Hardware [PPOTW #31] 2 years later, have you got a Vita?

2 years later, have you got a Vita?

• Yes - Original

Votes: 233 34.5%
  • Yes - Slim

Votes: 13 1.9%
  • Yes - Vita TV (import)

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • No - Waiting for Slim model

Votes: 44 6.5%
  • No - Waiting for Vita TV

Votes: 19 2.8%
  • No - No intention of buying any model

Votes: 331 49.0%
  • Other (Please Specify)

Votes: 45 6.7%

• Total voters

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I don't see why one would accuse Sony of "sucking at first party" on the PSVita when they've released games from most of their big name franchises on it - there's KillZone: Mercenary, LittleBigPlanet Vita, ModNation Racers: Road Trip, Everybody's Golf, Invizimals, Jak & Daxter Collection, Motorstorm RC, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, Ratchet & Clank: QForce/Full Frontal Assault, Resistance: Burning Skies, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, WipeOut 2048, MLB: The Show 12, 13 and 14. On top of that, there's a slew of new IP's like Soul Sacrifice, Gravity Rush, Escape Plan, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Tearaway and so on. There's more Sony first-party on the way - Freedom Wars, God of War Collection, PSVita Pets, Sly Trilogy, Soul Sacrifice Delta and more. If there's one thing you can't say about the PSVita then it's that it lacks first party content.

As far as the Indies are concerned, I'm pretty sure that the PSVita has a better offering of those than the 3DS - there's Hotline Miami, Limbo, Thomas Was Alone, Spelunky, Stealth Inc.: A Clone in the Dark, Velocity Ultra and so on with more on the way, like Hohokum, Fez, Rogue Legacy, The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, Switch Galaxy or Minecraft. Indies are another area where the PSVita excells.

I'm not one for list wars, believe me, I just wanted to point these two things out. :P

You've given more fuel to the side of me that wants to buy a Vita (especially the bit about indie titles). Props. ;)

Punkonjunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
The memory card thing is to prevent piracy and to make up for selling the console at loss.

Edit: also there are 64gb cards that you can import from Japan.

Yeah, to make up for selling at a loss.
You know what other systems sold at a loss? Tons. The original PSP did, PS3, and both xbox iterations, if I recall; the plan was to recoup on game sales.
recouping losses on your new platform via a peripheral MOST attractive to a download/digital purchaser (who is ALREADY saving cash you on manufacturing)
if they were 10-20 bucks more than a class 6 microSD of the same size, I'd be grumpy, but not enraged. We both know that by this point, hardware costs are dropping. 2 years later, you know? They are also dropping the OLED completely in favor of LCD, which, again, savings!

64gb vita card: http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Vita-Memory-Card-64GB-PCH-Z641J/dp/B00F27JGVA
and a 64gb class TEN microSD: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1EK0Y74946

The anti-piracy shpiel is just BS. A proprietary content manager for a proprietary card cannot possibly offer anything over real good encryption. (3DS has drag and drop via SD, and I'm assuming a crack for the content manager must exist if psp-mode hacks work, there has to be some way to transfer psp stuff in, etc.)

Honestly, I don't see why one would accuse Sony of "sucking at first party" on the PSVita when they've released games from most of their big name franchises on it - there's KillZone: Mercenary, LittleBigPlanet Vita, ModNation Racers: Road Trip, Everybody's Golf, Invizimals, Jak & Daxter Collection, Motorstorm RC, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, Ratchet & Clank: QForce/Full Frontal Assault, Resistance: Burning Skies, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, WipeOut 2048, MLB: The Show 12, 13 and 14. On top of that, there's a slew of new IP's like Soul Sacrifice, Gravity Rush, Escape Plan, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Tearaway and so on. There's more Sony first-party on the way - Freedom Wars, God of War Collection, PSVita Pets, Sly Trilogy, Soul Sacrifice Delta and more. If there's one thing you can't say about the PSVita then it's that it lacks first party content.

As far as the Indies are concerned, I'm pretty sure that the PSVita has a better offering of those than the 3DS - there's Hotline Miami, Limbo, Thomas Was Alone, Spelunky, Stealth Inc.: A Clone in the Dark, Velocity Ultra and so on with more on the way, like Hohokum, Fez, Rogue Legacy, The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, Switch Galaxy or Minecraft. Indies are another area where the PSVita excells.

I'm not one for list wars, believe me, I just wanted to point these two things out. :P

A couple of those look great, and are what are pushing me towards it! Rather than lacking third party content, I am probably just bitter they haven't continued with the patapon and loco roco series specifically, because hot shit did I love those games to death.
BoI rebirth alone is almost enough, and I'm still holding out hope that Tiy and the starbound team will make some promises for vita. I have a lot of interest, and when the bundle rolls out I will seriously consider it... again.... especially if they wise up and consider a reasonable reduction in card prices. but it is real hard for me to not be grumpy at sony.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Anfroid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't own one, but I decided I want to get one but I'm going to wait for good deal. Although there are only 6 games I currently want for it. not sure if I should get the old model or wait for the new model

Arwen20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I placed my pre-order for a psp vita slim yesterday. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on a vita. I feel like there are finally some good games available for it.

CompassNorth

Denko (´・ω・`)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ragnarok Odyssey Ace
Gravity Rush
Soul Sacrifice
Dragon's Crown
Wipeout 2048
Muramasa Rebirth
LittleBigPlanet PS Vita
Persona 4: Golden
Atelier Meruru Plus

I will get the Slim once I get a job

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Waiting for better pricing, waiting for new model to come out.
Not a lot of things that interest me too in it atm, maybe only 5 games I really want to play. That's not enough

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Other - I'm poor ATM.
But in all honesty, I'm waiting for more games (that I'm interested in) to come out.
All I care about ATM is:
Little Big Planet
Persona 4: Golden
and Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (didn't get it for the 3ds because of the god damn bug).

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Other: No plans to buy one, but if something I thought really looked good came out for it (or it got totally hacked to shit) and I had the spare dough, I'd probably consider it.

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
Got my Vita Slim today & the 64 GB memory card.
I'll probably upload some photos later.

Atm the screen is in my opinion better than the original one I had. It look A LOT better than on photos found on internet and youtube.

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
Just bought the vita slim :)

cefca

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm waiting till i can get one for 50 bux used on craigslist like i did with my phatty psp. but in general i have any real interest in obtaining one.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have the original Vita. I might consider swapping OLED one to Slim Vita, due to larger Start and Select buttons. Though my real interest is Vita TV.

and Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (didn't get it for the 3ds because of the god damn bug).
Not only that but 3DS version has inferior audio and video. The audio portion is very bad. I have the 3DS version and I truly regret buying it over the Vita.

If you like Zero Escape you should pick up Dangan Ronpa too.

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Not only that but 3DS version has inferior audio and video. The audio portion is very bad. I have the 3DS version and I truly regret buying it over the Vita.

If you like Zero Escape you should pick up Dangan Ronpa too.
Thank for the info, I was so close to buying the digital 3ds version (seeing as it's only 12€ now.) I think I'll hold onto the cash for something else. I checked Dangan Ronpa too, seems interesting. I'll give it a go before I buy it.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
At first, I wasn't too interested in the Vita. It wasn't the games that kept me away, it was the hardware.. but that was at release. Now, they have a Slim model, and I can play some PSO 2 on it with my PC character.. Plus Sly Cooper, Killzone, Toukiden and Dynasty Warriors 8 Complete kind of drove me to the purchase of a 2000. Don't care for the OLED, as it's not a buying point for me..

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes I have a PSVita 3G/Wifi model had it on ore-order since November 2011 it came in February 2012. I'm not a great fan though :(

Mira

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
yes and i regret it.....still i'll keep it....the only way i'm selling it it's if i could earn from it which won't happen of course....how it's the saying....on the ship,down with it....still just hoping that hacks are coming soon...

vbkun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just got a vita original +32gb card one week in a good deal, even thou i keep reading people 'blabling' around that vita has no games.

It's library is pretty much solid, not huge but solid, and imho its still beating of the 3ds in titles (i mean, what's the point of having tons of first p. exclusives like 3ds, if it lacks almost any support from 3rds?) [just quoting 3ds here 'cause the main reason I'm getting a vita is the lack of 3rd parts on it and those TONS of mario this, mario that, mario don't, mario whatever, yoshi and mario, toad and mario, super smash mario... etc, that is all i'm feeling nintendo can release ¬¬]

Plus its a 2 years old console, not 8, sony has still plenty of time to save it and the competition aint so tuff this turn :3 (i just hope they try to ¬¬)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back