Hardware Power A or Hori GameCube controllers

2pado

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've been thinking about buying one of these wired controllers for Smash but I'm unsure about the quality of them.

YouTube Reviews don't really address some of my concerns. For once I read some stuff about how you cannot change how the buttons or sticks are maped (like the you cannot change the c stick to tilts) or that the right stick is low quality (keeps pushing itself to the right slightly even after you let go), so what's your experience with these controllers?

Reactions: gogaming

fodder

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a Hori one a few years ago when Sm4sh first came out. They're pretty cheap feeling but passable, I would suggest an older Gamecube controller before a Hori smash controller. If you're stuck with an Ultimate era Gamecube controller, I might suggest Hori since I've not heard many positive things about the new Smash Ultimate Gamecube controllers

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Reactions: gogaming

2pado

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a Hori one a few years ago when Sm4sh first came out. They're pretty cheap feeling but passable, I would suggest an older Gamecube controller before a Hori smash controller. If you're stuck with an Ultimate era Gamecube controller, I might suggest Hori since I've not heard many positive things about the new Smash Ultimate Gamecube controllers

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah I heard some negative stuff about the new GC controllers, I'll go to a flea market and try to find some old GC controllers

gogaming

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.exlene.com
XP
Country
China
So I've been thinking about buying one of these wired controllers for Smash but I'm unsure about the quality of them.

YouTube Reviews don't really address some of my concerns. For once I read some stuff about how you cannot change how the buttons or sticks are maped (like the you cannot change the c stick to tilts) or that the right stick is low quality (keeps pushing itself to the right slightly even after you let go), so what's your experience with these controllers?
Exlene wired gamecube switch controller has audio function

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free