postLoader4

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by stfour, Jun 30, 2011.

1. cladian

cladian Member

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2011
    El Salvador
    Another request I have is a way to sync wiimotes to the wii while in postloader. I use the same wiimote for the wii at work and my own wii at home. I have both set up to boot from priiloader into postloader. When the wiimote is not synced up you have to find your way back to the system menu without using the wiimote. It can be done though, so it's not an emergency.

2. stfour
    OP

stfour GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 24, 2011
    Italy
    cladian, I have no ideo on how sync wiimotes, I will check. Anyway when postloader is runnning, pressing reset on the console take you easily to system menu ;)

3. akari212

akari212 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 21, 2010
    Tokyo
    what thing amaze me on this release is the priibooter. I can just boot up my UNEEK or HBC using a wiimote and no need to mess up with the reset button on my Wii console.

Anyway, thanks for this.

4. FIX94

FIX94 Global Moderator

Global Moderator
    Dec 3, 2009
    Germany
    ???
    WOW! Respect to all these updates stfour, I'll try it the next days :)

5. Dreamersoy

Dreamersoy GBAtemp Regular

Feb 8, 2006
    Spain
    Exactly, I use an emulated nand on SD to watch shop's channels (no uneek).

[but when I use the real nand get the same results (I can not change it)]

Thanks

6. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    Eh? Well...I must say I like this (FINALLY a reason to use that button :P ). I really wish I could test this app more, but the cDI module deserved most of my free time (besides: since this is all the way public, bugs get noticed nicely anyway). Does this mean you're now tinkering with the cDI module as well, or is this something for when the module goes public? :)

1 person likes this.
  7. kylster

kylster mich weich töten

Sep 11, 2010
    United States
    Fr33D0M R1N6
    I might have to jump out my pants and kiss you if you do that; metaphorically speaking. When the cDI goes public I plan on seeing how it runs with uneek+di but if you add this then what's the point? So far the fact I can play WW/VC titles holds a higher weight of importance for me; so switching to say uneek+di permantely would be questionable but I don't even know now.

Oh why does all the good stuff come out during the holidays??????

Thank you stfour, once again your app is amazing.

8. stfour
    OP

May 24, 2011
    Italy
    Are you using priibooter ? Priibooter doesn't support usb search disabling. Need to fix this. If you aren't using priibooter try to create an empty file named "ploader.sd" on the root of sd... this should (must) disable usb in postloader.

@FIX94: Thank you. More respect to wii open source community. Without that postloader will not exist.

@Wever: No, I never tried cDI module. I hope I will do soon ;)

Thanks to all guys that are using postloader and are reporting feedbacks to help this app to became reliable and bugs free ;)

9. GartimusPrime

GartimusPrime GBAtemp Regular

Jul 3, 2011
    United States
    Ellsworth, Maine
    if you make this compatible with cDI, you will forever be my hero....!!!!

10. FIX94

FIX94 Global Moderator

Global Moderator
    Dec 3, 2009
    Germany
    ???
    So true :) I now tested the wiiload feature and it works nearly perfect. I personally don't use wiiload, I use transmitmii. There I have the choice between the older HBC -1.0.4 or the newer HBC 1.0.5+ protocol. The older one works perfectly fine, the newer one doesn't, but that's only a very very small thing ;)

11. kylster

kylster mich weich töten

Sep 11, 2010
    United States
    Fr33D0M R1N6
    When I use TransmitMii to send the new postloader.dol it does not update my Priiloader installed file only loads up the newer sent .dol. I know you have 2 options there but I'm choosing to update my instillation of PL2 with Priiloader.

If you guys needs video I'll send it. Maybe i'm doing something wrong????

12. stfour
    OP

May 24, 2011
    Italy
    You can't update postloader installed in priiloader. This can be simply done, but I've choose to never write to nand (things may change under neek). So the best way is to install priibooter in priiloader and keep postloader.dol in usb:/ or sd:/ (root)

13. stfour
    OP

May 24, 2011
    Italy
    I've tried transmitmii 1.3 and postloader works perfectly (for me) with both protocols. Can you give me the file you are trying to transfer ?

14. kylster

kylster mich weich töten

Sep 11, 2010
    United States
    Fr33D0M R1N6
    Oh Man the black bg with white text is unappealing LoL but if I dump my nand and start using it with uneek+di will it still act the same or will I need to update something else? Cause as it stands I can dump my nand keep all my cIOS and Priiloader autoboot to postloader.dol and it will run as if I wad doing so from regular nand; no need to install IOS56 into slot 249 but I think that is only if you replace the system menu with PL2.

15. JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    You should have it installed anyway.

16. FIX94

FIX94 Global Moderator

Global Moderator
    Dec 3, 2009
    Germany
    ???
  17. JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    The only problems I ever have are when sending really tiny apps like early versions of ProgressiveSwitch. It gives some divide by 0 error. I keep wiiload.exe in System32 so I can run it from command prompt if necessary.

18. kylster

kylster mich weich töten

Sep 11, 2010
    United States
    Fr33D0M R1N6
    Is there any way to load games in fst format from w/in PL2 in uneek+di or will this always have to be done from the system menu?

19. GartimusPrime

GartimusPrime GBAtemp Regular

Jul 3, 2011
    United States
    Ellsworth, Maine
    how do I set up postloader to switch emunands that are located in my /nands folder?

20. stfour
    OP

May 24, 2011
    Italy
    Actually not... i'm working on it. Delayed because I've changed my usb hdd and I have a lot of trubles with uneek :(

@gartimus, you must install priibooter on priiloader in realnand to enable nand switching.

1 person likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted