Potentially Broken Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Brumski, Mar 15, 2009.

Mar 15, 2009

Potentially Broken Wii by Brumski at 9:25 PM (638 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Brumski
    OP

Newcomer Brumski Newbie

United Kingdom
    Ok, a while back I lent my older brother my Wii, he ended up not playing it much, when I get it back, it appears to not work. Atleast, it turns on, it checks for a disc, disc drive lights up blue but nothing turns up on screen. The screen does change to a slightly lighter shade of grey. Im fairly certain that trying to sync up a wiimote with it doesn't work. He says he is fairly certain he hasn't done anything that might break it, and I believe him, what are the chances it may just be the component cables that are broke? Is there anything I can do to check if the console is broke?

Thanks for the help.

2. Brumski
    OP

Newcomer Brumski Newbie

United Kingdom
    Anyone? I know it is pretty hard to diagnose what is wrong here.

3. dudenator

Member dudenator King of the Carts

Canada
    Yeah it would not be the component cables because you would still be able to connect the wiimotes
    if you still have a warranty you can go to www.nintendo.com and see about that and register the console for 6 months more warranty and if none of that works you can search on google for "fix bricked wii" for a possible fix because it is probably bricked.
    I hope that helps man (or woman maybe i dunno).

4. xDarkElement

Member xDarkElement GBAtemp Regular

United States
    maybe he tried to downgrade his wii or something, but he's just not telling you

5. swf3

Banned swf3 Banned

United Kingdom
    your bro
    was playing with softmii, and bricked your wii! ask him!

6. Brumski
    OP

Newcomer Brumski Newbie

United Kingdom
    Shit thing is I have the Homebrew channel on there, returning it to Nintendo probably won't be a good idea.