DEFIANT

a daft old man who stole a magic box and ran away
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
speaking of neek2o, im getting a blackscreen/freeze with the newer postLoader revs (0.5 - 0.7) when trying to boot from real NAND into uneek2o with postLoader set as autoboot on emulated NAND (neek works when just booting to sys menu w/o postloader).
im 99% sure it's not my set-up, as everything works when reverting to 0.4

@[member='stfour'], thanks for taking the time to make such an awesome universal wii everything loader =D
Using 4.0.7: I get the same problem. Postloader will not work with neek2o. However I can launch directly to the neek2o system menu just fine. I suppose this bug will have to wait till stfour gets back in the game from vacation.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This depends on which version of nee2o you are using, up to rev. 88 you should be able to work with PL..for rev 90 and up PL needs to be updated, stfour already knows this.

TheBigBentley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Time to sound stupid.... Can someone tell me where this file is?

From the ReadMii.txt
"2) Copy to your SD root priibooterGUI.dol."

Do I rename boot.dol in the priibootergui folder to priibooterGUI.dol and then copy that to the root of the sd card?

DEFIANT

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
1] Start neek2o from postloader.
2] neek2o starts and I can get to system menu ok.
3] launching postloader channel takes me to the create config screen.
4] After clicking on ok (creating config on sd or usb has same outcome) I was getting a code dump that I was going to post here today. But somehow I did mange to get to postloader, however
5] If after the config file is created and I launch neek2o again, then launch postloader from neek2o system menu, I get just a black screen. Same out come if I set postloader up in priiloader just like my real wii. Blank Black screen.
6] Now when I delete the config file see 1] It repeats.

I'm still trying to get that code dump again but after several attempts I can only get to postloader (neek2o) on the first try, after that blank screen.

Now I'm getting "postloader .dol not found on sd/usb"

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
Basically the same scenario as DEFIANT here.

On 4.0.5 and 4.0.7, when i try to boot uneek(rev 88) with postLoader set as autoboot on nands (via priiloader), i just get a black screen. Booting to a nand without postLoader as autoboot works.
When i revert back to 4.04 everything works as expected.

From real nand postLoader i can still "switch NAND" and access/launch all my various nands of vc/wiiware and stuff, its just when trying to boot a neek2o nand with postLoader set as autoboot.

DEFIANT

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Yep, still no luck here. Thanks for the confirmation VatoLocoo. I might try 4.0.4 here in a minute...my sd card needs to be reformatted (corrupted) and some of my apps redownloaded...OY!

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
it is really strange. I've no clue on that... from 4.0.4 to 4.0.5 the difference are really just one line of code about devolution. Some concrete difference in neek where added in 4.0.6. Maybe a log can help (create ploader.log on sd root), but I have a slow internet connection and I don't think that I can submit any patch or upload new rev until september ;)

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
it is really strange. I've no clue on that... from 4.0.4 to 4.0.5 the difference are really just one line of code about devolution. Some concrete difference in neek where added in 4.0.6. Maybe a log can help (create ploader.log on sd root), but I have a slow internet connection and I don't think that I can submit any patch or upload new rev until september ;)

Is it so slow that you can't even paste the patch file in a code tag like I typically do? I could upload it then into a new build for you.

Reactions: 1 person

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: 1 person

Elaugaufein

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I've used postLoader in the past and all was good , I updated recently postLoader no longer seems to be able to detect my USB drive, which is NTFS formatted, I just get told to rebuild my cache every time I try to view my wii games. Is there a configuration option, I also can't find a configuration option in Wii games to point it at my USB (I'm guessing its trying to load off my SD, which is why it isn't finding anything). Could anyone give me some pointers please ?

Is there somewhere you have to put devolution (either the bin or a compiled version) to get devolution support, or is that automatic ?

Thanks

ETA - If it helps when I try to look at homebrew on my USB I get an Invalid Dev !!! message at the top, but I've used Configurable USB loader and Wiiflow to boot homebrew and games from it, so I'm not sure whats going on there.

Elaugaufein

Trophies
XP
Country
Ahh. Thanks.

On the USB hard disk, it just occured to me that the issue might be that its one of the WD my passport drives that have a built in read-only 2nd Dev thats used to store their built in software. I could see that causing problems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1