Hacking Post your WiiU cheat codes here!

jbuck1975

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you search for stuff like health. It has 5 hearts. Like a meter. Get hit lose a heart, get special item gain a heart.

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Breakpoint execute added!
Well, kinda.
Do a right-click on the address, choose "Add Dump Registers Hook" and you can view the registers at the time the instruction executed using the "View Dumped Registers" button. The game does not pause. The registers can auto update, too :D

How does it work?
It just hooks assembly which writes out all registers, plain and simple but useful if you're about to track something down :P

Last edited by BullyWiiPlaza,

HackingNewbie

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, kinda.
Do a right-click on the address, choose "Add Dump Registers Hook" and you can view the registers at the time the instruction executed using the "View Dumped Registers" button. It can auto update, too:D
Cool, does it show all the disassembly as well or should we just look at the disassembler to find the lwz instruction to make the code freeze the value?

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Cool, does it show all the disassembly as well or should we just look at the disassembler to find the lwz instruction to make the code freeze the value?
You find the assembly first and you can get the registers at the time the instruction executes. Also it will tell you if the instruction executes at all. The downside is that it doesn't help you find the assembly to begin with.

CosmoCortney

Lawn Meower
OP
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany
Well, kinda.
Do a right-click on the address, choose "Add Dump Registers Hook" and you can view the registers at the time the instruction executed using the "View Dumped Registers" button. The game does not pause. The registers can auto update, too :D

How does it work?
It just hooks assembly which writes out all registers, plain and simple but useful if you're about to track something down :P
simply awesome!
hopefully you or someone else will figure out how to make it possible to break on read and write

Reactions: BullyWiiPlaza

jbuck1975

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the life of me. I can't find the health codes for pacman and the ghostly adventures. I've searched unknown greater than less than all of the memory bounds. And I've searched for any number I can think it might be. Still nothing.
Anyone give me help on what to do

tastymeatball

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
For the life of me. I can't find the health codes for pacman and the ghostly adventures. I've searched unknown greater than less than all of the memory bounds. And I've searched for any number I can think it might be. Still nothing.
Maybe it's a floating point value.

Arck

Trophies
XP
Country
try harder ?

HackingNewbie

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe it was stored as a double? It would be a possibility, it's one of the primitive value types in most programming languages that they would be likely to use to make the game including C++, C# and Java. Unity has an API for Wii U games, and I think developers are supposed to use unity to make Wii U games, in which case C# would, most, likely, be used, meaning that the double value type could have been used.

jbuck1975

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it was stored as a double? It would be a possibility, it's one of the primitive value types in most programming languages that they would be likely to use to make the game including C++, C# and Java. Unity has an API for Wii U games, and I think developers are supposed to use unity to make Wii U games, in which case C# would, most, likely, be used, meaning that the double value type could have been used.
So what should I search for?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Maybe it's a floating point value.
Ive searched for the floating point

try harder ?
Your right

CosmoCortney

Lawn Meower
OP
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany
So what should I search for?

Ive searched for the floating point

Your right
I have written a documentary about IEEE Floating Point Standard which could be useful.
But I highly doubt the health is handled by a float, unless it's a health bar.
http://cosmocortney.ddns.net/enzy/IEEE_754_en.php (warning, bad grammar there)

Last edited by CosmoCortney,
Reactions: BullyWiiPlaza

jbuck1975

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have written a documentary about IEEE Floating Point Standard which could be useful.
But I highly doubt the health is handled by a float, unless it's a health bar.
http://cosmocortney.ddns.net/enzy/IEEE_754_en.php (warning, bad grammar there)
As bad as I hate to. I'm giving up on this search. I can't find NOTHING. And I have spent way to much time on this. I just don't know what to search for.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I found it funny cause many many years ago, had a roommate in college that did this same dumbass...