Hacking Post your questions about which flashcart to buy

ShAdOwFuRi

Trophies
XP
Country
My Acekard 2 is starting to play up in terms of lack of contact. I'm thinking of getting a new one, but I really want one of the glued cases. Anyone know where I can get one for sure?

Aurora003

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use? games, music, homebrew
Price Range? around 40$
Slot 1/2? 1 and 2
Built in or expandable memory? expandable/sdhc. I have a 2gb microSD that I use with my R4.

Special features?
- drag and drop files
- soft reset
- adjustable backlite lighting
- fools other DS for a compatible download play (a feature that I read in the EZFlash V+ review)(All slot1s' have this feature?)
- will play gba files with slot2's help (or visa versa)
- GB/GBC, GBA, NES, SNES emulation

Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular? I have a R4(original). I'm considering getting a new card to replace my R4.
I'm looking at the EZ-Flash V+, Acekard 2 (2i), M3 real, iTouchDS, and a few others. I'm still uncertain as to what to get. lol As you can see. Any recommendations are most welcome.

Other?
- compatible for NDSL
- RTG would be nice; not necessary; maybe a homebrew program that reads text files (like Moonshell. DSReader?) or slot1's fw that's able to read it.

For all slot-1's (ignore if you want a slot-2):
Support slot-2 GBA?
yes
Support slot-2 rumble packs? no
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? maybe

For slot-2's (ignore if you want a slot-1): expansion pack or its own memory?
either?
Maybe a EZFlash V 3in1 Expansion Pack or M3perfect, but I'm unsure.
unsure.gif

gamemazter12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The CYCLODS must be the no#1 flashcart for now!!!!
The SUPERCARDDSONE is the 2nd flashcart!!!!!
(This flashcarts are too expensive)

The EDGE flashcart is the clone for CYCLODS but its worth to buy
If you cant afford expensive flashcarts, EDGE is the best.
EDGE is half of the price of the CYCLODS, its so cheap..
And its improve the more better play hours, and its fast!!
Supports Multiplay like nintendo wi-fi.
There are many flashcarts that is cheap but for me its EDGE
Its easy to use

Want to have more features like real time save(CycloDS)
Can handle many options(SupercardDSONE)
Cheap but great(EDGE)

psp.gif

nds.gif

gbasp2.gif

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Don't forget the AceKard 2.1. and M3Real Perfect Bundle.

AceKard 2.1 has the best compatibility for me. Cheats work the best and pretty much follow everything Aurora asked for.

The M3Real Perfect bundle has the best GBA compatibility in my opinion since you can use cheats while loading GBA Games (I think so...I remember, but double check to be sure).

But since gamemazter pretty much answered everything else...

I would rather recommend AceKard 2.1 since it has the best compatibility as I have said with a EZ-Flash 3-in-1 Expansion Pack if your budget isn't that high. (Has alternative firmware known as AKAIO. Fixed many bugs by the AceKard's Original firmware.)

Then the M3Real Perfect Bundle if you can afford a more expensive price, with a better GBA System. (Also has alternative firmware knowns as M3 Sakura. Many people prefer this firmware than the M3 Real's. And the M3 Real has Real Time Save.)

Where to buy:
DealExtreme (Cheapest, Free Shipping, Just Very Slow To Receive, TrustWorthy)
RealHotStuff (Based in USA, Faster Shipping But Not Free On Some Items, Trustworthy)

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ShAdOwFuRi said:
My Acekard 2 is starting to play up in terms of lack of contact. I'm thinking of getting a new one, but I really want one of the glued cases. Anyone know where I can get one for sure?
DX has them

Aurora003

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@gamemazter12
@Splych

Thanks. =)

With both of your advice, I at least narrowed down the slot1 cards down to Acekard, Edge, and the M3 bundle, but I haven't made a decision between the M3 slot2 card and the EZFV 3in1 card. =/

Hopefully, I'll be able to break it down with more research.

Couple of questions-

Does EZFlash5 3in1 still have various battery issues? I don't trust myself soldering a battery inside the 3in1, not with my skills. lol. I'll do more damage. I know I read something on this site, but since I'm searching for that same thread, it isn't showing up. =/

Is it possible for a slot2 card read .gba roms off of the slot1 card? I only ask this cause I see it in the YSMenu, and when I select it, it says it needs an expansion pack. So, I thought that when I get a new slot1 card (and pass my R4 to a friend) that it'll be similar in some way.

edit1: Seems from what I read both the M3 gba expansion and the EZFlash 3in1 are compatible with any slot1 card. I haven't found a post/thread that says otherwise.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sorry guys, my answers will not be as detailed as the usual for today. Doing homework.

@ Aurora ~ Yes there were a few battery issues. And there is a guide that doesn't require soldering for the battery. Just need a new battery and some electrical tape.

Here is the guide: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=132872

Yes it is possible depending on what flashcart you are using. Some flashcarts such as the AceKard 2.1 and M3 Real can load GBA Games directly. The AceKard 2.1 can but for the M3 Real you will have to go to the GBA loader part.

@ Zaraf ~ Nice avatar btw. I like it~!
Depends on your use. If you are going to use the Real Time Save and In Game Guide, then yes it is worth it. Unless you like to play games normally and fair, then go for the AceKard 2i.

Also, if you are looking into connecting your DS to your Wii, then you should also get the CycloDS Evolution as well.

Those are the only features that make the CycloDS so expensive... So go think about it. Read some more guides on these features, and you are bound to know what flashcart you want.

duffduff17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use? DS/GBA/GBC/GB/NES Games
Price Range? Up to $100
Slot 1/2? Both/Either
Built in or expandable memory? Ummm, I don't know. One that uses a MicroSD card?
Special features? Nope
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular I was looking at the R4DS and EV Flash 3-in-1 for DS Lite
Other? Nope

Don Roberto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
duffduff17 said:
Price Range? Up to $100
Slot 1/2? Both/Either
Built in or expandable memory? Ummm, I don't know. One that uses a MicroSD card?
Special features? Nope
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular I was looking at the R4DS and EV Flash 3-in-1 for DS Lite
Other? Nope

If you're totally willing to pay up to that much, you may consider getting the cycloDS with a 3-in-1. This will net you a built in support for the 3-in-1 as well as features such as Real Time Save (savestates) and Real Time Guide (viewing a text file during a game). If GBA is really important to you, and you can do without Real Time Guide, you could consider getting a M3 Real Perfect Bundle, as this will allow you extra functions like real time save in GBA games. If you can do without both Real Time Guide and Real Time Save, you can shave off more money by buying an Acekard2 with an EZ Flash 3-in-1, however you won't get extra GBA features.

CycloDS

Acekard2
Real Hot Stuff
DealExtreme

M3 Real Bundle

EZ Flash 3-in-1

As for looking for a microSDHC card, shoot for something rated class 6 if you can like this or this.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
duffduff17 said:
Price Range? Up to $100
Slot 1/2? Both/Either
Special features? Nope
Other? Nope
*Jaw Drops*

$100 dollars~?! Over board just to buy a flashcart. Expandable are the ones that can use Micro SD Cards btw. I like the fact that you aren't looking into any special features, but I will try to get as detailed as possible since I have no more homework~!

Since you are just wanting to play Games, your best bet is to go buy an AceKard 2.1. If you have any plans on getting a DSi, then go buy a AceKard 2i... AceKard 2.1 has the best compatibility and I haven't had any problems when using the AKAIO firmware. Buy an EZ-Flash 3-in-1 for the DS Lite and maybe look out for the Plus since it has more RAM (or was it NOR...)

It isn't bad to introduce more features, but there are other flashcarts out there as well. CycloDS Evolution has Real Time Save (Save where ever, whenever using the flashcarts saver~!), In-Game Guide, and can connect to you Wii. SuperCard DS One v3 has RealTimeSave (Save when ever, where ever using the flashcarts saver~!), In-Game Guide (Cyclo DS' is better), RealTimeCheat (Edit cheats where ever). M3Real has M3Sakura firmware that many people prefer and the M3Real just had RealTimeSave added.

As you can see, there are many flashcarts out there. So far, compatibility just seems to be what you are looking for. I would go for the AceKard 2.1 and EZ-Flash 3 in 1 Expansion Pack. I heard that when you use the M3 Real + The M3 Real Expansions, you can use cheats in GBA games. So there is one extra feature you might want. If you ever buy the M3 Real + EZ-Flash Expansion, you will be losing lots of features... So don't do it~!

So what I recommend is the AceKard 2.1 + EZ-Flash Expansion Pack or M3Real Perfect/Deluxe Bundle. Which ever one suits you. Here are the main features once again in point form:

AceKard 2.1 + EZ-Flash Expansion Pack
- Awesome Compatibility
- Basic Features.
- Nothing Special
tongue.gif

- Alternative Firmware: AKAIO
- Cheapest, most reliable solution (Ahem, DSTT is the worst~!)

M3 Real Perfect/Deluxe Bundle
- Good Compatibility
- RealTimeSave Recently Added
- Cheats in GBA Games? (Not too sure...)
- Alternative firmware: M3Sakura
- So far, I think it is the best combination for GBA Games~!

Where to buy:
- DealExtreme (Has everything. Don't get fooled by the very cheap M3Real and don't buy it~!)
- NewEgg (For your MicroSD Cards, Micro SDHC Cards. Only ships to America though)

duffduff17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
duffduff17 said:
Thanks, but I'm still a little confused. Do I need one microSD for the Acekard and one for the EZ Flash, or just one for the Acekard?
EZ flash is just an expansion pack, and not really a slot 2 flashcart, so it doesnt need a microSD
so just get one for your acekard

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So you chose the AceKard... Well, I would read about it so you won't be stumped on your first time using it. Read some guides on AKAIO so you could learn more about it.

Use it right away, I advise you so you would get used to the system instead of the original AceKard 2's firmware. If you use the original then AKAIO there may be a few differences, but it was sorta hard for me to get used to xP

franky86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use? DS and GBA roms
Price Range? any
Slot 1/2? I need both to play DS and GBA roms right? or can i run gba games off a cyclo? i believe i can't.
Built in or expandable memory? expandable
Special features? do any support SDHC? i have 2 16 GB cards, or will I have to get a micro SDHC(I only have a 512 mb micro SD card)
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular I've looked at a lot of them but Cyclo DS + EZ Flash 3in1 seems like the best quality/features, a lot of features I don't "need" but will take if I can get them.
Other?

What site to get it from? I have dealwoot.com bookmarked, they have free shipping.

roughly, how many DS games can you fit on a 2/4/8 gb card? what about my 512 mb card?
roughly, how many GBA games can fit on the EZ Flash3in1?

on dealwoot:
http://www.dealwoot.com/index.php?target=p...roduct_id=29870

it states:
"#NEW!!! 512Mbit GBA card
#NDS Browser RAM Expansion Pack"

Does that Cyclo come with a EZ Flash 3in1 or do I need to buy one? I am not sure from the description.

Thanks for any help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://overclock3d.net/news/cases_cooling/cooler-master-had-multi-coloured-ai-cryofuze-5-thermal... +1