Homebrew postLoader4

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Whoa! I'm out for a couple days and I come back to find FIVE new updates?
blink.gif

Things 'r looking great.
yaywii.gif

I gotta say I found a bug. If you press B on some channels, the thing throws a DSI Exception. I think this may be because of the title, as the only games I noticed were "bit. trip: beat" (WTRE) and "Final Fantasy: my life as a dark lord" (WF2E).
EDIT: skip that...those two are the only games that don't show the game channel. Strange...
unsure.gif

@Gartimusprime: erm...you can already hide them or use wiixplorer to move them to another folder on your SD card. Or even move them off your sd card to begin with. It's not that I dislike the idea, but that it is already reasonably possible.
smile.gif

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
GartimusPrime said:
the only problem I have with hiding the apps is the fact that when I choose "show hidden", they don't show up and I don't know how to get them back!

Strange, it is working for me...

So, you select (in homebrew mode) "Advanced options..." -> "Show hidden application" ?

GartimusPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now that I think about it I have not tried in the newest builds I will try it later......my wife would kill me if she new I was up this early on the wii!!

i thought i read something about this but i will ask anyway...would it be possible to use multiple virtual nands?

also i cannot get the silent priiloader channel to work for the life of me....would it ever be possible to have priiloader access the same way you have bootmii access.....?

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
GartimusPrime said:
now that I think about it I have not tried in the newest builds I will try it later......my wife would kill me if she new I was up this early on the wii!!

eheheh
wink.gif

Can you remember the build you are using ?

GartimusPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stfour said:
GartimusPrime said:
the only problem I have with hiding the apps is the fact that when I choose "show hidden", they don't show up and I don't know how to get them back!

So, you select (in homebrew mode) "Advanced options..." -> "Show hidden application" ?

It works in homebrew mode but not in emulated nand mode.....my vc and wiiware games won't come back when I push "show hidden"

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
GartimusPrime said:
stfour said:
GartimusPrime said:

It works in homebrew mode but not in emulated nand mode.....my vc and wiiware games won't come back when I push "show hidden"

Ah ok, I will check...

EDIT: under dolphin it works... tested b14. When I come back to home I will try with real wii.

GartimusPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GartimusPrime said:

i thought i read something about this but i will ask anyway...would it be possible to use multiple virtual nands?

also i cannot get the silent priiloader channel to work for the life of me....would it ever be possible to have priiloader access the same way you have bootmii access.....?

Posts merged

GartimusPrime said:
QUOTE(GartimusPrime @ Jul 5 2011, 04:13 AM) now that I think about it I have not tried in the newest builds I will try it later......my wife would kill me if she new I was up this early on the wii!!

sorry wrong button did not mean to repost.....

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so dose this now run nand dumps made with simple fsdump?
i belive im using v12 (just check and yes i am using v12)
trying to load my nand from a usb hdd(it finds the apps i have on the harddrive though)
and m loading postloader from priiloader

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
zizer said:
postLoader2 b13 - i have black screen (uneek r155 , cios rev 14)

Have you installed using neekbooter.dol ? It is required for enable neek. Another options is to edit meta.xlm and add the word "neek" to arguments. Can you try ?

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
postLoader2 b15

* Corrected bug on last item of the menu. This prevents the selection of turbografx16CD and generally any last item of the menus.
* Now postLoader remember last page visited
* Added title type in the info area (bottom of the screen)
* Last executed title will not be dimmed.
* Console switch: Power off do power off (yeaaa that's incredible !!!)... Reset took you to system menu
* Added experimental theming. See "ploader\theme" in distribution
* A lot of code cleanup

00000000-11.jpg

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
zizer said:
neekbooter.dol does not work (return in sys menu)

If you use neekbooter.dol, postLoader.dol must be in the root of sd
wink.gif

This is way it goes in system menu...

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Great stuff once again, stfour.

I gotta say the bug I mentioned this morning still resides in beta15, though:
Wever said:
I gotta say I found a bug. If you press B on some channels, the thing throws a DSI Exception. I think this may be because of the title, as the only games I noticed were "bit. trip: beat" (WTRE) and "Final Fantasy: my life as a dark lord" (WF2E).
EDIT: skip that...those two are the only games that don't show the game channel. Strange...
unsure.gif
I tried reinstalling the wads, IOS249 and cert.sys but to no avail. No other games thus far do this (even the other bit.trip games can access the screen just fine). It's not the end of the world, but it's strange because these games are in no way exceptions in any way I can think off.

Other than that, I'm running out of things to say. Postloader has already passed the comparison to the HBC at this point (meaning: I like it better), and it's still growing.
smile.gif

I will keep mentioning things, but keep in mind that these are starting to become trivial or even cosmetic changes.
-the gamecube support is simple but effective. Could you add similar behavior (in other words: steer the cursor) for the classic controller, the nunchuck and even the wiimote (when not pointing at the screen), please? Not everyone will be able to properly point (eg. when I want to play some guitar hero, I rather not want to sync up a second wiimote).
-when clicking B on a homebrew application, it shows the meta.xml's name, short and long description. It would be nice to show the and tags as well, if they're enabled.
-your 'home menu' looks quite different depending on whether you're in channel or homebrew mode, which works counterintuitive. The good thing is that your button 'options' is the same. I would add another button there named "renew cache" which does both the "Rescan devices" and the "update title cache" options (it does both no matter which mode you're in). Of course, these "rescan devices" and "update title cache" options can then be removed.
-in addition, I would move the "run wii system menu" and "run bootmii" options of the channel menu up to the 2nd and the 3rd place (under Switch to homebrew mode). This pretty much makes the first three options of both menus roughly the same, which is easier to quickly understand.
smile.gif

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Wever said:
I gotta say the bug I mentioned this morning still resides in beta15, though:

Wever, can you try to delete wtre.cfg and wf2e.cfg from /ploader/channels.cfg ? Maybe they are obsolete. I hate to use binary files for configurations, but they are much faster to read than ascii.

Wever said:
-the gamecube support is simple but effective. Could you add similar behavior (in other words: steer the cursor) for the classic controller, the nunchuck and even the wiimote (when not pointing at the screen), please? Not everyone will be able to properly point (eg. when I want to play some guitar hero, I rather not want to sync up a second wiimote).

Classic and nunchuck are already working from b11
wink.gif

Wever said:
-when clicking B on a homebrew application, it shows the meta.xml's name, short and long description. It would be nice to show the and tags as well, if they're enabled.

Ok !

QUOTE(Wever @ Jul 5 2011, 10:28 PM)
-your 'home menu' looks quite different depending on whether you're in channel or homebrew mode, which works counterintuitive. The good thing is that your button 'options' is the same. I would add another button there named "renew cache" which does both the "Rescan devices" and the "update title cache" options (it does both no matter which mode you're in). Of course, these "rescan devices" and "update title cache" options can then be removed.
-in addition, I would move the "run wii system menu" and "run bootmii" options of the channel menu up to the 2nd and the 3rd place (under Switch to homebrew mode). This pretty much makes the first three options of both menus roughly the same, which is easier to quickly understand.
smile.gif

I mostly agree... "update title cache" can take a lot of time if pressed accidentally... may need a confirmation dialog.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-