, but after the process nothing happens, and my game is starting a new save. I tried 4 times to inject the save, with the same results, can someone help me?

DeltaDragoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I decided to try again, but this time with Pokemon Emerald and not Fire Emblem. I made the injection cia, installed it in the sysNAND, ran it from the emuNAND, but the injecting message never popped up, it just left a blank blue screen. Is this a bug or did I do something wrong?

Last edited by DeltaDragoon,

the assaf

Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone tell me how it works? because I don't see a title selection anywhere
AFAIK, the gba vc saves don't saves its data to just SD, but also to part of the NAND called agb_sav. the 3dsx homebrew backups the save from the 3ds nand. The injection is encrypted and protected, so to inject the savegame you need to install fake gba game that will only save its data to agb_sav and SD.

Reactions: Argentlan

Argentlan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
AFAIK, the gba vc saves don't saves its data to just SD, but also to part of the NAND called agb_sav. the 3dsx homebrew backups the save from the 3ds nand. The injection is encrypted and protected, so to inject the savegame you need to install fake gba game that will only save its data to agb_sav and SD.
so to inject it will overwrite my game with a fakegame, inject my save and then I install the real game again?
and i'm putting agb_dump.sav in gem_rom.py but it gives a error
2016-02-01.png
SOLVED: just install python 3

Last edited by Argentlan,

DeltaDragoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so to inject it will overwrite my game with a fakegame, inject my save and then I install the real game again?
and i'm putting agb_dump.sav in gem_rom.py but it gives a error
View attachment 37300

First off, you should be using the save file of the save you want to inject, not the dumped save file from the 3DS, and the save file you need should be either in .SAV or .DAT format. Secondly, you need to enter the whole filename of the save, for example "emerald.SAV" for my Pokemon Emerald save I want to inject.

Does this means I can retrieve the saves I have in my Emunand and inject them on my Sysnand? I've been looking for this for so long!

Why would you even do that? You can't play installed GBA games from the sysNAND.

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
Why would you even do that? You can't play installed GBA games from the sysNAND.
I'm pretty sure it's the opposite, you can only play GBA games on the Sysnand, and even when you play them on Emunand, it requires you to have it installed on the Sysnand too (which is the one the console uses even on Emunand).

I had legit ambassador games before CFW or Gateway was a thing, when Gateway's Emunand was released I transferred my old console's nand with the ambassador games to the Gateway's Emunand on my new console, so my GBA and DSiWare games got stuck in there. When the AGB_Firm patch was released I could reinstall them on the Sysnand but it didn't have my old savefiles.

Reactions: d4mation

Argentlan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
First off, you should be using the save file of the save you want to inject, not the dumped save file from the 3DS, and the save file you need should be either in .SAV or .DAT format. Secondly, you need to enter the whole filename of the save, for example "emerald.SAV" for my Pokemon Emerald save I want to inject.
I want to inject the dumped one, I had dump, open in my emulator make alterations and then tried to inject back in 3ds, but instead to change my save file name I changed my rom to agb_dump to load in emulator
and I have entered the whole save name

2016-02-01 (3).png
SOLVED:Just install python 3

the assaf

Trophies
XP
Country
I want to inject the dumped one, I had dump, open in my emulator make alterations and then tried to inject back in 3ds, but instead to change my save file name I changed my rom to agb_dump to load in emulator
and I have entered the whole save name

make sure you are using python 3, solved all my problems, if you will use quotes like that: "mother3.sav" it may work, but then another problem will occur

Argentlan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
make sure you are using python 3, solved all my problems, if you will use quotes like that: "mother3.sav" it may work, but then another problem will occur
OK it worked now!!!
but what I put in save type? mother 3 have a Flash 512k type but how did I write this?
and the other save types, and how did all of you figured it out, because I didn't see this in anywhere explaining o.o
just in the download link but it is not explaned very well...

the assaf

Trophies
XP
Country
OK it worked now!!!
but what I put in save type? mother 3 have a Flash 512k type but how did I write this?
and the other save types, and how did all of you figured it out, because I didn't see this in anywhere explaining o.o
just in the download link but it is not explaned very well...
I think SRAM is 0, and flash memory is 1, I know because looked a bit in the source code. However, I might be wrong, as I never managed to succeed

Argentlan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
[SOLVED: by using this build and I was trying to install in emunand, just install in sysnand, but I have another problem now :P]

I realized that it was launched a winfix version,
HNI_0074.JPG

and this is what the new fake game is showing when I try to open it
IMG_20160202_202010_HDR.jpg

I run the gen_rom.py in Linux and it have the same results as the winfix

Ok, now I could make the cia File,
actually the agb_dump already tells you what save type is your game (my bad, that is in tutorial)

System version 9.x
Title id 00c31900
Use save type 1
Creating agb_dump.sav ...
Save Dump: succeeded!

Press B to return, START to reboot.

I had overwrited the original game with the fake one in FBI (I tried by DevMen too),
bot_0000.png
bot_0001.png
is that normal?
I tried to back in the agb_dump homebrew after opened the fake game in hope of appears a option like "agb_inject" but there is only a dump option yet
I tried in both emunand and sysnand... nothing seens to work

Argentlan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I realized that it was launched a winfix version,
but that version aways install a fire emblem sacred stones 00ffbb00 fake game
EDIT2: I run the gen_rom.py in Linux and it have the same results as the winfix
Ok, now I co...
so, anyone can tell me what exactly I do after install the cia?
if I made the cia the right way..

gl1mml1ng

Trophies
Website
tuetenmensch.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: That's a relief to hear. Do you know what happened?