Homebrew RELEASE pPlay: switch video player

Shiesty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This has been a really great player mostly. Had a few issues today though.

I deleted some old vids and put some new ones on my memory card. It repeatedly crashed on startup. There were a ton of files in the cache folder so I deleted all of them and now it works again.

Also the side menus sometimes come up in all white backgrounds with white text and are nearly impossible to read.

Folder names and file names are scrunching together as well.

Other than this it is working quite well.

Thanks!

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
@cpasjuste is it possible to have an option to force a full screen I know some Blu-ray rips don’t come full screen it would make a nice change.

I’ve been using this app lots over the Christmas period just thought you would like too know thank you.

Last edited by Reecey,

cpasjuste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@cpasjuste is it possible to have an option to force a full screen I know some Blu-ray rips don’t come full screen it would make a nice change.

I’ve been using this app lots over the Christmas period just thought you would like too know thank you.
Yes sure, I can easily add that, and will. Unfortunately (for the contest for example :) ), I'm very busy as I'm moving to a new home this weekend. But I'll add this and other request as soon as possible (may be a week or two).

cirojr82

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Congratulations for the good work, since this is the initial releases I think it's pretty promising. I had some crashes in a 1080p file but in the future I think this will be an awesome homebrew. By the way, the video on Switch screen looks gorgeous.

If i may add one request, it would be samba server. I know about the http server support but I've never messed around with one.

Does anyone here know a good http server for RaspberryPi that I could try?

Last edited by cirojr82,

freakzilla5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Man everything you release just oozes quality. What an excellent addition to switch homebrew library.

About general feedback if you are adding to this in the future : an option to switch the aspect ratio for older videos, touch controls. Seeking through videos feels a bit clunky atm, if you set the seekbar to pop up with Up on the D-Pad/analog it would be a little more natural imo. Maybe also map the rewind+fastforward controls to the L/ZL and R/ZR buttons as an additional option.

Reactions: cpasjuste

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Karones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey, my switch crashes after like 1 frame of video, i'm not sure if it's too demanding or if it's the homebrew launcher, could anyone help me?
I'm using ReiNX 2.0 with the homebrew from their site, the videos are h264 @ 3445kb/s, 1280x720; the audio is ac3 @ 384kb/s, 48000 hz

cpasjuste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey, my switch crashes after like 1 frame of video, i'm not sure if it's too demanding or if it's the homebrew launcher, could anyone help me?
I'm using ReiNX 2.0 with the homebrew from their site, the videos are h264 @ 3445kb/s, 1280x720; the audio is ac3 @ 384kb/s, 48000 hz
Hi, try setting the buffer option to very low, or better use the nsp HBL linked in first post to launch pPlay and set a high buffer option.

Else, sorry for not updating the app past week, I'm actually busy with real life, but I do listen to your request. I'll have more time starting next week. My first shot will be fixing the audio desynchronization after seeking in some medias.

Last edited by cpasjuste,

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Anyone knows how to build a proper http server for pPlay? I tried xampp but pPlays always complains about my server (it has directory listing enabled btw).

tyler004

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I find that video recoded to 720x404 .mkv works perfect, anytime I tried 1280x720 crashed my switch to on sx os

cpasjuste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I find that video recoded to 720x404 .mkv works perfect, anytime I tried 1280x720 crashed my switch to on sx os

So far I've only tried 1080p with no luck. Crashes. Going to try lower quality.

I'm almost sure you are not using the nsp HBL linked in first post (and in the readme, if you ever read it).

Csmrcc

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Today i tested the app, awesome.

Just for the record (switch os 6.1, reinx, from hb.nsp):
- with two short videoclips (mkv and mp4) the first time i played the mkv it crashed, i tried again and then all works, idk.
- i created a folder with 5 films, when trying to open it the app crash, then i made a folder for each one of them and then no problems playing all of them. I guess it was too heavy to scan.

Thanks for the effort!

Last edited by Csmrcc,
Reactions: mikifantastik98

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste