Hacking Power button not working

delt31

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Long time sx os user. Put game in dock mode and powered off no problem. Took out of dock and now the power button doesn't work. Nothing. Long press nothing

If I plug the switch into wall power it turns on by itself.. Same in dock

Works fine when on and it charges fine but I can't boot into sxos bc power doesn't work to press with volume

Any thoughts?

Last edited by delt31,

BigPanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I had this issue on SXOS 2.9.3 beta + Horizon OS 9.0.1

Updated SXOS using the Switch, then I restarted the switch with the auto-boot to SXOS. Then, the power button was not working.

Went back to SXOS 2.9.2 as I was afraid of updating Horizon OS to 9.1

Not sure if it is related to SXOS and FW 9.0.1, the auto-(re)boot auto SXOS functionality or maybe it is not even related to SXOS but I do not take any chance for now.

CanIHazWarez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you saying that you can't power it OFF in handheld mode or that you can't power it ON? Is it possible that you have autoRCM and the battery is dead? This can lead to the confusing situation of not being able to turn the system on because ever time you plug it in, the system turns on and goes into recovery mode (which you can't charge while in recovery mode). Thus, it would seem like the power button "does nothing" in this situation. The solution would be to plug it in, hold the power down for ~10 seconds and then leave it plugged in for a while to charge. Then, once the battery is charged, power the system on and deliver a payload.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1