Hacking powersaves + sky3ds

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen it's worked for others

proof?

I have tired it with over 15 games and non of them work with sky3ds and power save.
I have gotten pokemon to read once, but when i try to write to it the software flips out.
Other then that it just keeps saying put in game.

So if you know something this show it

KhwajaKhan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You made my day... Unbelieveable that Powersaves can read Sky3DS... I didn't get it to work before because I didn't change to my retail card uniqueid. Now it works perfectly as a retail gamecard with the header I've just edited to.... :nds:

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats doesnt say much.

As said i gotten it to read pokemon and thats what they are saying. It will only read about 3 games.
That doesnt say it works on the other games out there

KhwajaKhan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
:nayps3: stupid powersave, work damn it!

It doesn't make sense. How does sky3ds work on 3ds but not powersaves, it just seems so illogical.

So you tried using it with private headers and it still didn't work??

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:nayps3: stupid powersave, work damn it!

It doesn't make sense. How does sky3ds work on 3ds but not powersaves, it just seems so illogical.

So you tried using it with private headers and it still didn't work??
Yea i dump my pokemon x header with power save and put it into my sky3ds rom.
Didnt work.

To tell the truth i think the reason the 3ds can read the sky and not the powersave. Is due to voltage.
It seems like the powersave doesnt output enough power to fully power up the sky3ds. So its not reading it correctly.

When i gotten it to read the game that one time.
I did a fast switch.

Power up 3ds, press sky3ds button to switch game, once it switch i took it right out and put it into the power save.
It read the game and try to work but 3 seconds later it went back to telling me to put in a game.

This was with SSBros

KhwajaKhan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm interesting, does it work with all roms like that?

Now that you mention it about the powersave hardware, I recall reading another thread that sky3ds works with cyber gadget, the powersave for japan. They were able to edit their saves on it.

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm interesting, does it work with all roms like that?

Now that you mention it about the powersave hardware, I recall reading another thread that sky3ds works with cyber gadget, the powersave for japan. They were able to edit their saves on it.

Well pokemon trys to load but flips between "put in game" and backup save screen. Does this with and without private header

SSBros with priavte header and a fast switch (as said in other post)
Will flip between the " save data screen", "put in game" screen and "unsurrposted game" screen.

While other games just mainly flips between "put in game" and "unsurrported game"

But i really do think its just not supplying enough power to fully power the sky3ds.

Idk if the cyber gadget will work or not. I was going to get one to trst but it cost around $60 which is 3 times the price i paid for my powersave. Also i have a feeling it will only work woth Japaness games.

The i was going to get an r4i save donge. But a few people have said that it would only work on old retail games and probably wont even work on the sky3ds.

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Powersaves is starting to block Sky3DS. Although the Pokemon games still work, you just can't use the backup function.

D

Deleted-19228

Why would Datel block Sky3DS that doesn't even make sense or seem possible. Datel can do what Nintendo can't? WUT?

Osmosis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using blue button and powersaves when they pretty much were released. Over time certain games stopped being recognized and would blink Powersaves and prmpt "game not supported". At first I thought it was headers, but there's something else... so... yeah. Be careful. Sky3DS can be blocked.

Osmosis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it has something to do with powersaves using a server. The server isn't just checking headers but might also be checking for template and blocking it. I've tried makiing savedata to mSD and cycling past and back to game and inserting.

So far I can get Pokemon ORASXY to edit max amounts and such, but no backup not because it doesn't read, but because it corrupts your savedata.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the unknown hex byte? You would need private header. Chip ID properly configed, and maybe know the unknown hex. All would be needed to be patched into ROM AND TEMPLATE.

If that still doesn't work, then they're blocking the Sky3DS by other means. Which means Nintendon't is helping them...

KhwajaKhan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Garbage... I see now that's why I lost my save data. What have they to lose from blocking sky3ds if they were working independently. Nintendo helping them seems highly likely. If they have access to headers db and all the cart info, it only seems logical that they're either owned by them or have contracts with them. If you figure anything out keep us posted please.

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Garbage... I see now that's why I lost my save data. What have they to lose from blocking sky3ds if they were working independently. Nintendo helping them seems highly likely. If they have access to headers db and all the cart info, it only seems logical that they're either owned by them or have contracts with them. If you figure anything out keep us posted please.

I doubt it works like that. I have used mines offline and it works for real games as far as backing up and restoring saves.
So i dont think there working fully with nintendo.
I still think its a power problem.
It would make no sense for it to be able to read the game then flip out and say no game in there.

Now saying unsupported gives more reasoning for it to be a header problem and its not correctly reading the game.

D

Deleted-19228

I think it's not supplying enough power. When it does detect for a brief second it shows the saves I created for the same header game.

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I think it's not supplying enough power. When it does detect for a brief second it shows the saves I created for the same header game.

Powersaves can read Pokemon XY/ORAS or whatever game title with CARD2 save - 100%. Sometime it can read CARD1 games, 1% for me :D

powersaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For other games, when this happens to me, I am still able to back up and restore it just takes really quick clicking and possibly no-internet connection (I forget if I had to disconnect as well).

I've also been able to corrupt saves of 3DS games that don't allow you to delete/erase saves. Useful for tradein, but I've read this can possibly brick carts, but I've never experienced this nor have ever seen this.
Well pokemon trys to load but flips between "put in game" and backup save screen. Does this with and without private header

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...