Wannabe Artist
OP
Trophies
Website
www.lvlupart.com
XP
Country
Canada
This is my first news post so let me know if I did anything wrong.
Power-Jacket-MK3-1%25255B3%25255D.jpg

Sagawa Electronics Inc. created an exoskeleton that will be limited to five units priced at 12.5 million Yen (124,575 USD). It has no power source and it's purpose is to extend the human limbs. The materials used to make it are mostly carbon fiber and aluminum which help keep it's weight low at 25kg.

It’s called the Power Jacket MK3, and works exactly like the ones you’ve seen in all of the robot-heavy action flicks, with the movement of the human body controlling the mechanical arms, body and legs in real time - it really is an extension of the wearer's body, not just a figure of speech in this case.

I think this is a very neat product. The fact that it uses no power source and moves in real time is really appealing. I don't think it makes you stronger, it just extends your reach. Unfortunately, it's limited to 5 units so seeing one in person wont happen any time soon for me. Still, this is one of the first steps until we finally get fully operational gundams :tpi:
I love the idea of mechs, animes like Gundam Wing, and now a movie, Pacific Rim. Now, where do I sign?

Source
Japanese Source

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat