Homebrew postLoader4

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Will it be hard to add SD support, since dml and triforce emulation only work from SD?
If SD woks then dml and triforce channels can work in PL3 with neekbooter mode.
This will allow simultaneous use of DML and Quadforce (one on real nand the other on sneek)

Afaik dml and qf are using the same mios, so you will never be able to use both in the same time.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
his is from quadforce readme:
"Install:

For real NAND users simply install the quadforce_v0.1.wad

For emu NAND users copy the 00000008.app file into /title/00000001/00000100/content

Use DiscEx to install the games to sd:/games

Uninstall:

For real NAND install a clean MIOS.wad

For emu NAND install a clean BC.wad"

It looks like each mode works separately.

maybe @wiipower or @obcd or @overjoy can clarify this mios issue

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
We now have simultaneously working DML on real Nand/Quadforce on Sneek or vice versa (I tried both :))
I made a tutorial yesterday http://gbatemp.net/topic/325003-custom-gc-channelbanner-collection-for-system-menuusb-loader-gx/page__view__findpost__p__4258370

Can't wait for Neekbooter SD support :P

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
vica versa? I was under the impression that even when sneek was used for dml, it finally calls BC that launches MIOS (dml or quadforce) on real nand?

So, you make it sound like you can use the mios (dml or quadforce) on the sneek nand?

I assume a sneek nand with quadforce modified BC is an option in sneek. Maybe it's even possible to have 2 BC's on it, and simply launch the one you need (for either dml or quadforce). I forgot about the details how BC got launched

All I can tell is that the same action launching either dml or quadforce leads to confusion.
We have seen that with launching either bootmii or neek. Some people still don't understand how it works under the hood.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Me too and Stfour also also thought that this is not possible, but megazig said that they should work at same time since:
On real Nand the Mios is patched BC is intact
On Sneek only BC is patched

I see that we can also have several sneek nands with different DML or Quadforce 000000008.app versions to increase compatibility

I only tested rev80 of sneek2o successfully older rev. with or with no DI couldn't see the DiscEx games on USB
I tested successfully quadforce 000000008.app with Mario GP1
and DML 1.5 0000000008.app with Animal crossing

Edit: I did the test again with DML 1.5 on real nand and Quadforce on Sneek2o nand and both Animal crossing and Mario GP worked flawlessly :)

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This will be an huge work.... I'm not sure it make sense to add this for just 2 games...
adding quadforce for 2 games, IS NOT worth the work, if people want to use it, then let them add it to their own nand.(my be via mod mii as option :) )
i would understand if crediar was going to add more game support. but he isn't just mario gp1&gp2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, new pfp?