RELEASE PPSSPP Switch Standalone Beta

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by m4xw, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Techjunky90

Techjunky90 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    That overclock is exclusive to the sx installer and has no impact on games or homebrew.

MacBlaster likes this.
  2. omgidfc

omgidfc Member

Newcomer
    May 14, 2017
    United States
    Really wish someone else would take a hack at FFIV and see if they have slowdown's whenever an enemy dies. Going to try Retroarch overclocked but I really wanted to use the standalone PPSSPP for this...

3. Riggan

Riggan Member

Newcomer
    Aug 1, 2019
    United States
    I went back to RetroArch and enabled threaded video. That solved the issue of enemies dying practically killing the Switch. Also, going back to RA, that strange "audio popping" issue wasn't present.

4. omgidfc

omgidfc Member

Newcomer
    May 14, 2017
    United States
    Yeah I went back to RA too, overclocked to the tier before the max, and it works fine. The video will still crap out on you if you go nuts with alternate speeds for grinding, but a simple save and restart fixes the issues.

I guess we'll wait for improvements to the core and standalone and see which one has the most compatibility in the future. Thanks to all you guys for the help!

5. megahog2012

megahog2012 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2012
    United States
    Hey is it possible to add textures to the games on here as well or no?

6. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 3, 2018
    United States
    Yeah they go in the same textures folder inside the PSP folder.

7. megahog2012

megahog2012 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2012
    United States
    Thanks man

8. grcd

grcd Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    This will sound ridiculous, but I am still not able to follow this recommendation. Do we just hold R when starting any game? Is there a preparation method before hand? Or is it holding R while in the Gallery/HBL?

9. stick267

stick267 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 17, 2018
    United States
    Hold R when starting a Switch game (BOTW, Odyssey, Smash, etc.). Keep holding it the entire time while it loads, even if you have to choose a user to launch the game with. That will open up the Homebrew Menu. Then you can launch PPSSPP from there.

10. FightingPolygon

FightingPolygon Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2016
    United States
    Or just install the homebrew menu NSP lol no headaches https://gbatemp.net/threads/homebrew-menu-loader-legal-nsp.518433/

@grcd

11. m4xw
    OP

m4xw Ancient Deity

May 25, 2018
    Germany
    uyjulian and pinbi7 like this.
  12. magelof

magelof Member

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2006
    United States
    I'm unfortunately receiving the "The software was closed because an error occurred" error when I try to play any game.

I boot into hbmenu by holding R and selecting a regular game, choose the PPsspp app and select an iso, it starts and I get into the game running smoothly, but it eventually crashes with the "The software was closed because an error occurred" error shortly after it begins. Any advice? My sd card is formatted exfat for reference. Thanks in advance for any advice- I'm trying with tony hawk underground 2

13. pinbi7

pinbi7 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 4, 2004
    Canada
    Just like any homebrew fat32 is recommended

Psp iso never exceed 1.8 gig

Last edited by pinbi7, Aug 11, 2019
  14. athedbzfan

athedbzfan Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2011
    United States
    I've gotten everything working and can play Hexys Force and Tactics Ogre just fine, however when trying to play Monster hunter portable 3rd and Phantasy Start Online 2, the game crashes and I get the "The software was closed because an error occurred." error screen. Any Ideas.

15. FightingPolygon

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2016
    United States
    It's literally just a forwarder, it's not like that NSP Retroarch had that would load its own nro as opposed to loading the one in the switch directory, a forwarder saves you button presses and just loads the nro directly from the switch directory with the extra RAM so it's not like there are any self imposed downsides here like with Retroarch *almost runs out of breath*

16. wicksand420

wicksand420 GBAtemp Addict

Nov 13, 2016
    United States
    read this

PPSSPP Standalone Switch Public Beta by m4xw
    ============================================

This is the first Standalone Release for PPSSPP.
    It's based on my libretro port with some few distinctions:

-Includes a GLES2 and GL version (use GLES2 for GTA's or other troubling games, otherwise GL version is always recommended as it's far more stable and bug free).
    -JIT improvements (should now work on all Horizon version), masking is no longer required, thus JIT masking bugs are a thing of the past (will be backported to the libretro ver. this week).
    -All config files reside in /switch/ppsspp/, the path can not be changed for the time being.
    -You can copy your PPSSPP files from /retroarch/cores/savefiles/PPSSPP/ (savefiles are compatible, savestates are NOT, however I will add a export option to the Core soon-ish).

Note:

-Due to a toolchain Issue, starting like 15~ games in a row might lead to a crash, your mileage might vary depending of the number of JIT buffer allocations

Installation Instructions

Drag & drop the switch folder to the root of your SD, overwriting every file.
    If you don't copy my controls.ini, you will need to remap your controls as it defaults to keyboard values.
    Assets are bundled, so you don't have to bother with that.
    In-Game Menu Hotkey is L3

DONT. USE. ALBUM.
    Just don't...

Notes
    -If you are using ANY method of loading PPSSPP OTHER than Atmosphere's title redirection feature, DO NOT report issues that you encounter.
    -Don't use NSP's.
    -After upstreaming, this port will likely become the official

Support

17. FightingPolygon

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2016
    United States
    I was talking about HBL tho

18. wicksand420

wicksand420 GBAtemp Addict

Nov 13, 2016
    United States
    I know, but it expressly says don't use nsp's, its cool man, he's just saying not to suggest unsupported stuff.

19. m4xw
    OP

m4xw Ancient Deity

May 25, 2018
    Germany
    kek. Don't use forwarders.
    It has the exact same Issues as RA in that sense

20. MacBlaster

MacBlaster Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2009
    Brazil
    people, should i ask a favor? Someone can test Sid Meiers Pirates! please?

Could you try pass the setup part (where you choose nationality etc) and go to the map where you sail etc? My PPSSPP crash after the map load happens (after the pirate flag).

I want know if is a issue of this version of PPSSPP, my CFW or my ROM File (works well on PPSSPP for android).

Thx in advance.
    (sorry for the poor english).