Hacking Powersaves 3ds

Eddie McArdle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ill keep it short. Bought a brand new powersave dongle today, and a game to use. I created an account on CodeJunkies, and downloaded powersaves software. Anytime I try to log in to software (username, password, license key), details are unauthorised (License Key/email suspended) and I always get locked out for the next hour. Have waited and tried a few times with no luck still.

Details are DEFINITELY correct, and I've sent a support contact to the relevant team. But while I'm waiting on a response, anyone know of any fixes for this? It's driving me crazy trying to do such a simple thing, cheers.

MarioMasta64

hi. i make batch stuff and portable shiz
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Ill keep it short. Bought a brand new powersave dongle today, and a game to use. I created an account on CodeJunkies, and downloaded powersaves software. Anytime I try to log in to software (username, password, license key), details are unauthorised (License Key/email suspended) and I always get locked out for the next hour. Have waited and tried a few times with no luck still.

Details are DEFINITELY correct, and I've sent a support contact to the relevant team. But while I'm waiting on a response, anyone know of any fixes for this? It's driving me crazy trying to do such a simple thing, cheers.
well you essentially dont need the thing for something like save restore and saving but eh :/ i mostly used mine for oothax and save editing but i suppose you want cheatcodes and such so eh :/

Eddie McArdle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well you essentially dont need the thing for something like save restore and saving but eh :/ i mostly used mine for oothax and save editing but i suppose you want cheatcodes and such so eh :/

No not after cheat codes at all, I just need to use powersave the once so I can grab a private header from HXD after loading powersave into it with my cartridge in. It's a 2 minutes job but the simple log in won't work :z

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No not after cheat codes at all, I just need to use powersave the once so I can grab a private header from HXD after loading powersave into it with my cartridge in. It's a 2 minutes job but the simple log in won't work :z
aoh... you can extract header with decrypt9

MarioMasta64

hi. i make batch stuff and portable shiz
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
no need. just enter a valid login and put 000000000000000 as the code. and press cancel or something. i forget exactly what. i played around with it i think it just said invalid code then i pressed okay or something

Reactions: Eddie McArdle

Eddie McArdle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
no need. just enter a valid login and put 000000000000000 as the code. and press cancel or something. i forget exactly what. i played around with it i think it just said invalid code then i pressed okay or something

Had a quick try at that but again got the error where my email/license key is suspended for an hour :(

EDIT: Wait... I might just love you. My card has read into powersave and I'm able to find the name I set it to in HXD, I suppose it's just finding the header in HXD?! :) Thanks! (I think) :P

Last edited by Eddie McArdle,

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
That just a software I can grab online?

Follow 3DS.Guide as if you were hacking your device. You don't have to hack your device if you don't want to, but you should given that it's completely free and very easy.

Anyway if you don't want to hack it then just follow the guide up till the Decrypt9WIP part .. and when you're in D9 I'd imagine you can do the header thing. This is before you downgrade your console or do anything really at all so there's no risk of using D9 this way.

Reactions: Sonansune

Eddie McArdle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Looks like my cartridge has successfully booted with powersave, and I've named the backup. I'm able to search for it and find it in HXD too! :) Only thing is, I follow this tutorial https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-get-your-private-header-using-powersaves.385511/page-12 and I cant find anything similar to '00 00 00 88' or a huge row of "F's" or anything in HXD. I'm using the Steel Diver game he recommended. Anybody have an idea of what else I should look for?

D

Deleted-379826

Hope you get your problem fixed! Just wanted to let you know of something though. As of right now you can get CFW on any firmware without needing anything external. It will make all of this easier in the future and just benefit you more in general. Just giving options though! https://3ds.guide

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like my cartridge has successfully booted with powersave, and I've named the backup. I'm able to search for it and find it in HXD too! :) Only thing is, I follow this tutorial https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-get-your-private-header-using-powersaves.385511/page-12 and I cant find anything similar to '00 00 00 88' or a huge row of "F's" or anything in HXD. I'm using the Steel Diver game he recommended. Anybody have an idea of what else I should look for?
Look it up on YouTube how to extract private header the videos will show you better what to look for.
Note, don't use YouTube videos for anything cfw related. Just use it to extract private header.

Last edited by comput3rus3r,

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

You could just do what I said above. Follow the 3DS guide as if you were hacking it .. When you get to D9 you can dump your cart by navigating the menus. I just did it as a test to my Stickerstar and it took me like 10 seconds to do it .. Of course I have D9 already on my console as it's hacked, but as far as getting into D9 on a stock console goes it still only takes like 5-10 minutes.

But if you did hack your 3DS, you wouldn't even need the powersaves dongle for anything anymore .. Why not sell it?

Last edited by Distrance,

Eddie McArdle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You could just do what I said above. Follow the 3DS guide as if you were hacking it .. When you get to D9 you can dump your cart by navigating the menus. I just did it as a test to my Stickerstar and it took me like 10 seconds to do it .. Of course I have D9 already on my console as it's hacked, but as far as getting into D9 on a stock console goes it still only takes like 5-10 minutes.

But if you did hack your 3DS, you wouldn't even need the powersaves dongle for anything anymore .. Why not sell it?

I've got homebrew launcher working at the moment thanks :)

Just gonna do the temporary to get the header but thanks for the advice! Do I also need safehax and fasthax or do i stop at decrypt?

Quick question before I do the rest, am I still putting this stuff in the root of the SD Card in my 3DS (Decrypt. safehax, fasthax) or does anything need to go to the root of my SKY3DS sd card?

Last edited by Eddie McArdle,

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I've got homebrew launcher working at the moment thanks :)

Just gonna do the temporary to get the header but thanks for the advice! Do I also need safehax and fasthax or do i stop at decrypt?

Quick question before I do the rest, am I still putting this stuff in the root of the SD Card in my 3DS (Decrypt. safehax, fasthax) or does anything need to go to the root of my SKY3DS sd card?

But hacking your console fully would also let you have Homebrew but so much more. Meh I just don't know why people would not want to hack their 3DS. Especially if you're using Sky3DS .. Cia's don't even have headers so you wouldn't need to worry about them when running CFW, and Sky3DS doesn't still support SuMo .. among other things.

Anyway if you're following the 3DS guide then yes, first you run fasthax which allows safehax to work, and safehax is what launches Decrypt9.

Hacking the 3DS has nothing to do with Sky3DS so no, all files to the internal card.

Last edited by Distrance,

Eddie McArdle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
But hacking your console fully would also let you have Homebrew but so much more. Meh I just don't know why people would not want to hack their 3DS. Especially if you're using Sky3DS .. Cia's don't even have headers so you wouldn't need to worry about them when running CFW, and Sky3DS doesn't still support SuMo .. among other things.

Anyway if you're following the 3DS guide then yes, first you run fasthax which allows safehax to work, and safehax is what launches Decrypt9.

Hacking the 3DS has nothing to do with Sky3DS so no, all files to the internal card.

Might do with a little more experience, does seem like the more popular option! :)

And I'm in decrypt9 menu now :D sorry for the bother but do I take out my sky3DS and insert my retail cartridge while in the menu? If so then what? :z Thanks again for the help!

EDIT: I've gotten the cartridge dumped and have a .3DS version of it now! Guessing I just need software to view the header of the rom now?

Thanks very much for the help, appreciate it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs