Hacking Post your questions about which flashcart to buy

bolmedias

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Use? DS games only ATM, may get into homebrew later on.
Price Range? Anything up to £40 (GBP)
Slot 1/2? Slot 1
Built in or expandable memory? Don't care
Special features? None really
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular Acekard 2, EDGE, M3 Real, or G6 Real
Other?

For all slot-1's (ignore if you want a slot-2):
Support slot-2 GBA? Would be a nice feature
Support slot-2 rumble packs? Don't care
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? Sure, why not.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bolmedias said:
Slot 1/2? Slot 1
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular Acekard 2, EDGE, M3 Real, or G6 Real
Other?

You are from the UK. I suck with currency, but one place that I recommend buying from is Shop.01Media. They are based in the UK I think... So this site may be the one for you.

You aren't looking for anything special, so it makes it much easier for me. I recommend getting an AceKard 2.1. It has very good compatibility with games (well for me...), under your maximum paying price. Comes with the basic features (Auto-DLDI Patching, Cheat Support). Nothing special, but has an alternative firmware known as AKAIO which has many bugs that are fixed from the original AceKard firmware.

I converted the price just to be sure... And it is under what you want to pay. You can also get the AceKard 2i if you are planning on getting a DSi, but no one is sure if it will be compatible with the DSi for your region.

Direct Links:
- AceKard 2.1 (w/o memory) 24,99 €
- AceKard 2.1 (/w 2GB Sandisk MicroSD)34,95 €
- AceKard 2i (w/o memory) 29,99 €
- AKAIO Wiki

Since the AceKard 2i was over the maximum paying price, I never added it. But you can still search around the site for it. If you have any more questions, just keep post it here and someone is bound to help you~!

gettogaara

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the r4 and am just wondering if I should upgrade too the next version I think its called r4 ultra they say its a 2 slot device and can use up to 32 gb which is a huge difference but still what r the flaws of this compared to the old one????

alexkapi12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
gettogaara said:
I have the r4 and am just wondering if I should upgrade too the next version I think its called r4 ultra they say its a 2 slot device and can use up to 32 gb which is a huge difference but still what r the flaws of this compared to the old one????

The r4 ultra is a fake version. There is no newer official r4 versions.

MaXAiRO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Splych said:
@ MaxAiRO ~ That is how the cheapos roll... Are there any neighbouring countries that are quite popular? Are you close to UK by any chance? Like is it closer than China? If so, there is another site I would recommend buying from if you want it to come faster.

And about the AceKard, not sure. You can try, and hopefully get a 2.1, but I haven't been reading anything about a 2.1 with a reader since everyone seems to be getting the Compact Edition. Other than that, people also recommend for you to use another reader. Since most flashcarts come with crappy readers, most people recommend getting a better one. But since you are from Greece, I don't know any computer stores near you. So you might as well try getting the one with a Reader and hope that your AceKard is a 2.1.

I just ordered Acekard 2 Compact Edition and EZ Flash Slot 2 3 in 1 for gba games. I dont care about the microsd reader since i always use SD Adapter. I have card reader on my PC. I hope that it s Acekard 2.1, I read somewhere that if DX sends you the 2.0 version u send it back and they send you the 2.1. The last time i ordered from DX, the product came after 9 days..

bolmedias

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Splych said:
bolmedias said:
Slot 1/2? Slot 1
Other?

You are from the UK. I suck with currency, but one place that I recommend buying from is Shop.01Media. They are based in the UK I think... So this site may be the one for you.

You aren't looking for anything special, so it makes it much easier for me. I recommend getting an AceKard 2.1. It has very good compatibility with games (well for me...), under your maximum paying price. Comes with the basic features (Auto-DLDI Patching, Cheat Support). Nothing special, but has an alternative firmware known as AKAIO which has many bugs that are fixed from the original AceKard firmware.

I converted the price just to be sure... And it is under what you want to pay. You can also get the AceKard 2i if you are planning on getting a DSi, but no one is sure if it will be compatible with the DSi for your region.

Direct Links:
- AceKard 2.1 (w/o memory) 24,99 €
- AceKard 2.1 (/w 2GB Sandisk MicroSD)34,95 €
- AceKard 2i (w/o memory) 29,99 €
- AKAIO Wiki

Since the AceKard 2i was over the maximum paying price, I never added it. But you can still search around the site for it. If you have any more questions, just keep post it here and someone is bound to help you~!
Sounds pretty darned awesome to me. Just to check that the cart at the links specified are indeed the 2.1, because the actual website only says it's the AceKard 2. If I wanted to branch out into GBA emulation, what are the good Slot 2 memory cards?

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gettogaara said:
The R4DS isn't being produced. Meaning all other R4DS' are all fake. I recommend buying an AceKard 2.1 since they are very cheap. They are real, and not fake (depending on where you buy) and their firmware is still being updated. Since you are from the USA, I recommend buying from either of the sites:

- Real Hot Stuff (Based in USA, Fast Shipping, Free Shipping on certain items)
- Deal Extreme (Cheapest Prices you can find, Based in Asia, Free Shipping On All Items, Very Slow Shipping)

Either one are good. When you go to Real Hot Stuff check the "Free Shipping Items" and the AceKard 2.1 should be there. Just think of it this way.

- I want the cheapest price and free shipping. It just might take forever to come to me (DealExtreme)
- I want faster shipping, decent prices, and hopefully will come in less than a week (RealHotStuff)

Price difference is small but that is probably because of the shipping. Now you can go decide on which place you want to buy ^^
* Once again, just a reminded, these are the flashcarts you should look out for since they may be fake (R4DS - All Fake, DSTT - Some are fake, M3Real - Some are fake. Just ask here if you aren't sure, since there are more, and I am too lazy to list them all xD)

MaXAiRO said:
I just ordered Acekard 2 Compact Edition and EZ Flash Slot 2 3 in 1 for gba games. I dont care about the microsd reader since i always use SD Adapter. I have card reader on my PC. I hope that it s Acekard 2.1, I read somewhere that if DX sends you the 2.0 version u send it back and they send you the 2.1. The last time i ordered from DX, the product came after 9 days..
Ah good choice. My guess of the slow shipping was because I am in North America. So it is much farther than you are right? (Once again, correct me if I am wrong. Worst at Geography). And if you do get a 2.0 version, just as they said, you should return it for a 2.1. Some people have even gotten other flashcarts... And luckily it might be you (SuperCard DS One v3, and that is all I remember. If it is something you have never heard of, post it here. So we can clarify.)

QUOTE(bolmedias @ Mar 21 2009, 05:51 AM)
Sounds pretty darned awesome to me. Just to check that the cart at the links specified are indeed the 2.1, because the actual website only says it's the AceKard 2. If I wanted to branch out into GBA emulation, what are the good Slot 2 memory cards?
Yep, their pictures are 2s, but if you go to the bottom of the page, you will notice that it says AceKard 2.1. At least they tell you. And they can be trusted, so don't worry about it.

For GBA Emulation, we just need to know one thing. Do you want it to have expandable memory, or just serve as an expansion pack? At Shop.01Media, they sell a lot of different expansions to allow you to play GBA games. If you are going to use it solely with the DS Lite only and serve as an expansion that you should get a EZ-Flash V 3-in-1 Expansion Pack. I am too lazy to search for it right now... But you can find it somehow.

I am not sure what you should use if you want to play GBA Games directly on it. So you will have to do some research yourself to know xP

Links:
- EZ-Flash V 3-in-1 Expansion Pack (GBA Size, Black) 29,95 €
- EZ-Flash V 3-in-1 Expansion Pack (Lite Size, Black) 29,95 €
- EZ-Flash V 3-in-1 Expansion Pack (Lite Size, White) 29,95 €

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bolmedias said:
Okay, I now require the ability to connect to the Wii with DS games, so I've found a CycloDS Evolution for a bit more money than the AceKard.
Just as you said, the CycloDS Evolution costs a bit more money than the AceKard 2.1, but is the only one that can connect with the Wii. Also has In-Game Guide and Real Time Save. So if you want the CycloDS just take advantage of those features.

If you aren't going to use them, I recommend you not to buy it. Since you are wasting a lot of extra money just for a few extra features (Wii Connectivity, In-Game Guide and Real Time Save)

Direct Links:
- CycloDS Evolution (Black w/o Memory) 42,95 €
- CycloDS Evolution (White w/o Memory) 42,95 €
- CycloDS Evolution (Black /w 4GB Sandisk Micro SDHC Card) 50,95 €
- CycloDS Evolution (White /w 4GB Sandisk Micro SDHC Card) 50,95 €

Don Roberto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gettogaara said:
so this is really fake???????

http://www.yallstore.com/r4-ultra-flash-cart-p-5744.html

Yes it is a fake. The R4 Ultra is merely an Acekard2 clone branded with R4.

You can get a legit Acekard2 from various stores for a lower or comparable price as that fake R4.

DealExtreme
FocalPrice
Stuffs4Kids
Real Hot Stuff
Yallstore

QUOTE(gettogaara @ Mar 21 2009, 04:14 PM) So if I buy it what would happen

I haven't heard of the R4 Ultra bricking anyone's DS, so if you were to buy it, you'd basically just only get updates some days after the official acekard team updates, if the R4 Ultra Team chose to convert them. You'd have the R4's interface instead of the Acekard2's (you may or may not care about this, look at some pics/videos and you can decide) and while you can currently use AKAIO with the R4 Ultra, Normatt is working on making it so that AKAIO can only be used on real Acekards.

Ryu X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an old R4 and a M3 Simply got them when they were around $80 that I use for my DS Lite and fat. Times seemed to have changed they really cheap now. Recently they become very touchy about loading I have to insert and eject them multiple times before the interface will even load. Both cards seem to act like this now on both of my DS systems.

So now I am looking to upgrade to a newer card. Don't really know too much at all about the current cards. Can anyone recommend a good card looking for one that supports SDHC would be nice, and won't have trouble loading. Looking for quality over something cheap that will break. I don't mind paying as long as its a good card.

Also do big memory cards effect loading? Like 8 and 16gb ones. I know a lot of games which require fast loading don't work with even 2gb on R4.

gettogaara

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same problem with the r4 I have to eject and blow into it a few times before it loads. I have a ds phat. also I'm trying to find out the same thing cause I want more space but don't want lag

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ryu X said:
I have an old R4 and a M3 Simply got them when they were around $80 that I use for my DS Lite and fat. Times seemed to have changed they really cheap now. Recently they become very touchy about loading I have to insert and eject them multiple times before the interface will even load. Both cards seem to act like this now on both of my DS systems.

So now I am looking to upgrade to a newer card. Don't really know too much at all about the current cards. Can anyone recommend a good card looking for one that supports SDHC would be nice, and won't have trouble loading. Looking for quality over something cheap that will break. I don't mind paying as long as its a good card.

Also do big memory cards effect loading? Like 8 and 16gb ones. I know a lot of games which require fast loading don't work with even 2gb on R4.
Umm... I am not sure about the memory card. It usually all depends on the Read Speed of your Micro SD/SDHC Card.

==

I recommend getting a AceKard 2.1 or a CycloDS Evolution. Only difference is that the CycloDS Evolution has Wii-DS Connectivity, In-Game Guide (Read text files during gameplay, like walkthroughs) and Real Time Save (Save anywhere using the CycloDS' saver).

I have said this before, so just read it xD

Just as you said, the CycloDS Evolution costs a bit more money than the AceKard 2.1, but is the only one that can connect with the Wii. Also has In-Game Guide and Real Time Save. So if you want the CycloDS just take advantage of those features.

If you aren't going to use them, I recommend you not to buy it. Since you are wasting a lot of extra money just for a few extra features (Wii Connectivity, In-Game Guide and Real Time Save)

timo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.wiids.nl
XP
Country
Belgium
So, the DSi is releasing nexth month in Europe. I've seen a couple of DSi-compatible cards like the EZFlash Vi and the Acekard 2. Are there more? Which one would you recommend?
Or could it be that Nintendo does something to the European DSi's which makes current DSi-compatible cards uncomatible... or something?

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You are planning on buying a DSi flashcart. No one is quite sure if they will work with the DSi.

As you can see, we only know that the current DSi flashcarts are only compatible with the Japanese DSi. We aren't sure if it will work with the North American or European DSi since it hasn't been tested. I wouldn't recommend you to buy one just yet. But it would be nice to get one now, and just keep it.

It will eventually be updated in the firmware and might work with the DSi's.

The only couple of "legitable/real" DSi flashcarts are the: DSTTi/TTDSi, AceKard 2i and the EZ Flash Vi. The rest are probably clones or something...

jamface202

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

My girlfriend has an Edge card from DealExtreme which was purchased before christmas. I've used it and think it's perfect as it's relatively cheap, plays every game I've tried to play with it and is updated frequently. It also plays movies which I like to do occasionaly.

However, it seems that nowhere has them any more (well, I've looked at DealExtreme and FocalPrice).

Can anyone recommend a good alternative to the Edge card? Or somewhere that does it at a reasonable price?

wingzrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need a recommendation. What site is cheapest, fastest, and generally most reliable to buy a M3 card from? I've seen allot of fake m3 cards being sold online and would like some feedback on buying from a good site.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1