Homebrew postLoader4

cippazza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stfour, first of all thanks a lot for your hard work ! At the moment I have a working setup allowing me to turn on the Wii and autobooting pl3 under neek2o environment, BUT, if postloader.dol isn't on sd:/ , it doesn't start. It's not a great problem for me because that way everything works, but I would like to know how to setup things so that I can autoboot into pl3 under neek2o having all of postloader files on usb. I folowed your directions but I think I missed something.
Could you make a "how to autoboot pl3 under neek2o from usb for dummies" tutorial ?
Just to let you know, I followed exactly these steps:
1) installed priiloader 0.7 on my real nand, and set it to autoboot into bootmii, and in sd:/bootmii I have neek armboot.bin
2) installed priiloader 0.7 neek2o version on emu nand,
3) booted in priiloader on emu nand , installed sd:/neekbooter.dol (I don't think priiloader can browse usb, correcte me if I'm wrong) , and set priiloader to autoboot installed file, and set return to: autoboot

on sd:/ I have priibooter.dol, neekbooter.dol, postloader.dol
Then I have usb:/ploader/* with theme and covers, and they work.
From pl3 main screen I read "autoboot disabled" (?), and if I choose the option to setup autoboot , pl3 says a file is missing or something like that (I can't check the correct sentence right now).
I'm doing something wrong for sure, but I don't know what :(

Last note: all of the games I run from pl3 work, except CoD MW3: the game starts., I see "Caricamento....", then nothing...(I should see a MW3 icon in the lower left corner of the screen)
The Wii is not stuck, because if I press the red button on my Wiimote my Wii turns off.
If I run the game from the disc channel of emu nand system menu , then it works.

bye!!!
Cip
As I said before, From pl3 men

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you are running under neek, your nand has priiloader installed, and you have neekbooter.dol in the root of sd, you should able to press "Install neekbooter.dol in priiloader..." seleting "Options..." in the home menu.
If this doesn't work for you, just install neekbooter.dol in priiloader under neek2o.

About cod I have no idea... I will check, but I'm leaving for work for 10 days, so any developmente is actually "paused" ;)

cippazza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just another note: from pl3 menu, when I press the red button on the wiimote, the wii doesn't turn off completely with red light near the disc bay and usb hdd turned off, it stays with a yellow light and usb hdd turned on. Am I doing something wrong ?
bye !!!
Cip

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
isn't that because your wiiconnect24 is turned on? Try turning that off in the wii system menu and see if it makes a difference.

Geren

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Spain
Hi, first I wanted to say that this is a really awesome app, great work with it!

Well, I guess you are using GRRlib, right? I want to know how possible it would be to use something like libwiigui instead. It's not really that necessary, but it would be nice :creep:

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I can't speak for stfour, but. postloader is still under heavy development, and I think the focus is on functionallity and simplicity.
Don't understand me wrong when I say simplicity. It's not a simple piece of code. It's use should be simple, and it should be fast
by reducing unnecessairy overhead.

Maybe, when we can't think of any more usefull functionallity anymore, we can consider changing the looks, but it sure is no high priority.
It's a loader.. Looks come in flavours, what one person likes, another doesn't.

What I like is that it loads my stuff. What I hate is the need to tweak or use specific programs for specific games...
When stfour started this, it was just a channel launcher. Look to what it has evolved already.
I am sure he still has plenty more ideas, so we haven't seen everything yet.

Reactions: 1 person

Geren

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Spain
I'm fine with the ways it looks. I'm more than satisfied with the way it functions. I was actually asking how possible it was, but if it's difficult, I guess it's not probably worth the time. Thanks for the answers, obcd and sweenish, that's what I wanted to hear!

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I make obcd words the mine. Just I can say that my library build upon grrlb can grow and became more appealing. I like also to add sound effects, background music and so on... but stability and lightness have the first place.

;)

Reactions: 1 person

Troelzkii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
postLoader 3.39.8

* Fix for DVD homebrew access (thx tueidj, now WiiMC shoud work with internal dvd... waiting for reports)

Thanks for still looking into to this issue. I haven't followed postloader for some time and haven't tested the WiiMC DVD before now. Unfortunately it still doesn't work and gives med the unsupported DVD error while WiiMC through HBC doesn't.

