POWDER 094

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Urza, Dec 25, 2007.

Dec 25, 2007

POWDER 094 by Urza at 12:12 PM (1,246 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Urza
    OP

Member Urza hi

United States
    POWDER 094
    Roguelike designed for DS/GBA

Download and changelog below.

[title:Changelog]The user-visible changes should be small in this release. An overhaul of the messaging system will hopefully avoid the sprintf-corruption on the GBA version. Unfortunately, it likely also includes fresh typos.

* Dequipping a non-equipped item no longer dequips the corresponding equipped itemslot.
    * Option menu has an option to disable the Action Bar to placate the churlish users out there.
    * If a creature misses themselves, it is no longer "Herself misses Wazerli the imp." (Clare Boothby)
    * A massive refactoring of the message system has occured. In particular, I have abolished all of my stack buffers and the rotating ring of dynamic buffers in favour of dynamic memory allocation. This means I don't have to worry about buffer overruns any more, and hopefully likewise won't have stack overruns on the GBA anymore. No doubt in this process I've created more typos, however. Please report any weird text swiftly.
    * If you change dungeon levels while possessing a creature (like a Wizard's Eye) and release control on the other dungeon level, you will now properly return to your previous dungeon level. (Mark Ehlke)
    * To aggressive refactoring made swords and clubs burn up in fire rather than just state-change. (Richard Quirk)
    * One new room type.

[​IMG] Download
    [​IMG] Source

2. disc0

Newcomer disc0 Member

United States
    Ah, good thing the level-changing while possessing has been fixed. Lost one of my best characters when my cockatrice died four levels down from me.

3. yorch

Newcomer yorch Member

Spain
    i love this game but this update is almost unplayable since it has real major bugs. i hope 095 is coming soon

4. ConraDargo

Member ConraDargo Flashback Fanatic

Sweden
    Sweet Imma have to download this one! Didn't know it existed until now [​IMG]

But... if it still has some major bugs in it, then perhaps I should just wait a little longer [​IMG]

5. yorch

Newcomer yorch Member

Spain
    grab a previous version, they all are great

6. yorch

Newcomer yorch Member

Spain
    095 is out now and looks like an awesome release