Homebrew postLoader4

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet thanks this will make setting up future nands easier :) keep up the good work stfour.

EDIT: Ok having trouble setting up neek2o. Do the folders work the same way as when booting through neek? Cause I'm dumping my nand with the latest Postloader.dol installed via Priiloader and autoboot is set to installed channel. I tried putting my nand folders in:

nands\nand1
root of usb
nands\pl_us (this is the only one where my wii does not blink a blue light yet I still get no image)

GartimusPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so no matter what I try, I can get wii game covers to display...but I cannot for the life of me get wiiware covers to display...I assume they all go in the /ploader/covers folder correct?

Albatroz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@stfour
I didnt know if any1 related this before or if you know about this "little issue".
But, when I use Postloader in Game mode to play my wbfs games with neek2o, some games covers are duplicated to games over 4gb split in 2 files.
thx a lot for Postloader

cladian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
Postloader 3 is working fine right now for my purposes which is basically running homebrew and using my fat32 formatted usb drive. I still think it would be a good addition to have the custom splash screen feature. Sort of like crazyloader video has. Where you can have a folder on the SD and a file with a list of file names to select from. You can have pictures or short videos. The Wii seems to be very picky about the kinds of videos it Wii boot. Usually 640x480 and fairly low quality. But still, you could have a few videos and a whole lot of pictures. I am going to try the nand emulation at some point as that seems to be the thing to do at the moment.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question; I just started trying to get priiloader autoboot installed file< priibooter.dol I did not know you could specify where you wanted to boot into; this is neat. So my issue is if it's trying to boot into uneek and I have bootmii @boot2 which I would prefer to use the .dol file OverJoy released so I could have my Wii not autoboot into it. It just reloads bootmii back and then right to Priiloader autoboot; will or do you plan on changing this to support OverJoy's .dol file for loading neek2o?

Keep up the good work btw albeit I still like having Postloader.dol installed to Priiloader but the option to load uneek/hbc/sm/uneek is pretty sweet; also how do I disable the timer on that screen?

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I am working on such a priibooter version.
Overjoy removed the selection part and made his dol of the remaining "switching to neek2o" part which is basically GianPune's work.
Stfour is working on Postloader to fix a few minor bug's and increase it's compatibility with neek2o.

Once you disabled the autoboot by pressing a button, the timer stops running... I liked it more like that as you hardly had time to look at the options..

Reactions: 1 person

cippazza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I tried to use postloader3 with UNEEK/NEEK2O: it doesn't detect my USB, and I think it's the expected behaviour until you update postloader3 by the end of the week (thanks ! :D )
At the moment, when I switch from SD->Channels->Games the program crashes with a windows-like B(lack)SOD when Games is selected. Any ideas ? Considering I'm running UNEEK/NEEK2O and that my USB is not detected, and my games are on USB:/games, maybe this is the cause ? I'll try
When you'll update postloader to use also USB under UNEEK/NEEK2O, will I be able to browse both my games and my wiiware stored on USB ?

PS: stfour, ma sei italiano ? se posso, mando un PM in ita che ci capiamo meglio... :)

bye !

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, you can send a pm in italian. ;)

But I reply here in english. When running under neek(2o), it is directly neek that has access to games on usb://games. postLoader simply query neek (diconfig.bin) to get game listing. First you make sure that in WII System Menu pressing (1) you have a list of available games displayed on neek osd. If it works, there are a lot of chance that also pl3 is able to show you games. If pl3 still crashes when selecting "game" page you should make 2 steps:

1) Create on root of sd a file name postloader.log and execute postloader. It will run very slowly but it will log most important operation.
2) Send me your usb://sneek/diconfig.bin and postloader.log so I can fully reproduce your configuration.

Remember then to delete postloader.log from sd.

cippazza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very clear answer.
When I press 1 from System Menu I see all of my games listed, and they start and run correctly, so I think I'll try to log pl3 output and I'll send it with my diconfig.bin .
Uhm... but you say "postLoader simply query neek (diconfig.bin)" , but diconfig.bin is on my usb, and pl3 does not detect any USB device on my wii... oh well, I'll generate the log, let's see what happens...

Thanks for support.
Bye

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
diconfig.bin is accessed via ISFS functions.... that folder is mounted with NAND, To be honest the whole usb is accessible via ISFS, but hombrew should completely rewritten. This is why obcd has written a wrapper for that. It should require just one call at the start of homebrew.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am working on such a priibooter version.
Overjoy removed the selection part and made his dol of the remaining "switching to neek2o" part which is basically GianPune's work.
Stfour is working on Postloader to fix a few minor bug's and increase it's compatibility with neek2o.

Once you disabled the autoboot by pressing a button, the timer stops running... I liked it more like that as you hardly had time to look at the options..
I can't wait :)

Right now I'm using postloader from real nand to play all my VC/WW titles from usb but everything else seems just fine :) My 7.8GB nand is in the root of usb while neek2o is in nands\nands\pl_us; this works out cause I can still play WW/VC from usb on real nand but still am able to load neek2o from w/in sub folders.

I have a question you implemented the pl_XX folders for auto nand switching does this mean if I use a game that will only work on the pl_jp nand that alI the saves will be saved to that nand? Also would these saves be easily copied over from that nand to say a pl_us or pl_eu nand?

So since i'm having my Wii autoboot installed file priibooter.dol will I need to install neekbooter to my nand or will this work just the same? I cannot access priiloader; just black screens or the system menu; after health screen it just black screens; even when priibooter.dol gives the options of U,D,L,R then it's the same result. Currently everything works from w/in PL3 with the exception of accessing priiloader or SM; I can still load homebrew like JoYflow, SaveGameManagerGX, etc. just fine.

EDIT: The more I play around with neek2o and your app the more I'm impressed :) keep up the good job :) Still do you recommend me keeping priibooter.dol or go ahead and install neekbooter.dol to emu-nand?

vpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've just tried PostLoader3 for the first time.
If i launch from in neek2o, and press 1 to change to channels, it works fine.
But if i do the same from when launching from my real nand i always get a stack dump,
is there anyway to fix this? Using postloader.3.42.0.

*edit* seems to randomly crash elsewhere to not just when pressing 1.

pic here of it

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Please vdp, can you perform these steps ?

1) Create on root of sd a file name postloader.log and execute postloader. It will run very slowly but it will log most important operation.
2) Copy postloader.log and pm it to me.

I'm about to release a new version so I'm waiting for your log to include required fixes.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...