Hacking Post your usrcheat.dat files here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomasroberts6

Trophies
XP
Country
I forgot to take Caps lock off after typing 'US ROM'

And i am at a diffeent height to my keyboard than usual, which doesn't help.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I added some clearer wording to my sig about the cheat codes. I just wanted to clarify that I DON'T MAKE THESE CODES. I couldn't even code a bat file, let alone come up with cheat codes for games. I'm an end-user, like most of you are, and I do whatever is necessary to achieve whatever I can for me. Right now, that means updating a cheat file for the R4 with new games and codes.

I don't check the codes to make sure they work. I'm not claiming that any of them are mine and I don't know how to fix codes that don't function as they are supposed to. I rely on the community to help with that stuff.

It could be that they work fine in a real AR, just not the R4. It could be that they work in a DS emulator and not a real game or ROM on a flashcart. I don't know. I don't bother with any DS emulators on my PC. Kinda defeats the purpose of the DS being portable, so I don't use them. I sold off my REAL AR when I got the R4.

I'm catching flak in PM's about non-working codes. I'm catching flak for supposedly "stealing" publicly viewable codes, about me not giving credit to the people who made them and whatnot. I was just doing this to give back to the community, but if I'm going to be hassled about non-working codes without any method or plan to fix them, having to deal with requests for codes that don't exist, and/or prevented from even viewing codes at some sites because they "think" I'm claiming them as my own or whatever other insane reason they think up, I can just say the hell with sharing them with everyone and go back to maintaining it for myself and no one else. That's what most people who know how to manipulate the editor do anyway isn't it?

Geez....I didn't realize frickin AR codes were some big elitist underground that is protected under some unwritten law of ethics. They're CHEATS for Pete's sake, not copyrighted material. What's ethics got to do with CHEATS?!? We're putting them on an R4....not exactly the most wholesome piece of hardware for the DS, now is it? Laws are being broken all over the place. How is what I'm doing infringing on anything that hasn't been infringed upon long ago?

I can't keep track of who made every stinkin' code. To be honest, I don't really care who made the codes. If that sounds cold, then so be it. I'm supposed to find space in the listings to credit the peeps who made them? Bah! Many times, it was likely multiple people that comprise the codes of any given game. I'm supposed to credit each and every one of them? Please! I'm supposed to ask permission to use the codes in my dat? Oh come on!

When I started maintaining this dat, it already had all kinds of codes in it. None of them had any credits to the creators. But now that I'm adding codes to it, suddenly I'm supposed to give kudos to all these people? What's wrong with this picture?

Once I find a job, I won't have any time for this anymore. I can just imagine all the flak I'll get when that time comes. That's why I suggested a new thread be made that details how to do this stuff on your own.

I didn't start doing this to become popular. Popularity means nothing to me. I just do it to be friendly and share the codes with everyone. I've gotten so much out of this site that I wanted to give something back in some small way. Look what my generosity has gotten me. The creators of the codes should be happy that so many people are interested in them and using their codes and less worried about how they got or use them. Apparently, popularity means everything to some people.

I always try to be an open and honest person as far as what I think and say. I don't hold things back or horde things for only myself. Yes, I download all my DS games. Yes, I copy-and-paste all these cheat codes into the dat. Sue me. I don't HAVE to do this at all. I'm doing it out of boredom and the spirit of community. Cut me some slack people.

And to all the talented hackers who create the codes (you know who you are). I humbly bow to you.
bow.gif
You are the masters of all that are Action Replay cheats.
bow.gif
You are gods and I am nothing.
bow.gif
You know everything and I know nothing.
bow.gif
Your codes alone align the planets and make anything and everything better for the world of Action Replay and DS games.
bow.gif
Your humble servant apologizes for any and all mistakes I have made and beg your forgiveness in any invisible rules of cheating I may have broken.
bow.gif

Give me a freakin' break!
wtf.gif

I didn't write this reply to yell at any one person, group or site, so I hope no one takes overt offense to what I said here. I just had to rant a bit to blow off some steam and attempt to explain my position in all this.

You may now proceed with your normal banter.

h4ck3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chill Rayder, there's many others who appreciate your work..

I've realise something with your usrcheat.dat , i'm not too sure how it became like that, example when u update ur latest cheats, some old cheats go missing.. i've read about the usrcheat can only have like a certain amount of games, so does it means when u update new cheats, u remove some old ones or its a bug/glitch that some of the old cheats just disappear on their own?

Rayder

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chill Rayder, there's many others who appreciate your work..

I've realise something with your usrcheat.dat , i'm not too sure how it became like that, example when u update ur latest cheats, some old cheats go missing.. i've read about the usrcheat can only have like a certain amount of games, so does it means when u update new cheats, u remove some old ones or its a bug/glitch that some of the old cheats just disappear on their own?

It was just a rant. For the time being, things will proceed as normal.

As far as some cheats going missing........are you using a blank cheat.dat? That's important.
A while back, I removed a lot of the codes that had question marks instead of text, maybe those are the codes you're referring to? I re-add them as requested, but would prefer translations to English text for what the codes actually say instead of just re-adding a bunch of useless question mark codes.

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Only DS-Coders blocked you, right? The site owned by king rhyono? He's a prick, plain and simple, don't let that dumbass get to you.

bfoos

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Actually, Rayder. Cheat codes are indeed the intellectual property of their respective creators, and therefore are indeed copyrighted. Why do you think the cheat device companies started encrypting their codes? I'll tell you why, it was to stop unauthorized use of their copyrighted work. You having not been around the cheat hacking scene long, I can understand why you don't think the hackers deserve credit, but let me tell you, they do deserve it and they do expect it. If DS Coders wants to limit access, well that's their business. I don't agree with it, but whatever. The hacking scene is a political one. People get their panties in a bunch when they see their work posted without credit. I know you never tried to imply that any of these codes were yours and I don't expect you to add credits to the usrcheat.dat. I'm just trying to give you a little insight into those in the scenes collective thought process.

h4ck3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was just a rant. For the time being, things will proceed as normal.

As far as some cheats going missing........are you using a blank cheat.dat? That's important.
 A while back, I removed a lot of the codes that had question marks instead of text, maybe those are the codes you're referring to? I re-add them as requested, but would prefer translations to English text for what the codes actually say instead of just re-adding a bunch of useless question mark codes.

i'm using a blank cheat.dat as someone mentioned to me, still i see those missing cheats. Thanks for adding them back
smile.gif

just a suggestion, maybe when you update the cheat.dat zip file, the zip filename could be written with a datestamp or a readme.txt in the zip saying what new cheats were added or the date it was updated(got to standardise a timezone first)

im sure the suggestion will help a whole bunch of people.

ps: pls add back the bleach 2nd ds cheat in, thanks..

asuri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
imagine yourself doing all those requests from people like you.-for FREE im sure 2 days in your your eyes would be twitching every second..

edit: just read this thread daily for cheat updates

Rayder

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Minor update to Digimon World Dawn..

Max EXP after Battle.

Link in sig.
grog.gif

I got banned from DScoders. Oh, what ever will I do? LOL.
rolleyes.gif

I only ever found maybe 2 or 3 useful codes there anyway. PFFT!

That's the first site in my life that I ever got banned from.

JacobReaper

I Love You....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It was just a rant. For the time being, things will proceed as normal.

As far as some cheats going missing........are you using a blank cheat.dat? That's important.
 A while back, I removed a lot of the codes that had question marks instead of text, maybe those are the codes you're referring to? I re-add them as requested, but would prefer translations to English text for what the codes actually say instead of just re-adding a bunch of useless question mark codes.

i'm using a blank cheat.dat as someone mentioned to me, still i see those missing cheats. Thanks for adding them back
smile.gif

just a suggestion, maybe when you update the cheat.dat zip file, the zip filename could be written with a datestamp or a readme.txt in the zip saying what new cheats were added or the date it was updated(got to standardise a timezone first)

im sure the suggestion will help a whole bunch of people.

ps: pls add back the bleach 2nd ds cheat in, thanks..

haha i like your screen name
tongue.gif

and yay for rayder i just looked at the dat.. and it was HUGE..... i was like... whoah..
grog.gif

Rayder

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only DS-Coders blocked you, right? The site owned by king rhyono? He's a prick, plain and simple, don't let that dumbass get to you.

Yeah, I pretty much gathered that.

Actually, Rayder. Cheat codes are indeed the intellectual property of their respective creators, and therefore are indeed copyrighted. Why do you think the cheat device companies started encrypting their codes? I'll tell you why, it was to stop unauthorized use of their copyrighted work. You having not been around the cheat hacking scene long, I can understand why you don't think the hackers deserve credit, but let me tell you, they do deserve it and they do expect it. If DS Coders wants to limit access, well that's their business. I don't agree with it, but whatever. The hacking scene is a political one. People get their panties in a bunch when they see their work posted without credit. I know you never tried to imply that any of these codes were yours and I don't expect you to add credits to the usrcheat.dat. I'm just trying to give you a little insight into those in the scenes collective thought process.

Oh, so cheats are copyrighted? Where's this copyright document? Copyrights don't materialize out of thin air. Unauthorized use? What unauthorized use? Everything about flashcarts and cheat devices is "unauthorized". They put the codes up for people to admire only? Not to use? They don't get paid to make those codes. Did they get "permission" from Datel to create codes? I doubt it. Did Datel get "permission" from Nintendo/Sony/MS to create cheat code devices for their systems? Absolutely not!

I should also re-iterate what I said in my rant. When I started maintaining the dat, I did it only for myself and thought, "I have a small bit of server space....why not just make available for everybody?", and I did. I did it out of generosity and the spirit of sharing and community. I don't need to bother with elitist attitudes at some site if they want to be greedy bastards with their codes. They should be happy that their codes are immortalized, not whine about "theft and permission and authorization" when people actually use them.

When I started maintaining the dat, there was already a whole crapload of codes in it from the R4DS team's CHEAT.DAT. Not one of them had any credits to the people who made them. How is what I'm doing any different from what the R4DS team did? I'm just continuing where they left off.

We break "actual real and true" copyright laws whenever we put a ROM on a flashcart. Even Nintendo doesn't condone the use of cheats. It's ALL illegal, so what's copyright got to do with anything that's going on here?

Am I supposed to take on an "elitist greedy bastard" attitude too and just compile the dat for myself. Am I supposed to whine and cry foul whenever someone just uses the dat I compiled to add specific codes the dat they have for themselves, but don't share with anyone? No. I don't care what people do with anything I make available for download. If I wanted to be greedy about it, it wouldn't be available for anyone to see. Plain and simple.

I don't even use the damn codes.

bfoos

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Unauthorized use is just that. Had you been around years ago when the cheat companies were openly stealing from each other, you would understand. I'm not going to explain intellectual property or the Berne copyright convention to you. Do as you wish, I was just trying to get you to understand where people who cry foul, are coming from.

interfreak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indeed, leave Rayder alone. Whether the cheat codes are 'copyrighted' or not is irrelavent. I find it ironic that he has been bought to task about this by someone posting on a forum that is about the R4DS, which enables users to play downloaded ROMS off the internet illegally... How many copyrighted ROMS do you have bfoos? How much copyrighted music do you have on your computer bfoos? Movies?? Photos??

Get a life and stop being a dick!!

bfoos

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Indeed, leave Rayder alone. Whether the cheat codes are 'copyrighted' or not is irrelavent. I find it ironic that he has been bought to task about this by someone posting on a forum that is about the R4DS, which enables users to play downloaded ROMS off the internet illegally... How many copyrighted ROMS do you have bfoos? How much copyrighted music do you have on your computer bfoos? Movies?? Photos??

Get a life and stop being a dick!!
Jesus, read my freakin posts, will ya? I'm not bashing him. I simply responded to his rant. I could care less if cheat codes aren't expressly put in the public domain. I was simply responding to a few points of his rant with some scene insight that I happen to have.

He complained that people have been giving him a hard time about credits. All I did was attempt to explain why that is. Nothing more, nothing less.

A few of my codes are in the dat file. Do I care? No.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson