Potentially Broken Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Brumski, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Brumski
    OP

Brumski Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2009
    Ok, a while back I lent my older brother my Wii, he ended up not playing it much, when I get it back, it appears to not work. Atleast, it turns on, it checks for a disc, disc drive lights up blue but nothing turns up on screen. The screen does change to a slightly lighter shade of grey. Im fairly certain that trying to sync up a wiimote with it doesn't work. He says he is fairly certain he hasn't done anything that might break it, and I believe him, what are the chances it may just be the component cables that are broke? Is there anything I can do to check if the console is broke?

Thanks for the help.

2. Brumski
    OP

Brumski Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2009
    Anyone? I know it is pretty hard to diagnose what is wrong here.

3. dudenator

dudenator King of the Carts

Mar 7, 2009
    Canada
    Alberta
    Yeah it would not be the component cables because you would still be able to connect the wiimotes
    if you still have a warranty you can go to www.nintendo.com and see about that and register the console for 6 months more warranty and if none of that works you can search on google for "fix bricked wii" for a possible fix because it is probably bricked.
    I hope that helps man (or woman maybe i dunno).

4. xDarkElement

xDarkElement GBAtemp Regular

Jan 31, 2009
    United States
    maybe he tried to downgrade his wii or something, but he's just not telling you

5. swf3

swf3 Banned

Banned
    Jan 30, 2008
    your bro
    was playing with softmii, and bricked your wii! ask him!

6. Brumski
    OP

Brumski Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2009
    Shit thing is I have the Homebrew channel on there, returning it to Nintendo probably won't be a good idea.