It is a fantastic work you done on pl3 and I really look forward to try all the new features ;)

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
postLoader 3.39.8

* Fix for DVD homebrew access (thx tueidj, now WiiMC shoud work with internal dvd... waiting for reports)

Thanks for still looking into to this issue. I haven't followed postloader for some time and haven't tested the WiiMC DVD before now. Unfortunately it still doesn't work and gives med the unsupported DVD error while WiiMC through HBC doesn't.

It is a fantastic work you done on pl3 and I really look forward to try all the new features ;)
Why don't you try MPlayer CE, just to see if it works. It's not as user-friendly as WiiMC, but you don't have to stick with it if you don't want to. Make sure you have 202[60]v5.1 rodries mod installed. Go to "DVD Video" and select "Play DVD (libdvdnav)". From there if you want to navigate the DVD menu, hold 2 and press a button.
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/MPlayer_CE#Default_Controls

zfa

Trophies
XP
Country
postLoader 3.39.8

I'm sure this isn't the problem but just make sure that both are kicking off the same version of WiiMC - I know that the previous version introduced a bug which stopped some drives working. It was resolved in the current release. If you are somehow launching the penultimate version you could be getting the disc error. Otherwise it might be worth talkign to the WiiMC guys to see if there are behaviour changes when launched under a different cIOS or something...

Troelzkii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
postLoader 3.39.8

Why don't you try MPlayer CE, just to see if it works. It's not as user-friendly as WiiMC, but you don't have to stick with it if you don't want to. Make sure you have 202[60]v5.1 rodries mod installed. Go to "DVD Video" and select "Play DVD (libdvdnav)". From there if you want to navigate the DVD menu, hold 2 and press a button.
http://wiibrew.org/w...efault_Controls

I do not have a problem with the fact that I cannot play DVDs from WiiMC through postloader. I this error mentioned it to stfour when I was testing one of the first pl2 versions just to make him aware of the issue. I have another DVD player and do not need the DVD support, but others might... The idea to test MPlayer just to compare is not bad though...

postLoader 3.39.8

I'm sure this isn't the problem but just make sure that both are kicking off the same version of WiiMC - I know that the previous version introduced a bug which stopped some drives working. It was resolved in the current release. If you are somehow launching the penultimate version you could be getting the disc error. Otherwise it might be worth talkign to the WiiMC guys to see if there are behaviour changes when launched under a different cIOS or something...

No the problem is not related to the WiiMC version (have testet a lot of different versions...). Postloader3 uses IOS58 which is the same as HBC so both should give AHPROT rights and therefore allow access to the DVD drive...

zfa

Trophies
XP
Country
Ah OK. I have also seen variations in the behaviour of apps launched when under postloader as opposed to Homebrew channel but thought I'd throw it out there as a possibility in any case.

For me, Saved Games Manager GX only shows four of my saved games if launched from pl, as opposed to all of them if launched under HBC...

mike81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK. It's way past time for me to be in bed, but I just found this and I like it. I'm using the latest Wiiflow with "FIX94 d2x v7b1d WAD Pack" installed. The wad in the 249 slot is IOS249[56]-v7b1d.wad. Will that work fine with Postloader and allow me to play my VC & Wiiware or do I need to install a different wad in slot 249? I hope what I have installed will be fine, so it doesn't interfere with Wiiflow. If I need a different wad for Postloader to work right, then can I use a different slot than 249? All I really want to use Postloader for is playing the games on the emulated nand and use Wiiflow for disc backups. I don't want to use UNEEK, SNEEK, etc.

This is what I've done so far:

On my USB, I have my emulated nand with VC & Wiiware games installed. I put the Postloader app with my other apps also on the USB. I go to the Homebrew Channel and load Postloader. I know I can also use a forwarder, but I'm just testing right now. After it loads, I select my emulated nand and update the title cache. It shows all my VC & Wiiware games. I test a few out and they seem to work. I'm guessing that saves will be done to the emulated nand and not the real nand?

Thanks for the help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only people who turn green need to see a doctor.